Woodsman Outdoors

Woodsman Outdoors

Hello folks and welcome to my 2010 outdoor grow! To my old friends here at 420, grab those old worn out seats o'yers, get your favorite herb, sit back and enjoy! As you see from my self portrait :Rasta:, I am still that extremely handsome devil you all know and love!

To those of you new to 420magazine.com I welcome you all and encourage you to participate! We were all new here at one time just like you. We all know how difficult it may seem to get around and navigate at first , so don't hesitate to ask questions. There are many very helpful people here at 420, staff and members both that will help you out and steer you in the right direction! I myself was very confused when I first came on board and was very hesitant to join in. Wasn't long before that changed and I found myself with a whole lot of very nice friends. So that being said, I encourage you to not be bashful or shy and to pipe in whenever you like! I'm honored to have you all here!

*Note:

I have been growing these meds for many years (outdoors) and I thought I knew how to grow. It wasn't till I came here to 420 that I realized I knew very little! I knew about 10% of what is needed to grow good meds. What I have learned here is astounding! It has helped me to grow and harvest much better smoke. Folks, I am still a beginner at this and I have so much more to learn on this wonderful journey. This is a great place to learn and to grow our meds correctly. There are many advanced growers on this site that have helped me in this journey and will continue to help me. I am very much indebted to them all for the knowledge they so willingly share with us!

Warning:

Sometimes it may seem that we may get a little out of hand here. It is only your imagination though and is most likely caused by the changing of medications or the use of really bad sh*t. Don't worry, it will pass. Also to you wonderful ladies out there both growers and tokers, you are most welcome to join in. Don't take anything we say here serious other than what is pertaining to the grow. It is all said in good fun and not meant to be disrespectful (this thought comes from an old medicine man I know so no need to panic). We occasionally 'stray' into areas that are not so 'innocent' perhaps, but this is done without any devious intent. At times I may bring up or mention my wife, please don't take me serious when I do this (she sure doesn't). You see ladies, my wife whom I love dearly is not 100 percent behind me in these botanical endeavors of mine. She's more like -45% behind me (that's minus 45 by the way).

OK enough said, let's get down to business!

Where:
Back deck in pots

What:
2 - Mazar Afghan mostly indica
1 - NL#5 mostly indica
1 - NL#5 (a regeneration from the last grow)
7 - bagseeds from a friend in San Diego
two different varieties called SD1 (4 plants)
SD2 (3 plants) both seem mostly indica
1- Not sure if it is SD1 or SD2 (I was highly medicated at the time of planting)

Total of 12 plants (not feminized)

I use mostly Happy Frog soil:
'This is a ready to use, nutrient rich, and fine screened potting soil. It has a light texture and is well aerated. Ideal for containerized plantings. pH adjusted for optimum results. Contains beneficial microbes.'

In some of the bagseed pots I have needed to mix the Happy Frog with sphagnum peat moss as the use of the Happy Frog was becoming expensive. I have added lime to these mixes to deal with the acidic nature of the peat.

Perlite added to all containers

All mature/female plants will end up in 5 gal to 10 gal containers.

I am using artisan water (nearby spring) and rainwater. Both need to be pH adjusted prior to application

Nutes: For veg I use Alaskan Fish Emulsion and for flower I have at this time Fox Farm Tiger Bloom. I have molasses and Cal/mag when needed.

As this is a low budget grow, I may or may not be able to provide much more than what I have on hand.

I normally start no more than 3 or 4 plants outside and end up with one or two females (most years). This 'twelve plant endeavor' is new to me and may or may not be an issue with the wife! So far my dear wife has been quite 'silent' about this. If I have more than 4 or 5 females, the rest may go out in the yard and thus will be at the mercy of every insect that has been created! I have 70% Neem Oil to help me along the way as needed (it will).

At the time of this posting, the plants are in various stages of vegetative growth. The actual dates of germination are quite irrelevant for an outdoor grow in my opinion as they will all go into flower roughly at the same time whether I like it or not (I like it)! I have left out the early stages of this grow to streamline this journal and for me it is quite boring anyway! Most of the plants were started in early May. All from seed except for the NL#5 in regeneration which I call the Runt. She was my tiniest but perhaps the most potent of the last grow (indoor) and also the last to mature. I had tried initially to regenerate her sister, Big Girl, but she did not make it.

Normally by the beginning of May I've been able to start my outdoor grows. This time I had some serious weather issues that caused me much aggravation. We had temps here that went down to freezing on some of the nights and very cold daytime temps. Thus the 'little ones' were brought in and out at very irregular intervals, slowing growth rates down drastically. The last three weeks though, temps have been back to normal and as such all the plants have finally taken off! My only concern now is the Runt. Not that she won't start her regeneration, but that she is a late finisher and I can only grow safely here into mid Oct. the latest. If I have to I will bring her into the house to finish. We'll see!

