Serious 6 - My First Grow

KeepSmiling

Greetings Growers!

I've a 1x1 Meter homebox with a 600w light and this is my first grow.
i planted six serious 6 seeds and they are now 4 weeks old since breaking earth.
i changed to 12/12 a week ago and was really happy how the plants looked...
...till today.
i'm watering every day and adding nutrient as it says on the Plagron-grow-schedule.
there is 30% humidity in the box and i'm spraying the plants with water every second day.
temperature under the light is 86°F and drops to 75 by night.
...as i think this might be to high (soil also felt too warm), i just turned of
the radiator in that room today. this should drop the temp to 80° by day.

i'm not sure if my problems are due to over or underwatering or maybe even a nutrient problem.
all plants get the same amount of water and some are dropping the leaves badly,
some look good, and at one plant the leaves are getting yellow at the top.
it's hard to see on the pics due to the yellow light, however i've added some arrows in paint :D so you
should be able to see it.

i hope you guys are able to help me.
:thanks:

sorry for my bad english.

cheers!

Here the pics:

ypi0.jpg

acso.jpg

3jvt.jpg

b61l.jpg

ov58.jpg

uuol.jpg

Hi Keepsmiling, and :welcome:
It does sound to me that you might be watering too much, but I will reserve that thought for the more seasoned growers. It's hard to tell the true color of the leaves with the lighting. Can you post one pic without the yellowish light? That might be helpful to understand where and how the plant you mentioned is yellowing. They are nice looking plants though!
Congrats on starting your journal and there should be members to help you very soon!
:thumb:

subscribed. 30% relative humidity is too low for your plants, they will grow better during vegetative growth with 50%-70% humidity. I would put a cool mist humidifier where the air intake comes from. Is your soil wet or dry? are your pots light or heavy? can you place 1 of your fingers in the soil to feel if it is moist? It appears to be over or under watering.

Hey KingJohn,
i tried to use the 420magazine uploader...
however it just says "you have no pictures"
can't find where to upload them! but if you tell me where, i'll do so!
thx for info!

Hey KingJohn,
i tried to use the 420magazine uploader...
however it just says "you have no pictures"
can't find where to upload them! but if you tell me where, i'll do so!
thx for info!
There are actually two steps to upload pics. Go to upload pictures and see if there are any listed in your "queue" (it will be a number, not a picture) at the top of the page, if so..scroll to the bottom and click on "process" or upload/submit again. See if that works, if there are no pictures showing in the queue then the upload didn't work and you will probably have to start over. Hope that helps.:circle-of-love:

Hey Guys,

i lowered the temp, flushed them with water and now everything looks fine again.
I also found out the reason, why the leaves started to get yellow - SUNBURN.

i switched from 400W to 600W a week before and didn't move the lamp up.

i think they feel good again.
on Sunday they will be 5 weeks old, 2 weeks since 12/12

cheers!

IMG_28175.JPG

there's something i dont understand....
5 of the plants look the same - they have 2 leaves on each "floor"
however there is one plant that has 3 leaves on each "floor"
is this normal? or is this plant a different type and there was a wrong seed in the set?

cheers!

Day 40 - looking great!
finally a picture where you can see the color...

IMG_301210.JPG
IMG_30113.JPG
IMG_30074.JPG
IMG_30046.JPG
IMG_30037.JPG
IMG_30023.JPG
IMG_29985.JPG
IMG_29973.JPG

how much do you guess will i get at the end? i have absolutly no idea as this is my first try!

there's something i dont understand....
5 of the plants look the same - they have 2 leaves on each "floor"
however there is one plant that has 3 leaves on each "floor"
is this normal? or is this plant a different type and there was a wrong seed in the set?

cheers!

your plants are looking good. the "floor" as you call them are called nodes. each node starts with 2 branches coming off then when most plants mature they create only 1 branch at each node. 3 branches per node are unusual. you may want to move your ballast outside of your tent to reduce grow temperatures.

Day 51 (i think..) - BUD EXPLOSION :thumb:

thanks for your reply KingJohnC.
i have 3 branches per node since day 1 on this plant. that's unusual...yes...but in a good way i hope?

temperature is fine now. i just turned off the heater in this room. (don't know what you mean by moving ballast outside?)
however i see (what i think is..) nutrient burn on 2 leaves on different plants - but very moderate. (picture 5 and last one)
will reduce a little...
all others are looking great.

i hope you enjoy the new pics.

IMG_32582.JPG
IMG_32591.JPG
IMG_32603.JPG
IMG_32634.JPG
IMG_32643.JPG
IMG_32651.JPG
IMG_32675.JPG
IMG_32723.JPG
IMG_32745.JPG