AfricanGrower's 2nd Hydro Journal - Perpetual - Multi-Strain - 2014

AfricanGrower

Hello 420, I'm back and ready to take this to the next level. The plan is to make my grow experience as efficient as possible given the space I have. As most know, I utilise grow tents...simple, portable, and somewhat sturdy. But as soon as I can find a permanent location, plans for a free standing grow room will commence. I am currently in the middle of relocating, so I will make this a brief introduction just to get a jist of what's to come in the next coming weeks.

Brief Overview

This time around I will be attempting a perpetual grow with a maximum of 9 harvest cycles coinciding with my leasing arrangements.

- I will be using 4 initials strains and will be diluting those down to two, maybe three strong strains that work well together.

- I am planning on 4-6 week veg periods with an 8 week flower period. To note, I have given an extra two week leeway for the first two cycles in order to compensate for the lack of strain symbiosis in the flowering room.

-I will be using the Capn style grow method in both vegetative and flowering growth. I plan on using both top feed and flood tables in the flower room; as well a SOG and ScrOG setup dividing the tent in half.

- Speaking of the tent, the new flowering tent, holding 16 sq feet of space will be split into half, with each section being harvested in alternating months. I will be adding an another 400w HPS system into this tent, with goals to harvest at least 10 oz per section.

- The old 8 sq ft tent has been converted into a 3 stage veg room: Seedling/Clones, teen plants, and mature plants. There will be 240w of T5 lighting for the older plants with supplementary CFL's for seedlings and clones.

I anticipate that I will have both tents up and ready for the start of this journal in the next two weeks. Please bear with me as I'm just as excited about this run more than a baby in a candy store ;)

Here is a group shot of the the 4 strains (DF OG Kush; RQ Royal Medic; RQ Power Flower; BS Cherry Bomb) I am starting with to give this page some life!

All germinated and planted on 15/06/2014 with a little over 3 weeks of growth. See if you can guess which strain is which!

20140708_012753.jpg

In the meantime I will be hard at work moving into this new place, once again I appreciate all of your patients.

AG :peace:

Definitely subbed and eager to learn. Some reading suggests that the Royal Medic should finish with nearly equal CBD/THC ratios. Do you know if there are any testing facilities in the general vicinity? It would be awesome to have a strain that produces healthy amounts of CBD to keep on hand.

Thank you all for the support, it is well appreciated.

>>>Definitely subbed and eager to learn. Some reading suggests that the Royal Medic should finish with nearly equal CBD/THC ratios. Do you know if there are any testing facilities in the general vicinity? It would be awesome to have a strain that produces healthy amounts of CBD to keep on hand.

I have been reading up on all of these strains for the past few months. I have come to your same conclusion that the RM will potentially be the most potent, BUT it also seems to take the longest to ripen. I would love to keep this strain, but I have high doubts it will work well with these other fast growing strains such as the OG & the Power. I know we have a Gas/Liquid Chromatography lab in my area, but as I mentioned some time ago, my connections to the lab engineer have dissipated. I'm hoping since the new legislature has passed in my state that more cannabis-friiedly testing centers might pop up.

>>>Top left= OG KUSH

Shaft, you got the first one right, but what else are you smoking on :laughtwo:

(Shaft, you got the first one right, but what else are you smoking on) Haha, That's the problem AG, I ain't smoking' on nothin' or else I would have got them all correct! Lol, it's summer again and I know I should have waited a month longer, but I couldn't resist. I got three going right now; 1 in 5 gal hempy bucket and two in ten gals of dirt. I can't run the ac all day, so they will just have to deal with it for a month until the temps go down a bit. At 9:00 it was already 90 and should hit 100 or more again today.

I got my grow room built, but I didn't use the whole room as my wife suggested. 10 x 37 x 88 so it is pretty good sized. I got some of my shitty pics in my gallery, but need to add some better pics.

Good to see you back growing again and I will be following along. Good luck!

>>>I'm just as excited about this run more than a baby in a candy store

Me too, AG. Don't think I won't be lurking in this journal! I like the way you do things. You have a knack for "doing more with less". This grow will get a lot of attention here too. I'm excited for you. I hope you get at least one kick ass pheno from those 4 you have started.

Funny thing... on your little flood tray you made.... I had made one EXACTLY like that. The same clear tote, the same flood and drain fittings too. Works well, yeah?

Anyway I'm looking forward to see how you get on with the tents. I'm assuming you'll be using cool tubes in the tents? I'm looking forward to seeing how you ventilate them too.

