1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

So I'll tell you one thing if it's genetics are even 2/3 of the original DP (DP must have majority of cross) it's will be triply as fuck. You get this ground loving taste followed by a molasses or licorice sensation that can actually tingle your taste buds. Smoke is smooth and dense! The high is hard hitting energy rush. You lucky man but watch out for the cross, DP is a sativa landrace and any form of cross genetics will show instant. Tip that I would give growing African strain....grow in soil ( I have little experience on Hydro) keep your PH at 6.5 during flower and make sure your baby DP has humidity and with higher temps if growing indoors. Note just watch out for mold and root rot some probiotics takes care of that shit quickly thou.
I'm watching this grow full on.

Have a look at my first hydro grow maybe you have some tips for me? It's winter here and harvested already a month back on all my soil grows but I really wanna get into this DWC scene.

Schumi

Well I am growing in organic soil, no nutes added during the grow. I don't have any experience (yet) in hydro either. I have heard that the Durban is kind of a trippy high which is something I think I will like as opposed to the couch-lock that indica's tend to give me. I want some energy, a little pain relief and some head trip. Hopefully this will be a good strain. Again, i have nothing to compare it to....so what I might think ends up being good might be garbage to someone that smoked the real shit.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Sounds like there is a lot of knowledge about this strain. And a lot of love indeed :love:

Can you maybe add a signature where we can find a link to your Journal?

Yes, thanks Croc, I was going to ask for his link to his grow as well. I will be happy to subscribe and watch you do your think Schumi.

Day 65 Update

Here are pics of the tent and the kids under the new Black Diamond Dwarf Sun. I decided to swap out the Mars and Dwarf Sun due to the distance required for the Dwarf Sun. It recommends 24 inches clearance above the plant top and that was just not doable with the small tent. Its definitely got a different color spectrum, a lot less red showing (which I like as I can see a more accurate representation of what the plants actually look like.

Due to the heat wave that hit early here, I had to get an AC unit mounted yesterday or I was going to risk stressing them due to the heat. Now that I have the AC mounted and running, the temps are back where I need them. Have the AC temp set at 75 and the tent temps are holding steady at 77-78 which is right where I want them.

The plants have definitely bounced back quickly in 2 days since their defoliation.

Day 65 Tent update
051817_Tent_1.jpg

051817_Tent_3.jpg

Dwarf Sun Canopy
051817_Dwarf_Sun.jpg

Viparspectra Canopy
051817_Viparspectra.jpg

Day 66 update

Well today is the day. I let the girls sleep in about 2 hours longer and I will put them wild bitches to bed about 4 hours earlier. Time for them to stop their foolishness and grow up into respectable women. Today will also be my first attempt at cloning. I will take two clones off of Blue Kush, the ATF ladies, and the Durban Poison. I will also take several off of my ATF#4 in and attempt to make him shorter as well as to preserve his genetics. He has grow a bit too tall for my shorter breeding tent. Plus I want to keep him for a while.

Gotta admit, I am pretty excited for the switch to 12/12 today. I am interested to see the plants stretch!

Grow Tent update - Temps with the Mars LED in the grow tent seems to be in the 78-81 range, so I am good with that.

That's unfortunate about the ps ds having to come out but your ladies are looking mighty full-figured and ready to blossom! Should be quite the wonderful experience dwarf star or no dwarf star lol

Oh the dwarf star is being used on the ones going into flower. Originally I was going to let the two LEDs I started with, complete the full grow....but the Dwarf Star won't work in the short tent due to the recommended distance needed with that light. So simple solution, swap the Mars with Dwarf Star. The Mars works fine in the shorter tent and all I will be doing with it is breeding or vegging. So the Mars is sitting over the ATF #4 male that I have in there. Gonna run my clones under a small T5 until I get root growth and get them used to the transplanted soil once they get to that point. I am not in a hurry with them, thats for sure!!

You are better off just letting the DS flower em out. At least IMO, probably many others' as well lol, the mars is a great light too, for the price point, and you can let the ladies get a little closer, much less intensity with the mars leds. We used to start all our plants off under the mars 300 and once they get past the seedling stage they are ready for the MINI and the other leds we have which will remain unnamed for certain reasons. Though we ran the Gold Leaf from seed to buds under the MiNI with excellent results.

