2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

I can't imagine stepping outside and smelling grows.......sure ur not in heaven....lol, great job major......:high-five:

Thanks Nate!
I do think I found my little slice of heaven. ;)

Mornin Major...great news bud. Smell the grows....mmmm. A word of caution Major....these next few weeks approaching Oct. is when the weed stealers do their thing....watch out OK! Sounds like they may make a few trips up and down your road in the middle of the night. Want me to come down to run security for ya....i'l keep the bastards outta there for ya!!:blunt:
What plant will be first to chop? We're all pulling for ya pal....ya gotta DOOO IT! Go Major go...go Major go!
Cheers eh and have a great day!:high-five:

Mornin Major...great news bud. Smell the grows....mmmm. A word of caution Major....these next few weeks approaching Oct. is when the weed stealers do their thing....watch out OK! Sounds like they may make a few trips up and down your road in the middle of the night. Want me to come down to run security for ya....i'l keep the bastards outta there for ya!!:blunt:
What plant will be first to chop? We're all pulling for ya pal....ya gotta DOOO IT! Go Major go...go Major go!
Cheers eh and have a great day!:high-five:

My grow would be easy pickin's but with all the other plants around me (literally several hundred), I'm feeling better about my chances of chopping them myself. One of the Pitbulls will be first to come down. I'm holding off on the Cat drench for the Ace of Spades for another week since they are not as far along.

Thanks for all your support and security detail offer. ;)
My wife just ordered some BubbleBags so we can process some of our harvest. I'm going to try a little dry sift, too. It should be fun to compare yield, taste and potency of the two strains and two soils. The plants in Doc's kit are going to yield better and are a little more frosty and smelly. Now it's up to the weather...

I cleaned out my little grow room yesterday to get ready for my next round. I have some cuttings from the current girls and want to find a high CBD and a sativa to round out the selection.

My grow would be easy pickin's but with all the other plants around me (literally several hundred), I'm feeling better about my chances of chopping them myself. One of the Pitbulls will be first to come down. I'm holding off on the Cat drench for the Ace of Spades for another week since they are not as far along.

Thanks for all your support and security detail offer. ;)
My wife just ordered some BubbleBags so we can process some of our harvest. I'm going to try a little dry sift, too. It should be fun to compare yield, taste and potency of the two strains and two soils. The plants in Doc's kit are going to yield better and are a little more frosty and smelly. Now it's up to the weather...

I cleaned out my little grow room yesterday to get ready for my next round. I have some cuttings from the current girls and want to find a high CBD and a sativa to round out the selection.

Great news about your Bubblebag purchase. What brand and how many you getting? 3 bag, 5 bag ,or 8 bag kit? Heavy duty or the newer "light" bags from the bubbleman. If you don't ask me about making it (the right way) i'l be pissed at ya! Just one early tip for it OK!....when you do your trimming ...just take all the fresh trim...bag it up good...then freeze it . You don't have to seperate the fans or sugar leaves...just freeze it all together. Awesome Major...Bubblehash...your gonna really like it my brotha....gotta do it right though...for purity and potency,,NOT quantity. Cheers pal!

Great news about your Bubblebag purchase. What brand and how many you getting? 3 bag, 5 bag ,or 8 bag kit? Heavy duty or the newer "light" bags from the bubbleman. If you don't ask me about making it (the right way) i'l be pissed at ya! Just one early tip for it OK!....when you do your trimming ...just take all the fresh trim...bag it up good...then freeze it . You don't have to seperate the fans or sugar leaves...just freeze it all together. Awesome Major...Bubblehash...your gonna really like it my brotha....gotta do it right though...for purity and potency,,NOT quantity. Cheers pal!

Not sure of the brand. She bought them as a gift for me. She got the 8 bag set since it wasn't much more $$$. I won't use most of them, but they might come in handy for other things, or as replacements if the primary bags we use wear out some day. I reviewed your bubble tutorial yesterday but I'll be asking questions in a month or so. Which size bags do you recommend for a good compromise of efficiency and quality? One of the reasons we decided to make bubble is not needing to dry the harvest. I need to keep things legal so I don't want poundage hanging around. I'll need to process and/or give away a bunch real quick.

Not sure of the brand. She bought them as a gift for me. She got the 8 bag set since it wasn't much more $$$. I won't use most of them, but they might come in handy for other things, or as replacements if the primary bags we use wear out some day. I reviewed your bubble tutorial yesterday but I'll be asking questions in a month or so. Which size bags do you recommend for a good compromise of efficiency and quality? One of the reasons we decided to make bubble is not needing to dry the harvest. I need to keep things legal so I don't want poundage hanging around. I'll need to process and/or give away a bunch real quick.

