1st Ever Grow, LED, White Widow Auto

A 600 watt is more efficient than a 900 or above wattage because of the heat. When you have outstanding air circulation, a 1000 watt woul be nice to have so you can put the 1000 watt light closer to the plants than you would normally. With the dpace you have, a 600 watt would be the maximum I would go for

My little first plants!

So, I was considering trimming off the large fan leaves that are blocking the lower sites. I dont want to shock it anymore at this stage, what are your thoughts on this technique? Shouldnt cause too much stress, right? Just folding the larger leaves and taking a bread twist tie to hold it like this:
20170217_174318.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2115730598.jpg
ps. If you want to get more light to the bottom you can "trim" the leaves. No need the chop them right off. Just manicure the ends.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I should have followed my gut on the first buy and got a 900 or 1200, but noooo, here I am... lol
Right...lol

Sent from my SGH-I257M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I.do something similar called ponytailing it is when you use plant ties to put upper leaves bunched together to allow lateral branches to be exposed

I prefer to tuck them big fan leaves, they hold tonnes of nutrients the plant needs, not just the photosynthesis. Being autos they could do with as much stress reduction as possible. From a personal perspective where I have trialled cutting fan leaves off on my current grow, the plant which had 3 fan leaves chopped off has been stunted for around 3 days now. Maybe I got unlucky, maybe this is natural - That's my own experience of clipping them fan leaves off.

Back
Top Bottom