1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

sweet..almost there

Really appreciate the help bro!!!

Loved the pictures SF However I like the one of you waving those Stink Fingers around. :rofl::rofl:

We could definitely "hang" OMM. Thanks for being here man!!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

good looking SF, man its a jungle in there! sorry bout the males. . . thats why we go from clone usually my friend.

lmao at the "avatar". Captain Bucket Head.

Glad you guys get the humor. Everyone is sooo business like here. :rofl:

I have to keep reminding myself, that I've never done this before, 2nd grow, still had seeds to go through, but I'm working out the cloning method so I won't have the likelihood of dealing with males in the future. When I purchased my first batch of seeds, I didn't know the difference between Fem seeds and Regular, just saw the cheaper price tag. Doh! Live & Learn!

Thanks guys for helping me through!
SF

RFO! Those be some sweet shots. Not long now. It must make forgetting your early troubles easier.

Well done bro, you'll be cutting it close to having your own for 4:20 :roorrip:

Thanks NEF.

Still working on my "batch" from my hermie grow. Actually having my own stash has made this time go by pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to having a little variety of inventory, so that's the drive right now.

I'm excited for you though man! Nothing like a first grow with your own respectable crop! Wish I could send you a camera man! :cheesygrinsmiley:

SF

how strong is the odor? does it smell anything like the finished product? think i might have been doing something wrong with my grow? stuff smells organicky, if that is a word?

Hey BM.

With the CanFan running, it's difficult to smell almost anything. When I turn the odor scrubber off for a bit of time, it does smell green, almost like a greenhouse. With the CO2 being injected into the room, it has a slightly different smell that would be hard to describe. The room probably has more of a "hydro" smell if there is such a thing. And from the many posts I've read when first chopped some of the product almost smells a little like hay, on the farm. But I learned that the smell quickly changes after drying and then a nice cure in jars.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong Pal, normal course of progression and you'll be pleased with the final outcome.

Stay strong!
SF

LowRyder Update

These were taken on Thursday, so 21 Days (Week 3). I should be monitoring these more closely, I see a little curling leaves and some spots on the older growth. Don't know what PH or PPM is currently. Call me an MJ abuser.

MJ_1182_1.jpg

MJ_1186_1.jpg

Have a great day!
SF

Thing is its AK47, thought it was a stinky one.I had a filter and co2 running, everything looks beautiful. Except not much stink going on after buds are chopped. Does it just come from nowhere? I've smelled/smoked AK in the past. Lil worried.
php8oBNsqPM.jpg

:nicethread: Thanks for stopping by and checking me out. Your plants look great and I wish I had the DIY skills like what you have going on. :grinjoint:

Hey Alientic.

The only thing I'm great at is "drawing" for the plastic in the wallet.

I'm actually running two grows in different rooms. Both of my Hydro systems are purchased. I believe you are referring to the one on this page, which is a Drip based system. I'm just "playing" around with the drip to test out a LowRyder strain, due to height constraints in that room.

MJ_1163_1.jpg

The "main" room I'm almost done with my 1st grow using a CAP Ebb-N-Grow system. Picture at start here:
MJ_342_1.jpg

I think the page before this one in my journal has the latest shots of the grow.

Hope this helps explain what's going on. I know from experience it's sometimes hard to grasp what's going on when jumping in to a journal in progress.

:welcome: man! Glad you're here!
SF

NG1. Thanks man. Update coming up here.

Question/Concern:
So I noticed, the other day what I thought were female pollen sacs on one of the Afghan Kush. This morning, I think I can confirm that. Question is what are the options here? Do I flush them all to get the one out of there? Then reload the nutes again?

Any advice is appreciated. I knew it wouldn't all be downhill. Darn.

Thanks
SF

Question/Concern:
So I noticed, the other day what I thought were female pollen sacs on one of the Afghan Kush. This morning, I think I can confirm that. Question is what are the options here? Do I flush them all to get the one out of there? Then reload the nutes again?

Thanks
SF

do you mean male pollen sacs? you have three options. just remove that pot from the system and murder your plant. or snip the pollen sacs off the female plant and keep a close eye on her and snip anymore balls if they come. or you can isolate the plant and collect the pollen, fertilze a female plant and be rolling in free seeds. its up to you.

Question/Concern:

Thanks
SF

how far from harvest are you?

Hey McB.

Posted some pics here for you to see, just wanted you to confirm what I've been suspecting.

I pulled the plant from the e-n-g room last night. I pulled a five gallon bucket and loaded it up with water and florakleen and I've been dumping the inner bucket into the five gallon and doing the flush manually. PPM's have been dropping, but I've only done it 2x's so far.

I included a tric shot for to you help confirm my timing to harvest. I'm thinking about a week (+or-) based on the cloudiness?

Finally, I included a couple of bud shots where I've noticed the "parts" appearing. Not too many after doing a closer inspection, but I just didn't want to risk everything after being so far along here.

Thanks for the guidance man, as always!
SF

MJ_1237_1.jpg

MJ_1244_1.jpg

Banana Shots
MJ_1223_1.jpg

MJ_1231_1.jpg

Hi SF

To me she doesn't look ready yet.

You can do 1 of two things.

1 Carefully remove the pouches and let her grow on.

2. Keep her away from the others and I mean away! And let her go and get some females seeds for futures grows.

I just read last night that when a female goes to long, the sacks appear.
Can you check her trichs a different way? ;) She may be ready.

do you mean male pollen sacs? you have three options. just remove that pot from the system and murder your plant. or snip the pollen sacs off the female plant and keep a close eye on her and snip anymore balls if they come. or you can isolate the plant and collect the pollen, fertilze a female plant and be rolling in free seeds. its up to you.

Hi SF

To me she doesn't look ready yet. You can do 1 of two things.
1 Carefully remove the pouches and let her grow on.
2. Keep her away from the others and I mean away! And let her go and get some females seeds for futures grows.

I just read last night that when a female goes to long, the sacks appear.
Can you check her trichs a different way? ;) She may be ready.

Thanks guys. She's been "quarantined" and I've been doing a manual flush. I know she's not quite ready. I don't know what to do about seeds at this point. Might just trim the most "done" top buds and see where it leads.

Thanks for all the pointers and tips. (And who ever said all Little Green Men are bad?)

:cheesygrinsmiley:

SF

Update 4/15/10

Headed home to do both Res changes (oh fun) on the LowRyders and the E-n-G. The LowRyders hit 4 weeks today, so I'm thinking of moving over to the flower formula and let er rip. I'll grab some pictures.

Going to finish up Season 5 of Weeds, two more episodes to go.

If you haven't heard, Jack Herer passed away today. :rip: - Jack Herer

Have a great night!
SF

Back
Top Bottom