Vetsmoke85 First Grow Stealth Cabinet

That microscope is utterly useless. All I can see is the bright white of the LED. Took a few pics with my phone but need to try and see if I can get better pics using pro mode.

Attachments

• 20190509_154538.jpg
    20190509_154538.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190509_154657.jpg
    20190509_154657.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190509_154700.jpg
    20190509_154700.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190509_154752.jpg
    20190509_154752.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 38
Tried my daughter's clip on one but the pics weren't as good for some reason. Thinking of getting a digital one that plugs into the phone for £15. Might not even need it if I can get my head around taking macro shots with the phone.

That microscope is utterly useless. All I can see is the bright white of the LED. Took a few pics with my phone but need to try and see if I can get better pics using pro mode.
A decent photo editor can generally zoom ya in another 10X if you have a up-close-clear pic to start with.
2019-05-09-10-21-52.jpg

I use an app on my phone called Photo Director. Works great to crop/rotate, and sharpen images...

A decent photo editor can generally zoom ya in another 10X if you have a up-close-clear pic to start with.
2019-05-09-10-21-52.jpg

I use an app on my phone called Photo Director. Works great to crop/rotate, and sharpen images...
Nice one I'll have a look at some apps tonight. Have to order some trimmers and mason jars soon I think.

Quick question for you experienced folks. Wondering when to stop the nutes and start to flush for harvest. Was thinking a 1 week flush. Best to stick with the nutes and see how we're looking at the end of next week?

I keep evolving in my thoughts toward flushing thanks to some of the very good discussions in this forum on the subject. I am still convinced that a flush near the end of the grow is a very good thing, but the why is the question. Also, please don't confuse the concept of giving just water in the last two weeks (which I used to think was the way to do things) with a proper flush of 3x the container size to cleanse the growing medium.
Since going organic I have come to realize that my nutrients and my microbes are active right up to the end. You would think that in a grow like mine, immersed 24/7 in a nutrient rich and incredibly active rhizosphere where there is never any flush, that there would be no choice but to end up with a strong nutrient taste in the final product. To the contrary, people who grow and smoke organically grown pot rave about the true, natural and intense flavors of the product. How can this be?
With the exception of the harsh taste that I have noticed from giving magnesium (molasses) at the end, it is hard to determine that there is a nutrient "taste" although there are times when I have believed that I could tell by taste a Miracle Grow grow or a FoxFarm nutrient line grow, but I am starting to believe that the jury is still out on this. So, why do we flush?
We flush a synthetic grow, simply to clear the salts or to clear the soil of one mix of nutrient for another. At the end, after we have been pushing hard in weeks 5-7, a lot of salt has built up in the medium. It makes sense that a proper flushing and clearing of the salt buildup will help the roots uptake more water at the end, which happens to coincide with the point in the grow where the plant is attempting to uptake the maximum amount of everything so as to build those buds. But, is it necessary to withhold any future nutes at this point, after we have done a cleaning of the medium? For taste, excluding magnesium, I don't think so. Does it then follow logically that we should be happy to just allow the buds to continue building with water alone, or could the plants benefit still more from additional nutes right up to the end?
My current thinking, which necessarily has evolved over the years, is that the final flush is highly desirable in any synthetic grow... but nutes need to be given right up to the end for maximum yield.

Thanks Emilya. An interesting topic when you think about it. So as I'm using organic nutrients I probably don't need to worry too much about it? The biobizz schedule has the last week as just water I think. Maybe I'll do that with one and not the other, then see if I notice much difference.

Trying a few photo apps on the phone. Really can't wait to try smoking these girls.

Attachments

• 2019-05-10-07-21-37.jpg
    2019-05-10-07-21-37.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 2019-05-10-07-23-08.jpg
    2019-05-10-07-23-08.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20190510_072414.jpg
    20190510_072414.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
Looking good and frosty,Vet...If you're going to flush,or just cut the nutes,I wouldn't do that just yet.
Those buds have a lot of fattening up to do yet-I'd say ,from the last pic,you've got at least two weeks to go,
probably a bit more.
You could pinch off a small bud and lay it on top of your router (or somewhere warm) for a day or two,
and give it a try...that'll make the waiting a little easier...if it's good,it'll be nothing but better in two or 3 weeks...and there'll be more of it.

Looking good and frosty,Vet...If you're going to flush,or just cut the nutes,I wouldn't do that just yet.
Those buds have a lot of fattening up to do yet-I'd say ,from the last pic,you've got at least two weeks to go,
probably a bit more.
You could pinch off a small bud and lay it on top of your router (or somewhere warm) for a day or two,
and give it a try...that'll make the waiting a little easier...if it's good,it'll be nothing but better in two or 3 weeks...and there'll be more of it.
Yeah won't be harvesting until I'm back from Paris so will be at least 2 weeks. It's like torture though. Ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom