2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

:thanks: PITA.

Personally, I'd give them cat anytime from here on. You're already getting some nice resin and the cat drench enhances that aspect. It's not too early IMO, but waiting until the weekend won't hurt. I just don't think waiting is necessary now.

:cool:

Nice update Major PITA, and some damn fine trees you are growing. :adore:

:drool: Man do those look healthy!!

Personally, I'd give them cat anytime from here on. You're already getting some nice resin and the cat drench enhances that aspect. It's not too early IMO, but waiting until the weekend won't hurt. I just don't think waiting is necessary now.

:cool:

Thanks!
I'll give 'em another week. If the temps continue like they are supposed to, they will get a drench on Tuesday and again next Saturday. I'll shoot for a "Sat Cat".

The Weakly (Week #19 / Bloom Week #2)

The update for this week is, I'm starting to see a little sugar on the leaves. :yahoo:

Vertical growth appears to be winding down and the original fan leaves are yellowing - FAST. Neither Pitbull grew vertically this week. The AoS girls only added 2" and 4". It looks like they are going to max-out at about 8'. On the other hand, the the bud growth this week has been satisfying. Other than those old shade leaves, the rest of the plants look good 'n' green with early trichome development underway.

I thought I would use the Kit’s Cat Drench on the Pitbulls next time around, but thanks to the guidance of our more experienced 420 growers (duggan, Gray and Smokey) I'm convinced I need to wait at least another week. Much thanks!
:high-five:

Brix has been holding m/l constant. I took today's readings from internal fan leaves in the top third of the plants, but not at the top and not the small soon-to-be sugar leaves. They ranged from 15/16 up to about 19/20. It is worth noting the two plants in my soil were the ones at the lower end and the two plants in the kit pots were the ones with the higher measurements. It is also interesting to me how much difference there is in brix measurements depending on which leaves you use. That and time of day seem to have the biggest impact.

Reading from the AoS in kit soil
Brix_08-22-15.jpg

Hopefully these pictures will help document when “bud set” has arrived, and be useful to new HB growers going forward.
20150822_095003.jpg

Nope - not ready for Cat Drench yet
20150822_1120421.jpg

20150822_112319.jpg

20150822_112106.jpg

20150822_0951101.jpg

20150822_094920-2.jpg

More pictures next week. We'll see if we reach a consensus on whether the time is right to let the Cat out of the bag ... err bottle. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Thank you Major, for myself and for all the souls lurking in the galley who won't step out and expose themselves but appreciate this effort on your part as much as I do. Having these pictures as a reference point for future grows will be invaluable, because looking at these, I personally would have decided it was time.

When this it done we need to gather the pictures and posts up into a central bank, possibly MysterySeeds blog on the Kit. Actually, that's a decent idea Major. You should plan on that.

Reps +

Thank you Major, for myself and for all the souls lurking in the galley who won't step out and expose themselves but appreciate this effort on your part as much as I do. Having these pictures as a reference point for future grows will be invaluable, because looking at these, I personally would have decided it was time.

When this it done we need to gather the pictures and posts up into a central bank, possibly MysterySeeds blog on the Kit. Actually, that's a decent idea Major. You should plan on that.

Reps +

Hi Sue (and thanks for the +)!
I thought the same as you. They looked ready to me, but I'm patient.
I'm hope/think "bud set" is more of a window and not a definite moment. If it is tightly defined, I don't have a snowball's chance of nailing it. Luckily, I think there is a little room for error. I'd rather be a little late than a little early and I've got time. Even if I go wild with three drenches, I can have them done in under two weeks. That puts them into mid-September and leaves me a few weeks to get them back on their GE drench schedule for finishing.

It's like that harvest window Doc talks about. There's a window of opportunity with the CAT. We're just trying to get a better sense of what that looks like.

I love technology. :love:

Hi Sue (and thanks for the +)!
I thought the same as you. They looked ready to me, but I'm patient.
I'm hope/think "bud set" is more of a window and not a definite moment. If it is tightly defined, I don't have a snowball's chance of nailing it. Luckily, I think there is a little room for error. I'd rather be a little late than a little early and I've got time. Even if I go wild with three drenches, I can have them done in under two weeks. That puts them into mid-September and leaves me a few weeks to get them back on their GE drench schedule for finishing.
Morning Gang!... Ya with the CD....there is a window with it...don't worry. A little late ...a little early ,doesn't matter all that much, but a few of us have found out that giving it later than usual lets the buds get a little more size to them , that's all. So instead of week 3 , we give at week 4 .Cheers eh.

This just in from the FWIW (for what it's worth) Department:

This is the day I was originally going to give them their first Cat Drench. Following the advice, and after reviewing the journals of some of my most respected HB growers, I'm glad I decided to wait. Now I'm not sure if this weekend will be far enough out. I may wait a little longer. Maybe not.

Pitbull, supposedly a very quick 6 week strain. Getting a little frostier every day.
20150826_113909.jpg

Ace of Spades, still quick, but a 7 week strain. Definitely behind the PB for bud development.
20150826_114039.jpg

I hope these pic's prove useful for new HB growers also trying to find that Cat window.
I'm still shooting for this weekend - at least for the Pitbull. We'll see how she looks in a few days. More pic's to follow then.
Thanks for all the feedback, my friends. :love:

Next week should be the early side of perfect! :thumb: Since they're quick finishers, that should be about right. :slide:

Next week should be the early side of perfect! :thumb: Since they're quick finishers, that should be about right. :slide:

Thanks Gray!
Do you use something like 1 ounce / 30 ml of CD for each drench with a full kit's worth of soil?

:nomo:

Thanks Gray!
Do you use something like 1 ounce / 30 ml of CD for each drench with a full kit's worth of soil?

I give my plants 3ml each for my 6 gallon pots. The dose for outdoor gardens is one ounce per 30 sqft. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Fast flowering strains, with these ones you could probably give them cat drench now or in a week, and that won't make a big difference. My indicas are still in early flowering, and yours are already around the middle, so in next 3 weeks they're gonna be ready :thumb:

Fast flowering strains, with these ones you could probably give them cat drench now or in a week, and that won't make a big difference. My indicas are still in early flowering, and yours are already around the middle, so in next 3 weeks they're gonna be ready :thumb:

:thanks:
I'll give it to them either Saturday or Wednesday.
These buds are going to have to go crazy real soon, or I'm going to end up with countless smaller buds. Either that or they are going to run way past their 6-7 week schedules. Older fan leaves are dropping fast now.
Funny - the Pitbull leaves come off very easy, often on their own. The Ace of Spades leaves hang on for dear life. The petioles are really tough little buggers.

Thanks for this Major, I'm only a few pages in, but excited to learn as much as I can!:thumb:

Looks great, Major, thanks for sharing your info!!

Back
Top Bottom