Ya, if she got you the 8 bag set, just use 5 of em. The 25,73,120,(collection bags) and i believe it's the 160 then the 220 in last. Not 100% sure of the last two...have to check my TUT. The reason for only using 5 instead of 8 is just cuz who needs or wants 5 grades of hash?? when three is plenty. The 25 will catch all of the really small heads, the 73 will grab the nice full melt stuff and the 120 will catch the really big mature ,more indica sized heads. My TUT shows alot but if you have ANY Q's. ask, OK!
You will prolly be using the "hand" mixing method in a five gal. pale. It's how i did it for a couple yrs. before i got a hold of the mini washer (bubblelator) machine. You'le like it , i'm sure of that. The most (maybe not) important factor in making it is to only mix it for a short while. If you do it by hand then use an old broom handle cut off or a pc. of 1" x 3 foot long pc. of wooden dowel. Youle have to get a hold of me for this method. When you get close to doing it, just let me know OK.

Yes sir, and thank you. Will reply, once I have enough post.

Would join you on that trip to PITA's, but afraid we would be stuck there until next year helping him trim those baby's

Yes sir, and thank you. Will reply, once I have enough post.

Would join you on that trip to PITA's, but afraid we would be stuck there until next year helping him trim those baby's

I'm going to have to get my chainsaw back out to chop these things. Then trying to get 7-8 foot branches back up to the house will be interesting. :laughtwo:

I'm going to have to get my chainsaw back out to chop these things. Then trying to get 7-8 foot branches back up to the house will be interesting. :laughtwo:

Forget 5 gal. Buckets for washing buds...

Cut limbs down to fit in the bucket on your tractor.

We always stored garbage cans full of water on our out door GG, used it as needed throughout the grow. When harvesting, we would stuff limbs in the cans, and drive right down Main Street to the house. To think of all the stupid shit we used to do.

You might try cutting each branch about 18" in length, each cut under a node, and use the node to hang on a coat hanger. Then go from top to bottom and use the node of the remaining branches at the main stem to hang the last 18" of each - if that makes sense. Then you can wash your buds per Doc's method as usual. You got time to figure it out :)

You might try cutting each branch about 18" in length, each cut under a node, and use the node to hang on a coat hanger. Then go from top to bottom and use the node of the remaining branches at the main stem to hang the last 18" of each - if that makes sense. Then you can wash your buds per Doc's method as usual. You got time to figure it out :)

You mean breaking the plant down into manageable j-hooks?

Sounds like a bunch of hippie mumbo jumbo!

Lol.........cut it at the base and strap it to the top of your car like the Griswalds.......:rofl:
I better start untangling my string of lights. :rofl:

Forget 5 gal. Buckets for washing buds...

Cut limbs down to fit in the bucket on your tractor.

We always stored garbage cans full of water on our out door GG, used it as needed throughout the grow. When harvesting, we would stuff limbs in the cans, and drive right down Main Street to the house. To think of all the stupid shit we used to do.
Actually, the tractor is a great idea. I have a small set of forks I bolt on the bucket. I can lay the plants across the forks and move them fast, easy, and gently. :thumb:

Good plan! I've got a clean trash can I want to use. It is deeper than a bucket so I can keep the pieces about three feet long. I need to find another for the rinse cycle.

You mean breaking the plant down into manageable j-hooks?

Sounds like a bunch of hippie mumbo jumbo!
That's OK. I used to speak fluent hippie. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace::smokin::hippy::ganjamon:

The Weakly (Week #21 / Bloom Week #4 completed)

:welcome: All in the garden is progressing m/l as expected. Vertical growth appears done. Buds are bulking. The Pitbull is just beginning to get a beautiful pink color to her pistils. Leaves are also getting a little purple in spots. I've not grown these before so I have no idea if it is the nature of the strain or a deficiency. The AoS are losing their fans quicker than I expected, but again, I'm new to this so it could be typical for this strain.

More unusual weather. We had brief but heavy rain last night along with a little hail. The girls all looked a little bedraggled this morning but seem fine now. VERY cool temperatures the last couple of days. We only hit about 70 and lows were near 40. We jump back into more typical weather tomorrow with highs in the 90's next week. With the rain and wind, I had to restrain the AoS plants. They are now in light bondage but they have the "safe word". :cheesygrinsmiley:

Even though it is still technically summer, fall is definitely in the air. The days are warm but short, with crisp mornings and evenings. Daylight is down to about 12-1/2 hours now. Sugar and spice and everything nice is growing day by day. The smell in the garden is amazing.

I hope these buds begin to bulk up soon. Otherwise the harvest won't be anything to brag about. I went ahead and gave both the Pitbull and Ace of Spades their first Cat drench. They each got 15 ml in two gallons of water. This drench was preceded by one gallon of plain water. I usually use two gallons but since we had rain, the soil was already a little moist. I'm looking forward to seeing the results from the Cat drenches.

On to the pictures for the week, in no particular order:

My wall o' green (most of four plants)
All_09-05-15.jpg

Ace of Spades
AoS2_09-05-15.jpg

Ace of Spades' little sister
AoS3_09-05-15.jpg

An AoS bud (probably 1-2 weeks behind the PB)
AoS_Bud_09-05-15.jpg

Pitbull
Pibull1_09-05-15.jpg

Pitbull top
Pibull2_09-05-15.jpg

Pitbull bud
Pitbull_Bud_09-05-15.jpg

See you all around the forum! Until next time, keep it green :420:.

If you are in the US, enjoy the long weekend!

Dude I think you'll be braggin' you might have a longer finish than you think or were expecting but its gonna be great:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom