The Secret Auto Garden

Cheers guys I have kind of got addicted too collecting the beans there's just so much choice and I want to sample as many as possible :bong: I can't wait for the white widow either indo not sure of haze as I can get photo haze cheap anyway was the misses choice :rofl:

update ok so we are now just about coming into week 5 and most of the ladies are finished stretch and are into bud production there is a smell arising I don't know if its down to an individual or the group but hoping it stays dull enuf I don't need to act lol the cream mandarine has now shot up and showing alot better growth finally still nothing like the other hals (which is also mutant but still producing) I have been feeding bio grow bio bloom and topmax for the last 4 wateringgs but have now dropped the bio grow as the ladies have finished there stretch marking the end of there vegetative state but blue dream is my face nice square plant and setting buds nicely northern is also a big rounded plant and the trans si well she is so hungry she can't get enough of the food having to water her every 2days green poison is nice and perfect but a little smaller than the rest along with sweet cheese and airpot there all around the same but still in stretch atm and the answer too complete lst on a auto...... Imo DONT she has been in there way too long and this grow has overtaken for the time she takes you could have 2standard plants so unless u have time and space issues please don't bend the main stem :bong: I have now changed another bulb too red but decided 2blues will stay throughout a higher spectrum of light can only help (as the l.e.d plants are showing wow her plants are sexy) but hope I haven't missed anything :roorrip:

Yeaa indo its annoying its always either haze or cheese I get off street a bit of ams pops up now and again(she's my fave strain I love intense body highs) but yeah you are right she is meant to be a large plant and covered in nice tight teardrop bugs so will be interesting to see grow and plus If the smoke is the same as the haze I keep getting :rofl:

Thank you random its getting a little too full its going to be like a sog soon enough :)

I agree PitBull at times my last grow had a bit of a pong but this time the tent stinks im not sure exactly who the culprit is could be my blueberry strain but I was of the opinion they don't smell until now altho a photoperiod is definitely a lot lot worse autoflowers do still create an intense aroma I don't think it will get to carbon filter level in the attic but still early day :rofl: :bong:

so guys what do you think of the video updates? I think they give a better perspective as you can see the ganja as its entirety so leaves as they die and come off base too top view all around would like a little feedback as this is just my thread its for all my fellow growers :roorrip:

update ok guys here are some pics for you too enjoy we are now in week 5 :bong: sorry there not of my usual quality but my main aim today was leaf removal alot of the lower leaves have shriveled and died but all new growth is fine as you can see in the pics so I will just have to see how they are in 2days whether I should be acting or not :roorrip:

DSC_15271.jpg
DSC_1528.jpg
DSC_1529.jpg
sweet cheese
DSC_15301.jpg
DSC_1531.jpg
DSC_1535.jpg
DSC_15361.jpg
cream mandarin
DSC_1541.jpg
DSC_1542.jpg
DSC_1537.jpg
DSC_1538.jpg

DSC_15391.jpg
DSC_1540.jpg
DSC_1543.jpg
DSC_1544.jpg
DSC_1545.jpg
DSC_15461.jpg
DSC_1547.jpg
DSC_1548.jpg
DSC_1549.jpg
DSC_15501.jpg
DSC_1551.jpg

Sweet Cheese
DSC_1532.jpg
DSC_15331.jpg

DSC_1552.jpg
DSC_1554.jpg
DSC_1555.jpg
DSC_1556.jpg
DSC_1557.jpg
DSC_15581.jpg

Thank you spimp I can't wait until those little flowers turn into juicy buds I have stretched these plants out more than the last for better light penetration and it seems to be paying off :bong: and that's only the back half of the tent my misses at the front and her plants are ahead of mine now and take up more room even though she has less plants its a lot of work definitely need to cutback altho I do love just opening the tent and just being transported to a whole other land just so many beautiful trees but no room for me too just sit in the middle and take in the aromas around :roorrip:

I'm gonna tell ya my opinion, I've only got a half dozen or so auto's under my belt so take it for what its worth...

From now on, I will be lollipopping my Auto's quite a bit. Maybe even removing some of the thinner branches before mega-flower is going on.
I just feel that auto's even more so than photo's seem to have tons of little popcorn's draining the bigger buds. I really think that the fast growing auto's out grow what the can fill up if that makes sense. The stem's always seem a little thin compared to similar age photo's and I think the consolidation of getting the tops fuller is the best avenue.
What's your opinion?

No not exactly. more like 4-8 defined tops vs 10+. I always end up trimming the bottom 4 or 5 and they end up being a bowl or two at best.
Seems like that 8 weeks of growing power could have went elsewhere to me more efficiently. I have one in the ground now and Ill be tweaking her and see what I get. :)

I'm gonna tell ya my opinion, I've only got a half dozen or so auto's under my belt so take it for what its worth...

From now on, I will be lollipopping my Auto's quite a bit. Maybe even removing some of the thinner branches before mega-flower is going on.
I just feel that auto's even more so than photo's seem to have tons of little popcorn's draining the bigger buds. I really think that the fast growing auto's out grow what the can fill up if that makes sense. The stem's always seem a little thin compared to similar age photo's and I think the consolidation of getting the tops fuller is the best avenue.
What's your opinion?

Cheers spimp your opinion is much appreciated I agree with you fully the popcorn lower buds do draw away from the main cola but I tend to leave most on except the real lower sidebranches some appear even as the plant is flowering up top she is producing unwanted vegetation growth on her lower parts but my way around it is any growth that looks like it will not produce before harvest I chop off and clone the clones don't become a new plant but does grow and produce a nice dense collection of buds so .1g ends up 10g(what I had of s.c clone) and with the stem thickness its funny you say that my shortrider last grow i was brutal with she was defoled and popcorn continuously removed and her stalk went so thick and strong there was no hollowness too it at all come harvest and the buds where so lush and dense :bong: i will need to do a side by side of 2dinafem fruit next grow so as to work out actual differences but imo you are difinately correct spimpster popcorn sure does drain plant I'll take a pic of sidegrowth clones next time I go to the loft for you :roorrip:

Good luck... the more i tried to defoil (lollypop) an auto, the more unwanted leaf growth i received at the bottom. It was bad, to the point to where the entire bottom turned into a cluster of unwanted tiny leaves making trimming at harvest a complete nightmare. From now on, its all about side lighting for me. This seems to turn those worthless small popcorn sites into viable buds. :blunt:

Good luck... the more i tried to defoil (lollypop) an auto, the more unwanted leaf growth i received at the bottom. It was bad, to the point to where the entire bottom turned into a cluster of unwanted tiny leaves making trimming at harvest a complete nightmare. From now on, its all about side lighting for me. This seems to turn those worthless small popcorn sites into viable buds. :blunt:

does it get that bad then? I noticed these growths after removing parts but always just left them be and removed when they grew back larger but I've only removed 2branches per plant so hasn't really mattered but I can't drop in sidelighting with these ladies there all branched and spread so hoping that as I've stretched them the light penetrates the lower canopy I've only removed a branch on northern so far as you may notice the 2l bottle in front of her :bong:

Back
Top Bottom