Alright here's some photos of the crew!

Group shot: Left to right (top) NL#5 smallest and youngest of them all followed by the 8 bagseeds. (bottom) the 2 Mazars and the Runt (NL#5) in regeneration.

DSCN0615_-_Copy_-_Copy_-_Copy.JPG

NL#5 baby and the 8 bagseeds

DSCN0616_-_Copy.JPG

The 2 Mazar plants in their 10 gal containers

DSCN0618_-_Copy.JPG

The Runt starting here regeneration in her new 10 gal container. Bag Balm was used to seal her stems.

DSCN0610.JPG

I'd like to thank you all for joining me on this grow! Comments, suggestions, opinions are encouraged!

Hope you all enjoy, I will!

Woodsman

Aloha-e-O Woods. Nice new digs you got here. Looking forward to how they turn out for you. May the Schwartz be with you my friend!! The youngins are looking good so far man!! SUWEET!!!

Hello Mr. Woodsman I hope you don't mind but, I am a very critical person, so you better be doing things right here, I don't want to waste my time fooling around with a self called newbie. I'll be watching your every move and get control of that wife of yours too!. :smokin:

I hope you don't believe that sh*t! J/K

Woodsman! I'm looking forward to your outdoors adventure!

I hope all goes well. I'll be following along:bongrip::)

Ahh the great outdoors...fresh air :bongrip:, yeah fresh air :bong:....oh hey there Woods. Nice lineup of girls there on your porch.

I couldn't miss this one...will be too much fun to watch the ladies grow all the while hoping the other lady in your life doesn't turn out to be a BUD STOMPER.

I am glad my significant other doesn't like to stomp on buds...how does yours feel on the matter?....OMM's ex rang in on that subject yesterday and yes she favor's stomping...hope yours is the non stomp choice maker...:)

:peace: my friend Woods, I will be here with bells on...well maybe not bells...:grinjoint:

Oh shit here we GO! I cant wait to see how they turn out. You have me thinking brother....600watts or the SUN!!!

Hey Velo! Great to have ya in my friend! This will be a great place with you around.

Sun for sure buddy unless ya got nosy neighbors, roving packs of wild teenagers lurking around or your in a hurry since it will take longer outside. Sounds like your thinking of something and that's good! Do it bro.

Aloha-e-O Woods. Nice new digs you got here. Looking forward to how they turn out for you. May the Schwartz be with you my friend!! The youngins are looking good so far man!! SUWEET!!!

Howdy Jas! If this 'Schwartz' guy has some good sh*t, bring him over! LOL Glad to have ya bud!

Hello Mr. Woodsman I hope you don't mind but, I am a very critical person, so you better be doing things right here, I don't want to waste my time fooling around with a self called newbie. I'll be watching your every move and get control of that wife of yours too!. :smokin:

I hope you don't believe that sh*t! J/K

Geez, your meaner than my first grade teacher Mrs. Barber! I still get nightmares from the time she paddled my six year old arse in front of the entire school during an assembly for chewing gum with my mouth open (thought I was talking)! Old hag if there ever was one! I think she was in her 90's, late 90's. I've still got the class picture from that grade. I drew horns on her head! Honest!

Old Med, glad to see that your ex let ya come over to play! Did you tie her up with the chain to keep her from stomping on yer White Widow while yer gone?

Woodsman! I'm looking forward to your outdoors adventure!

I hope all goes well. I'll be following along:bongrip::)

Thank you Big C you will be an honored guest whenever your in town!

Ahh the great outdoors...fresh air :bongrip:, yeah fresh air :bong:....oh hey there Woods. Nice lineup of girls there on your porch.

I couldn't miss this one...will be too much fun to watch the ladies grow all the while hoping the other lady in your life doesn't turn out to be a BUD STOMPER.

I am glad my significant other doesn't like to stomp on buds...how does yours feel on the matter?....OMM's ex rang in on that subject yesterday and yes she favor's stomping...hope yours is the non stomp choice maker...:)

:peace: my friend Woods, I will be here with bells on...well maybe not bells...:grinjoint:

Hey my fine Mountain friend, nice of you to drop in. As you heard, OMM (for those of you new to this, OMM stands for Old Med Man a wise and gifted grower) I was saying that OMM just dropped by here and left *Jo at home alone. He tied her up with a chain I think. Hope it holds!

*Jo is OMM's ex who just happens to live with him. Poor guy, she tried to stomp on his White Widow out in his back yard the other day (if he didn't live in Hawaii I'd probably feel sorry for him).

:surf: Woordsman just dropping by. Will be by plenty so see how this outdoo grow of yours. Ladies is looking good, as always :rollit:

Myzz nice of you to drop in. Thank you for your kind words also!

