Doc Bud's High Brix - LED Indulgence

Yep....I'm going to use two P1200's and see what happens.

Before I do, I'd like to say something regarding my philosophy on doing these "demo" grows.

This is NOT a competition between lights or manufacturers! As with my other reviews, I go into this with one goal only and that is to grow the very best cannabis I can possibly grow. Whether using Platinum, Dorm Grow or good old fashioned HPS it's all the same: I'm going to try to improve over my last grow, regardless of lighting.

The highest "endorsement" I can give any product is a "full endorsement," which means that I use the product without hesitation. I don't "fully" endorse one product over the other! This is in no way a comparison!

My DormGrow G8-600 grow resulted in me FULLY ENDORSING those lights. I still do, and nothing will change that. The pictures of what those lights did say more than any words can say. I grew PERFECT plants with the G8-600's.

Now, I'm testing two vastly different lights, in that they have more wattage....double the wattage....of the G8's. Please do not ask me which one I think is better, because the G8 has my FULL ENDORSEMENT. The best the Platinum lights will do is gain my FULL ENDORSEMENT.

I hope that's clear!

So, we'll be watching some Grape Ape's, a Purple Cadillac or two and an Afghan under these lights in the next few months, and hopefully people will get an idea of what can happen.

Commercially minded growers is my target audience. These lights are really powerful and with some luck I should be able to compete with 1000 Watt HPS yields....with less energy consumption.

About the grow:

7 gallon pots with saucers
Doc Bud's High Brix Blend soil
Feeding schedule by the "book" (instructions in my signature)

I'll be putting up pics real soon!

Sweet
I am in

..and here.. we.. go.

We are BEYOND honored to have a place of honor in Doc's magical grow room and cannot thank him or the entire 420Magazine community for this opportunity. We're absolutely humbled and can't express our gratitude to him or any of you enough. We're honored to be a part of this family and be a continued force for education, enlightenment and community building. Thank you, thank you, thank you..

I/we would also like to say that Doc and I spoke at length about this journal as you can see and mutually agreed that this journal would in no way be any source (at least on our part) of flaming, warring, battling or any other type of animosity between the LED brands. We're all here for one reason and one reason only: To make some seriously beautiful flowers and let them do the talking. Let's let this journal be a beautiful resource of knowledge along with some serious eye candy!

The proof shall continue to be in that big, giant, green, sweet smelling bowl of Platinum pudding..

With that said, we'll give a good *SMASH* of the champagne bottle across the bow and let this ship sail!

:high-five: :high-five: :high-five: :high-five:

Now, about these twin fire breathing P1200s that we'll be seeing in action..

The P1200 is not only our biggest, baddest light that we carry.. but quite possibly the most powerful LED grow light on the market today. Through astronomical PAR values with only 758w of power consumed along with an ultra complete 11-band spectrum, this light easily gives the growing power of 1200w-1400w of HPS. It's not only the intensity that gives this light it's incredible power, but the incredible spectral output as well. Quality plus quantity.

Also, thanks to a nice 36" x 19" panel dimension, we're able to hit an easy 5.5'-6' x 3.5'-4' footprint. These things cover some serious ground in the brightest, most powerful way possible.

This light is an absolute commercially producing BEAST and we regularly install these in very large, 12-20+ light grows. When you add up the astronomical amount of energy saved and 1000w HPS units replaced, it's a no-brainer. This is the LED panel you use for your commercial applications.

However.. as you can see.. it's also suited just fine for smaller, personal grows. The ease of the single panel in a 4 x 6 area or using multiple panels in a 4 x 8, 6 x 8, etc.

P1200 detail page: P1200 – Platinum LED

Complete PlatinumLED PAR table:

PAR1.JPG

1200W---400x3W-whiteCROP.jpg

Absolutely stoked to be following this from page one!!! Good luck Doc. Totally f'n subbed!!! I am jealous. This is gonna kick some major A$$! Assuming you are very familiar with these strains Doc. Have you grown these strains in your kit before?:goodluck: :drool:

This is gonna be great I can't wait to see what you do with this run under those lights. I can't wait to get mine going after I move 2015 is gonna be a good year

Absolutely stoked to be following this from page one!!! Good luck Doc. Totally f'n subbed!!! I am jealous. This is gonna kick some major A$$! Assuming you are very familiar with these strains Doc. Have you grown these strains in your kit before?:goodluck: :drool:

I've grown the Grape Ape and Purple Cadillac twice before now, so I'm familiar. The little Afghan is new, but it's cute and it promised me it would stay short and sticky.

Pics in a few minutes......

Back
Top Bottom