B.Real, Light, Dusty, & Ion...Thanks for stopping by, I can't wait to get this shindig rolling!

(Shaft, you got the first one right, but what else are you smoking on) Haha, That's the problem AG, I ain't smoking' on nothin' or else I would have got them all correct! Lol, it's summer again and I know I should have waited a month longer, but I couldn't resist. I got three going right now; 1 in 5 gal hempy bucket and two in ten gals of dirt. I can't run the ac all day, so they will just have to deal with it for a month until the temps go down a bit. At 9:00 it was already 90 and should hit 100 or more again today.

I got my grow room built, but I didn't use the whole room as my wife suggested. 10 x 37 x 88 so it is pretty good sized. I got some of my shitty pics in my gallery, but need to add some better pics.

Good to see you back growing again and I will be following along. Good luck!

I see you have a dual LED setup in your flowering room buddy! That should help your temps out quite a bit. I know I have been facing 90 degree weather out her as well. What temps does your grow room level out at on its hottest days? I might be looking into ordering an AC unit in the next couple of weeks to prepare for 800 watts I will be running this round of HPS.

Now that it's been mentioned, I have been on a hunt for a 1,500 or less BTU portable unit. Anyone with a step in the right direction is more than welcomed to share.

TheCapn said:
Me too, AG. Don't think I won't be lurking in this journal! I like the way you do things. You have a knack for "doing more with less". This grow will get a lot of attention here too. I'm excited for you. I hope you get at least one kick ass pheno from those 4 you have started.

Funny thing... on your little flood tray you made.... I had made one EXACTLY like that. The same clear tote, the same flood and drain fittings too. Works well, yeah?

Anyway I'm looking forward to see how you get on with the tents. I'm assuming you'll be using cool tubes in the tents? I'm looking forward to seeing how you ventilate them too.

I'm loving the make shift flood table bro. I've been finding so many useful containers lying around the house that have been converted into sump tanks and nutrient holders. And it's just about that season where construction sites in my area start popping up...I'll have a lot of 'walking by' to do :rofl:

>>>I'm assuming you'll be using cool tubes in the tents? I'm looking forward to seeing how you ventilate them too.

There will be x2 400w Apollo HPS bulbs, each with a cooltube and 6 inch ducting. I have upgraded to a 400CFM inline.

hey man nice setup i am 100% new to growing, but i have been lurking on Thecapn's, yours and s1ingblade for awhile.. and every time i do i get keen haha. i am setting up a ebb and flow bucket system sometime soon and will make a journal hopefully.

>>>> I see you have a dual LED setup in your flowering room buddy! That should help your temps out quite a bit. I know I have been facing 90 degree weather out her as well. What temps does your grow room level out at on its hottest days? I might be looking into ordering an AC unit in the next couple of weeks to prepare for 800 watts I will be running this round of HPS.

I have 3 led lights in there. Been over 100 for the past week. This past Sunday was 104! If ambient temp is below 90,I can keep the door closed with fan running ( just added 1 more Sunday) and humidifier running and it will be about 86 inside. On really hot days (100 or more) I have to keep the door open and it will be 90 inside.

One day I left the door closed on a hot day and inside temp was 95. 1 plant wasn't doing so well, so I yanked yesterday. Now I have just the two running and temps are about 85. With that TOP LED big ass reflector off light off, temps stay between 80 to 85. Not impressed with that light (192x3), But I will give it another shot to prove if any good later.

>>>I have 3 led lights in there. Been over 100 for the past week. This past Sunday was 104! If ambient temp is below 90,I can keep the door closed with fan running ( just added 1 more Sunday) and humidifier running and it will be about 86 inside. On really hot days (100 or more) I have to keep the door open and it will be 90 inside.

I get temps around 90-95 for the past couple of weeks. My tent rarely goes over 85 degrees but I still feel I need an AC unit for those random heatwaves in my area. I've been looking at small 1,500 BTU units for 100-300$...not bad, but I still feel like I can get a better deal used or donated.

Do you use a hot water humidifier?

Mini Update

I am still in mid-transition with my move so unfortunately there will still be a week before I post the INTRO to this journal. Although, here are some pics of the 4 strains 10 days later. It has bee 7 days since they have been TOPPED; and 3 days since the RM has been TOPPED.

Here is the Power Flower

20140717_182047.jpg

The Cherry Bomb

20140717_182105.jpg

The OG Kush

20140717_182128.jpg

The Royal Medic

20140717_182150.jpg

And a group shot

20140717_182033.jpg

AG :peace:

Back