Sorry about the lousy pics I took! It's not the camera (a gift from OMM by the way) its a combination of three things, one is the 'green on green' effect with the forest foliage directly behind the plants and the second is the location of the pots themselves. They're actually behind a wicker love seat that helps block the view from the house. Makes it harder to get a close up. Third issue is that the afternoon and late afternoon Sun is directly behind the plants. Next pics will be better. Oh ya, the breeze doesn't help much either! LOL! Not like indoors where you can turn the fan off for a photo session.

Here folks have some on me!

:passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft:

This is going to be good! My close friend has a NL#5 x Blueberry outside. It'll be cool watching them both develop. I've never done outdoor and just started indoor. I'm steering him and 12 other plants in the praries, so having a journal from someone who i've seen have great indoors is reassuring.
Perfect Timing.:)
Thank You!
subd

/* begin lurking */

I thought I felt something over my shoulder (lurking). Hey guys welcome to the party!

This is going to be good! My close friend has a NL#5 x Blueberry outside. It'll be cool watching them both develop. I've never done outdoor and just started indoor. I'm steering him and 12 other plants in the praries, so having a journal from someone who i've seen have great indoors is reassuring.
Perfect Timing.:)
Thank You!
subd

MM nice to have you over here! I've had Blueberry on my 'need to buy for next years grow list' for a while. The NL#5 x Blueberry sounds very interesting indeed! Good luck to both of you in your grows!

Sign me up Scotty!!! Wait...no...that's beam me up. Whatever! It's the thought that counts, right! ??? lol

I'm interesting in watching the Runt reveg for sure, I still have my plant from the second harvest but I've been paying her little attention. Heck, she hasn't even been watered since a few days prior to harvest (2 weeks ago??)! She's just sitting on the floor in my bedroom catching sunlight whenever...no set lighting schedule, lights on in the bedroom at night, morning, sun during the day...it's whatever. Still has some green leaves but there isn't much growth although as I said I'm really not helping her out lol

Sign me up Scotty!!! Wait...no...that's beam me up. Whatever! It's the thought that counts, right! ??? lol

I'm interesting in watching the Runt reveg for sure, I still have my plant from the second harvest but I've been paying her little attention. Heck, she hasn't even been watered since a few days prior to harvest (2 weeks ago??)! She's just sitting on the floor in my bedroom catching sunlight whenever...no set lighting schedule, lights on in the bedroom at night, morning, sun during the day...it's whatever. Still has some green leaves but there isn't much growth although as I said I'm really not helping her out lol

Aye aye Capt'n...... Capt'n! I can only beam half of you up, the nuclearmotorcentometer is not responding and .........I have to read the manual before I can get the rst of you....:reading420magazine:

Howdy Lil nice to have ya along for support! I'm hoping any day now to get some new growth out of her. I got some new photos comin up in a bit. Let you all keep a watch on her with me.

Good luck with your outdoor babies. I will be watching for them to grow into beautiful ladies.

Glad to have ya over HTL, like old times!

I will be watchin this one

im watching and learning

LotzOfTrycs and GRAVEYARDTOM, come on in and take a seat and always feel welcome!

Had to wait for the rain to stop so I could get some pics!

Photos of the Runt from late this afternoon. Dripping wet! We'll use these pics to compare with the next time I take pics. I don't see anything yet. Should be within the next few days.

DSCN0629_-_Copy.JPG

DSCN0633.JPG

Here's some of my FIM work. Not exact, but that's why it's called FIM (F*** I Missed). Some of the deformed leaves were removed here. I have other plants that I left those half leaves alone for comparison. Can you count the new tops?

FIM3.JPG

Here you see my FIM were I've left the deformed foliage whereas on the above pic, these were removed. While the top starts to produce new growth, the undercanopy gets a boost from the additional sunlight that's now able to reach it..Those lower branches should now catch up to the 'tops'. Unlike this plant, the undergrowth on the above plant will have even more sunlight since I removed the 'torn and deformed leaves.

FIM_1.JPG

This is the SD(?) bagseed that is my oldest plant. It has about a week head start on the others. This plant like some of the others was supercropped and was actually done a few times. This one has been growing like crazy and will be a huge bush if it's a female. It's in a 5 gallon pot by the way.

Supercropped1.JPG

All the 'manipulations' have been done on the bagseeds.
So far I haven't done anything on with the two Mazars or the NL#5. I've been debating whether I should let them grow natural. Never grew one out like that as I always needed to grow wide rather than tall. We'll see. Even if I let them go 'natural' I could always pull the tops down later if they get to tall.

high woods,
shes still green and alive and looks healthy, yeahhhhh go runt...nice looking bunch of goodies ya got there....hope they're all female for you....and you get to put up alot....im very interested in the outdoor grow.....finally talked the hubby into putting out the duckfeet, soooo, i guess i'll get to try....now hope the kids or snoops dont find it or know what it is....nice deck.....will be back, but of course you know that....lavendar:nicethread::thanks::peace::rollit:

Back
Top Bottom