THsea Grows Indoors Soil

Hey everyone!

Smoke one for a fallen baby, Purple Haze will not be joining us in this grow.

Her stand in will be a... Arjan's Strawberry Haze... Gotta have my haze! :)

Also... My friend who gifted me the Kona Coffee plants.. Found a seed of Blue Dream in a bag of it he got a while ago.. Looks like we might have another cutting joining us... Blue Dream is great Haze!

I said there would be pictures when all four are up... They aren't! And pictures are a bit more difficult with all the movement in the household. I'll try to update tomorrow around noon... Picture update!

Thanks to everyone on the advice! Mr. Gator, Mark & OG! :) Those gel cube things are awful! My soil cuttings are already rocking and rolling :)

Kauai High is a beast! It might give OMM's Mekong a run for its money! ;)

Just so everyone is on the same page... I do not start my seedlings in FFOF. Been using Jiffy Organic Soil (some stuff for starting seedlings and taking cuttings). Great stuff! When they get repotted it will all be FFOF in the airpots... And OC+. I'll be using a very light organic nute too. Some local product I believe, mainly seaweed stuff... Been using mainly filtered tap water, but will move to RO water as the plants move into the pots and into the big tent.

Here we go!
The seedlings.. Left to right: Dr. G, PE, Church, and Kauai High
DSCN06021.JPG

DSCN06031.JPG

DSCN06045.JPG

This one is the Vintage
DSCN06053.JPG

These were taken yesterday.. The Kauai plant put out its next set of leaves. Went from 3 fingers to 7! I think she might need silica.

I gotta do more repotting while the family is out... I'll try to load up new pics after that.

We definately have KC#1-3 rooted.. The Extra #1 and 3 may or may not make it... #3 will be a gift for my good friend :).. I think they will though, they look healthy.

#4 is holding onto the edge, she may or may not make it either... The Tundra cutting died, but I took two more.. Hopefully at least one will live! If both do the other will be a gift for another friend. Gotta spread the aloha! This karma is really coming back to me in spades :) We may have a third hawaiian strain added.. Which means I may have to back seat the extra KC#1.. Or find her a new home... The new strain on our hands is Kauai Electric.

I have a strange question, and I apologize if its something I've asked before...

If you have large pots.. Could you put more than one plant in it? For example, a 10gallon pot holding two or three plants? Would their be a downside on the plants health? Beyond them touching and causing rot or whatever on the buds... More concerned with the roots.

I gotta do more repotting while the family is out... I'll try to load up new pics after that.

We definately have KC#1-3 rooted.. The Extra #1 and 3 may or may not make it... #3 will be a gift for my good friend :).. I think they will though, they look healthy.

#4 is holding onto the edge, she may or may not make it either... The Tundra cutting died, but I took two more.. Hopefully at least one will live! If both do the other will be a gift for another friend. Gotta spread the aloha! This karma is really coming back to me in spades :) We may have a third hawaiian strain added.. Which means I may have to back seat the extra KC#1.. Or find her a new home... The new strain on our hands is Kauai Electric.

I have a strange question, and I apologize if its something I've asked before...

If you have large pots.. Could you put more than one plant in it? For example, a 10gallon pot holding two or three plants? Would their be a downside on the plants health? Beyond them touching and causing rot or whatever on the buds... More concerned with the roots.

Sounds good THsea! :circle-of-love: Kauai Electric sounds good. :bravo:

I hope your Tundra makes it...there are no more of her seeds available, she has been discontinued. I will save you some...she is the best of this grow.

I have seen folks grow multiple plants in one pot, but have never done it myself. Someone will make a comment I'm sure. If you can....they will be big.
Hint: I will take your overflow. :bravo:

Aloha Nui Loa Thsea. is kauai high your own creation? whats the lineage on that strain ?never heard of it before is why I ask..

Welcome! :high-five: Not my own creation. This is my first personal grow actually.

I've never heard of it before either. It was from some stuff that came from Kauai... Thats about all I really know. At first I thought it would be some kind of sativa, as thats what the tropics are really known for.. But the leaves are fat and round more in the manner of indicas... Kona Coffee is supposed to be indica also... I know nothing about Kauai Electric either... Sad, huh? Unless you know the grower personally on the islands you will never really know the lineages. There is only one island strain that I'm pretty sure is a pure sativa. It's called Plumeria. OMM's Wild Thailand is the only sativa I've ever tried that rivaled it.

I'm just happy to have some unique stuff. I am growing four commercial strains alongside the hawaiian plants.

OMM, I was hoping you might want overflow, if it happens :)

The KH is in a one gallon airpot now.. I'll wait for the four other seedlings to catch up in size before repotting them. The KC's will probably take forever... So blah on them! I think I might wait to sprout the Kauai Electric.. Maybe it will wait til next grow, or have more of a staggered start.

You can run multiple plants in one tub if you wish, I have ran a few bed grows. The problem I ran into is that one plant seemed to grow faster and cover the other plants. Also some times the roots will fight for space.
Some people run bed grows with great results, but not me. Maybe better spacing?

You can run multiple plants in one tub if you wish, I have ran a few bed grows. The problem I ran into is that one plant seemed to grow faster and cover the other plants. Also some times the roots will fight for space.
Some people run bed grows with great results, but not me. Maybe better spacing?

Thanks Mark! :thumb:

Cool, so my KC plants will be veg'ed in 2L airpots.. Then I'll throw three into a 10 gallon airpot for flower... They are pretty small plants.. Next to something like Church, when its grown outside, KC is half the height.. So maybe they wont over take each other.

I have before and it turned out bad because of a male plant snuck in. I culled the male but couldn't get all the root system out so it spread root rot. If you have all clones I see no problem. Fem seeds are still not 100%

017169.JPG

Happy Valentines day everyone!

Had a bit of chicken yesterday, put me in a bad sorts (allergic). Can't find the memory card either... Aye aye aye!

Just watered the plants... Gave em' all silica. Not really much to report in the way of them...

Once I get my tax refund I'll be able to finish the tent and move everything in there.. So around the end of the month supposedly. Which is good, once the other four plants move to the 1gal airpots there wont be any room in my closet.

Thanks Sisco! The KC plants are all female cuttings! :thumb: Your right about the fem seeds not being 100%, one of OMM's did... I think it was Church too.

Hope everyones grows are going well. Peace!

Happy Valentines day everyone!

Had a bit of chicken yesterday, put me in a bad sorts (allergic). Can't find the memory card either... Aye aye aye!

Just watered the plants... Gave em' all silica. Not really much to report in the way of them...

Once I get my tax refund I'll be able to finish the tent and move everything in there.. So around the end of the month supposedly. Which is good, once the other four plants move to the 1gal airpots there wont be any room in my closet.

Thanks Sisco! The KC plants are all female cuttings! :thumb: Your right about the fem seeds not being 100%, one of OMM's did... I think it was Church too.

Hope everyones grows are going well. Peace!

Hi Buddy......sounds good...except the chicken. Got a couple more church seeds today....and a few others. How does Thursday afternoon sound? Jo's got small job for you. :Namaste:

Cool Sisco! Yea, I'm starting to think about things for flower different myself...

I'll be definately putting 3 Kona Coffee's into a 10gallon shindig. Not sure about the others, since you brought up root rot... I don't think Dr.Grinspoon will entertain company. She will be harvested probably about the time the next grow goes in! :)

Today started out okay... But didn't end well. Been to down and out to really look for the damn memory card.. Sorry 'yall..

OMM's Matanuska was a ragging success! Low on yield, but as an extremely finicky cannabis user.. It's wonderful :) Even without a real cure duration.

Which will bring me to my next tid-bit. Cuttings... I understand that it allows you to do alot of neat things, preserve special strains yada yada... But it just seems like seeds are way faster. I really only want to use cuttings for making seeds..

That being said, you bet your arse we will still veg the KC's.. By the weekend we should have our first topping for the season! Kauai High, for seed purposes! And I guess to tell the gender. If its a male it'll go the way of ol' yeller. The cutting should yield enough pollen to play with...

Update on the cuttings btw.. Both KC#1's bit the dust... There is one of 2 and 4 and two of 3... So there wont be any KC's for OMM this time around... But I'm sure he has a seed or two to germ! ;) Shoot, the more cuttings I lose the more tempting those Kauai Electric seeds look.

EDIT! I think I may have figured out how to get pic's without my camera! brb

Cool Sisco! Yea, I'm starting to think about things for flower different myself...

I'll be definately putting 3 Kona Coffee's into a 10gallon shindig. Not sure about the others, since you brought up root rot... I don't think Dr.Grinspoon will entertain company. She will be harvested probably about the time the next grow goes in! :)

Today started out okay... But didn't end well. Been to down and out to really look for the damn memory card.. Sorry 'yall..

OMM's Matanuska was a ragging success! Low on yield, but as an extremely finicky cannabis user.. It's wonderful :) Even without a real cure duration.

Which will bring me to my next tid-bit. Cuttings... I understand that it allows you to do alot of neat things, preserve special strains yada yada... But it just seems like seeds are way faster. I really only want to use cuttings for making seeds..

That being said, you bet your arse we will still veg the KC's.. By the weekend we should have our first topping for the season! Kailua High, for seed purposes! And I guess to tell the gender. If its a male it'll go the way of ol' yeller. The cutting should yield enough pollen to play with...

Update on the cuttings btw.. Both KC#1's bit the dust... There is one of 2 and 4 and two of 3... So there wont be any KC's for OMM this time around... But I'm sure he has a seed or two to germ! ;) Shoot, the more cuttings I lose the more tempting those Kauai Electric seeds look.

EDIT! I think I may have figured out how to get pic's without my camera! brb

Hey Brudda ! :love:

Big Duhhh moment! You can use my extra camera....any time you want it....but don't lose the memory card! :popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks OMM! You know, if I just found my usb cord I wouldn't even need the memory card! But I do like my card... Its a 2gig micro SD.. :) I have a 4 gig one somewhere too. Took pictures with my mother's iphone.. So here they be.

Group Shot!
IMG_042510.JPG

Now we will take a closer look at the Kauai High
IMG_04269.JPG

IMG_042711.JPG

Might do a daytime photo shoot tomorrow... The plants dont really get great light during the day.. Not til about 2pm, but its direct for a solid 4 hours then..They come out of the closet usually 8am-10am. They love the LED at night. I'd really like to take them on the back of my place.. Get the full 12 hours of sunlight.. But the way houses are, it just wouldn't be cool here.

So... Today my mom is seeing a movie and took her iphone. We might be able to do pics later... I'll put them under CFL's for the pictures this time, KH is a really dark shade of green :) Roots are starting to come out the holes of the airpot for it! Good times!

The only crappy thing is... I really need to put the four seedlings into pots.. But there really isn't enough room to have them and keep "good" coverage in the closet. I'll make it work though, its either that or let them get stressed... Since the airpots seem less traumatic for repotting, I'm thinking about putting the seedlings into the 2liters, just for space saving. The more I think about it the more I like the idea.

Enough nonsense! I'm doing a little experiment with the KH, I've supercropped the fan leaves 45 degrees to the right. The side branch above each fan leaf was left un-altered... The idea is just exposing the side branches to more light... It has some nice side braching, the lowest ones are almost as long as she is tall! She's grown an inch in the past day or two, at seven inches now. So like I said before I'll probably top her when she hits 8", then she will be about the same height as the seedlings atleast.

Hope your mom dosn't take her phone somewher and starts showing off her pictures...then all the sudden you have all 8" of your expeimental Kh doing things that no other woman should see! lol

Haha! :high-five: I deleted the pictures right after, no worries!

Yea, i still don't really know how well the supercropping will do her, but I figured more leaves bathed in light the better.

Edit: It will be a pain in the butt but I'll post pic's before I goto bed. The KH looks like she were beaten... Got a couple limbs cropped correctly... Most are fusked up. Didn't repot the plants, felt like carp all day. Feeling better now. I could repot tonight.. The 2L things don't take any time at all... We'll see after the pic's. Man, space is such an issue now its crazy.

Back
Top Bottom