12 Plant Scrog

Day 19 and things are really getting insane! What a difference two changes made. First change is I went to 18 gallon totes vs 6 gallon buckets. I was advised to use 30 gallon totes but didn't think I'd have enough room under screen for maintenance. So hopefully 18 is big enough. I believe the small containers contributed to constant deficiencies. The other BIG issue IMHO was switching to bud nutes too soon. The nutes company says to start using pk booster one week before flip. I've done some research and don't believe the plant needs high pk for at least 10 days after flip. So I kept hitting them with veg nutes and high N for the first ten days of flip. It just makes sense if they aren't really flowering but rather stretching they would need nitro not pk. Anyways I may be wrong but it's working like a dream for me.

Now they are getting 1500 ppm of nutes and 1700 ppm co2. Temps are in the low 80s although we had a heat wave that put them around 90 for a few days. Night time temps in high 60s. Day rh 45-50 night 60. Probably not ideal but its what I got. Anyways enough blah blah blah here's the pics!

22174.jpg

23153.jpg

24140.jpg

Nice. I love DIY. I usually spend 3 times more for the project that I've finished myself with lots of left over parts than if I just bought it or hired it out, but I enjoy the experience. Good luck and have fun. Remember, it's a hobby.
:party:

Actually it's a job for me. Albeit a job I love!

I want to do a belly splash in them girls!! Looking great my man.
:bravo:
I imagine with nutes its just like other stuff like laundry soap. Their "portion size" or frequency of use, depends on how soon they want you to run out. :)

28129.jpg

So here is an example of hoe the roots explode! This is my friends grow and he used clear totes. I know its bad but he knows more than me. Lol. So he went from 6 gallon pots to 18 gallon totes and put the under 1000hps and one week later this is what they look like.

I have two window units and they are not doing great. They are both 12k btus and barely keep up. I run the lights at night so that helps but I may have to go to a 25k.

As for branches I only super crop. I start when they are very young and super crop right up to two weeks into flower. I know some people use lst and it works but honestly I just don't have the time or space. So for me super cropping works well.

Thanks for the visit!

I was wondering why you chose to super drop over lst
Super cropping causes stress delaying growth 3-4 days

Not sure i agree with the delay part of that. You could be right but for my schedule and setup I don't notice a delay. I take cuttings two weeks after I flip to 12-12. This gives me two weeks to root and 5 weeks to veg. Plants are perfect size by then. As for delaying growth that's not what I see. When I super crop within 3 days all lower shoots are as tall as original one. Again you may be right as I have never lst to compare. The other issue is time and space. It gets very dense in my veg room so short of adding more light I wouldn't really have the room to lay them out. Thanks for the reply!

As a credit to :420: I flipped through this journal maybe a week... Week and 1/2 ago & all i could think was "this guy is so deep with it im wasting my time here". I didn't understand anything except the pictures. Now i come back tonight & i actually grasp your concepts. I understand what & why you use certain techniques & not others as I thoroughly read from start to now. That's the funny thing about learning, sometimes you don't even realize its happening. Totally subbed + reps

29129.jpg

Girls in waiting! A little hungry today so a good thorough feeding. In the past I've transplanted to 6 gallon buckets then to totes but i think this time ill leave them in the 3 then straight to totes. Looking like anotger week or two before they go in flower room.

Good eye spimp! 10 white widows and two mystery girls. They are two of the following four; northern lights, ppp, super skunk, master kush. I was given those four seeds and spilled two and didn't mark them! Sometimes the small details elude me lol!

3090.jpg

so I did a little cleaning under the screen. A couple things I found helpful are to defoliate enough that all bud sites are exposed. Also I don't like to have the canopy of leaves too dense it seems to restrict air flow and some of the leaves get wilty like from over watering. So I like to see light through the canopy evenly. Seems to help with bud development too.

Back
Top Bottom