You are better off just letting the DS flower em out. At least IMO, probably many others' as well lol, the mars is a great light too, for the price point, and you can let the ladies get a little closer, much less intensity with the mars leds. We used to start all our plants off under the mars 300 and once they get past the seedling stage they are ready for the MINI and the other leds we have which will remain unnamed for certain reasons. Though we ran the Gold Leaf from seed to buds under the MiNI with excellent results.

I certainly agree with you there brother! I am positive I will get better results as well. How long have you been growing Growchy?

Hay bro loving your grow journal. Just a quick one WHERE ON EARTH Did you buy original Durban poison seeds from? I'm from Durban South Africa and as far as my knowledge the landrace passed years ago and the strain almost disappeared after the forced band on Cannabis in SA in 1928. The last time I came across a true Durban poison was in 2009 in Swaziland grown by a old Bali but it had some old Hindi kush cross I think. Regardless if it's original DP as we call it where did you get it from? You will be a hero if you can lead me in the right direction. Shot bud Schumi
Saaallluuuttttt ma se kind!!!! Aawwweeeee my bru!! LoL I am from Cape Town :passitleft:

I certainly agree with you there brother! I am positive I will get better results as well. How long have you been growing Growchy?

Well, I, mr Growchy, grew a soil plant in my back garden when I was 13. Was only a 2 footer but got me really high. Had another grow in same place years later but neighbors killed it all. Grew one hydro plant in an armoire about ten years ago. Not the greatest outcome as I took it over for someone else. So I dabbled before I came to 420 mag but I wouldn't say I've been growing long. The wife had a successful harvest a few years back three massive outdoor monsters. She knows more about growing in soil and I'm the mad scientist hydro guy lol.

Flower Day 2 Update

Not much going on today. I took 6 clones yesterday (2 from Durban Poison, 2 from Blue Kush, and 2 from ATF #2). I have them in a humidity dome under a small 4 bulb T5 and partially on a heating mat.

I have ATF #4 continuing to veg in the new small grow tent. I will keep him in there while the clones mature and then I hope to breed them with ATF #4. Small grow tent is staying in the high 70s.

Big grow tent is starting day 2 of Flower stage. Will need to water the girls today. They are drinking faster as they get bigger! Temps in the big tent have dropped a little as the weather has cooled down, temps sitting around 75-76 this morning. RH has dropped with the cooler weather moving through as well, 35-40%.

Small Grow Tent with ATF #4
052017_Small_Tent_2.jpg

052017_Small_Tent_1.jpg

Clones doing their thing
052017_Clones.jpg

Big Grow Tent in Day 2 of 12/12
052017_Tent_1.jpg

052017_Tent_2.jpg

052017_Tent_3.jpg

Atta boy . looks great! We're going to try our hand at cloning we built a sweet Dewey mister bucket cloner so we want to start cloning too. Do you use clonex or some other type of rooting hormones when you clone? And do you clone in water or soil/jiffy?

Van, girls are looking good on day 2, probably not too much happening yet but just wait! In about 2 weeks these girls will look completely different... in the best way!

:passitleft:

Atta boy . looks great! We're going to try our hand at cloning we built a sweet Dewey mister bucket cloner so we want to start cloning too. Do you use clonex or some other type of rooting hormones when you clone? And do you clone in water or soil/jiffy?

I dip them into Clonex gel. I thought about getting a cloning thing off amazon but I figured I would give a humidity dome a shot since I was only doing 6 clones. From there I put them into rockwool squares.

Van, girls are looking good on day 2, probably not too much happening yet but just wait! In about 2 weeks these girls will look completely different... in the best way!

:passitleft:

No, not much happening here yet. I gotta water them....but didn't get around to it today, so I will be doing that first thing tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to see them start to transition!

Hey man your grow is incredible just catching up I likey

Thanks Johnny, they are doing good. I hope they continue with no hiccups!!

If you're using Dewey misters just suspend the bottom of the stalk below the lid.

If you're using Dewey misters just suspend the bottom of the stalk below the lid.

Not doing anything other than a humidity dome on this batch. Curious of the success rate. I might upgrade in the cloning department in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom