1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

He said he loves them. Very easy to use. I'm also waiting for your pic update! they probably look beautiful! When did u start using your co2?

NG1

Supposed to start CO2 from beginning, but I got a late start with my vegging "issues" the first couple of weeks, so looking back at my paper calendar, it looks like I started the CO2 about Week 4. It's averaging about a tank a week.

Can't wait for pics either man.

Thanks!

i'll be eagerly awaiting your picture update. :ganjamon:

Thanks LGM. I also would like to get these up for you!

Heading home soon to put new CO2 cylinder in-line..I'll see if I can snap some tonight.

SF

Hey NG1.

Gotta run to pick up truck from repair shop. But here's a little on the CO2.
If sufficient CO2 is used and the proper level of nutrients and light is available, a 35% increase in growth rate is possible. Each application is different, so there is some work involved in finding the optimum set-up.

Here's a thread, can't remember if you've seen this.
Want to learn how co2

Tanks are a real pain, having to change them up and get them refilled every week. The generator appears to be the way to go, from a $$ standpoint as well.

I'll be back in a bit man.
SF

Can you tell me what are the ups and downs of using Co2? Or maybe refer me to an article that you read when you were deciding to use Co2? I have a brand new 25lb tank that is just sitting there with a regulator.

hope you don't mind my stinky friend,

Sup Newb.

Water from the roots, CO2 in the air, and light combine together in the leaves to create the energy that drives the plant and puts out O2 as a byproduct. carbon dioxide + water + light energy → carbohydrate + oxygen. . . How fast does your plant do this?

Whenever you are growing something, it's growth rate is only as fast as what ever the greatest limiting factor is, or the weakest link in the chain so to speak.

For example, a plant can use up to x=1, y=1, and z=1, where x,y, and z are factors like amount of light, amount of nutes, maximum genetic metabolic rate, amount of CO2 in the air, etc. etc. all of the million factors.

so if you have x=.3, y=.4 and z=1 your plant is only going to grow at .3 of its maximum genetic metabolic rate, which is the true overall limiting factor.

ambient CO2 in the atmosphere is well below what it was in the past, and subsequently plants can grow a lot faster with enhanced CO2. So you can think of it like CO2 in the air is at x=.3 and by kicking it up to 1500 ppm you are kicking it up to x=1

now the beauty of this analogy is that it leads to another obvious conclusion.

pumping x up to x=1 is gonna do you no good if A, B, C, y or z = .6 or .7

so if you have a ton of light, and nail your nutrient levels, and max everything out, you are losing a lot of growth speed by not using co2. on th other hand there is no reason to pump up co2 if you only have a <400w HPS.

bottom line is you can use it to shave time off of your grow. . . there is conflicting evidence as to whether or not it can increase size and weight.

hope that makes sense. :roorrip:

hope you don't mind my stinky friend,

Sup Newb.

Water from the roots, CO2 in the air, and light combine together in the leaves to create the energy that drives the plant and puts out O2 as a byproduct. carbon dioxide + water + light energy → carbohydrate + oxygen. . . How fast does your plant do this?

Whenever you are growing something, it's growth rate is only as fast as what ever the greatest limiting factor is, or the weakest link in the chain so to speak.

For example, a plant can use up to x=1, y=1, and z=1, where x,y, and z are factors like amount of light, amount of nutes, maximum genetic metabolic rate, amount of CO2 in the air, etc. etc. all of the million factors.

so if you have x=.3, y=.4 and z=1 your plant is only going to grow at .3 of its maximum genetic metabolic rate, which is the true overall limiting factor.

ambient CO2 in the atmosphere is well below what it was in the past, and subsequently plants can grow a lot faster with enhanced CO2. So you can think of it like CO2 in the air is at x=.3 and by kicking it up to 1500 ppm you are kicking it up to x=1

now the beauty of this analogy is that it leads to another obvious conclusion.

pumping x up to x=1 is gonna do you no good if A, B, C, y or z = .6 or .7

so if you have a ton of light, and nail your nutrient levels, and max everything out, you are losing a lot of growth speed by not using co2. on th other hand there is no reason to pump up co2 if you only have a <400w HPS.

bottom line is you can use it to shave time off of your grow. . . there is conflicting evidence as to whether or not it can increase size and weight.

hope that makes sense. :roorrip:

what he said....I use gas ......NG ....no tanks

I can't believe you're leaving the "club".

:bitingnails:

SF

I did it..learned it on a rudimentary level and am now just ready to change.
Im not leaving...taking a sabatical

I did it..learned it on a rudimentary level and am now just ready to change.
Im not leaving...taking a sabatical

I sincerely hope so, I just about finished our new Avatar/Mascot!!!

BH.jpg

SF

Update 4/11/10

Hey Y'all.

So I got sucked in last night before I started to post the pics. Weeds Season 5. Was just going to watch one episode, and then it turned into another, and another. I got through five episodes, just when he tells Nancy they can't get married. (Hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone). Also, bump to 420 Magazine, I saw someone in the MMJ store and you could definitely identify the 420 Mag logo on the dudes shirt!!!

As for the grow, I've noticed that now I've switched over to the "expert" program with General Hydro, and have been adding a couple of their different products, that the PH swings way UP after like two or three days. Also, I'm not digging the amount of residue that remains in the barrel after draining. The plants look vibrant and healthy, and the buds on the White Widow seem to be increasing in size every day. So time will tell if we stick with the expert feeding program, as opposed to dropping back to the "normal" feeding routine.

For those just joining, these are the remaining Six plants after four male White Widow were pulled. Four Afghan Kush, One White Widow, and One Bag Seed Clone that I threw down from my last grow to keep alive.

Anyway, on to the Pics. These were taken yesterday, so still at Day 42 Flower, 6 Weeks.

Overview Shots

MJ_1191_1.jpg

MJ_1196_1.jpg

MJ_1218_1.jpg

MJ_1215_1.jpg

MJ_1213_1.jpg

MJ_1212_1.jpg

Shots
MJ_1217_1.jpg

MJ_1211_1.jpg

MJ_1207_1.jpg

MJ_1204_1.jpg

MJ_1193_1.jpg

MJ_1195_1.jpg

MJ_1209_1.jpg

MJ_1206_1.jpg

MJ_1219_1.jpg

MJ_1220_1.jpg

Got some pics of the LowRyders, two of four looking really good. Post those tomorrow!

Have a great night!
SF

how strong is the odor? does it smell anything like the finished product? think i might have been doing something wrong with my grow? stuff smells organicky, if that is a word?

good looking SF, man its a jungle in there! sorry bout the males. . . thats why we go from clone usually my friend.

lmao at the "avatar". Captain Bucket Head.

Back
Top Bottom