2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

But the rest of us would have noticed too, no? Did the site actually lock up? I musta been offline. :straightface:

No, it doesn't lock up. You can continue on the same page but if you try to post, load pics, or go to another page you get whatever message your computer displays when it can't locate a server for a site. When it first happen I thought the techs at work had did something to my computer to keep us from messing around online because it was the first thing in the morning. So I tried to log on with my phone; got the T-mobile version of "Can't locate Server".

Hm, ok, then it must be specific to the username/account - our individual gallery probably. So you have to fool the server into flushing ... :hmmmm:

It worked for me. I used the browser to back up to a previous pre-gallery page and then tried Today's Posts and got the list, so I knew it had refreshed ... then I went directly to Gallery/Upload Photos and then just hit the Upload/Submit button and my photos were there, and I Processed them. The next batch locked up, and I did the same thing and it worked again, etc.

... something about refreshing the user account on the 420 server ... :hmmmm:

[Edit] But your T-Mobile should have done that ... :hmmmm: ... so maybe tonight was different.

When it locked up on me the other night it was , as said....as soon as I hit the "process pics" button. Couldn't access 420 mag. at all. Tried about an hour later and got on but since I got booted I thought i'de have to do the "upload " all over but found out that it did upload anyhow ....waste of time cuz I re-uploaded all 20 pics cuz I thought the upload failed! They were all there anyhow! Cheers Gang!

I've seen it enough to realize exactly what's happening: All the work you do before it shuts down is there. That's the reason why your pics are already in que or even uploaded already sometimes when your back on.

Like I was saying Gray, it can last as short as under a minute so this is why a lot of us think it's just a glitch in the gallery loading. If at the moment or before you hit upload/submit it shuts down you get nothing, if it shuts down during the time they're uploading you get just the ones it finished. If it shuts down after you hit "process" all the ones it processed will be done when you're back on.
That's why everyone is saying I could only load "this or that" amount of pics at a time, the site shut down for a few seconds.

You don't really notice the quick ones if your just reading journals.

I typically upload all photos at once. I don't do a lot, but until this past weekend, I've been able to process 6-8 at one time.

Have any of you tried backing up the browser to a cached page from before you started uploading? I right-clicked Backup and went directly to a previous page and refreshed it, and I was back in business. Anything I tried from the error page kept me locked out, but when I went back to the previously working page and refreshed, it worked.

I don' mean to beat this to death, but my curiosity is piqued - I've never had the long lockout problem like you guys get. I've had Gallery uploads barf up on me, but site has never frozen up and kept me out. :hmmmm: I almost always upload 4+ at a time.

This is what I'm telling you guys, it's the 420 site going down not just a photo gallery glitch. On the brief stops all you have to do is hit whatever button you hit the first time and it does as you command. On the longer ones you have to wait. Are you guys telling me that not one of you's hasn't tried to log on and couldn't at least once lately? You don't have to be in the gallery.

This is what I'm telling you guys, it's the 420 site going down not just a photo gallery glitch. On the brief stops all you have to do is hit whatever button you hit the first time and it does as you command. On the longer ones you have to wait. Are you guys telling me that not one of you's hasn't tried to log on and couldn't at least once lately? You don't have to be in the gallery.

Yes BAR ,it has gone down on me at other random times ,now that you mention it. I think wer'e bringing it up now cuz of the frustration level when you get booted in the middle of a 20+ pic upload...that's all. Thanks BAR! Cheers eh.

For me it was definitely the entire website. I couldn't even bring up 420.com on a different device.
Each time it died on me, it was during some part of a photo upload - never when browsing through the forum...so far.

I've had it happen more than once in the past week - not being able to access the site for an extended period of time - and it had nothing to do with loading pictures in. I figured it was a carrier glitch that eventually straightened out. I don't like those times. :straightface: Not like I don't have anything else to do mind you. :laughtwo:

The Weakly (Week #19 / Bloom Week #2)

The update for this week is, I'm starting to see a little sugar on the leaves. :yahoo:

Vertical growth appears to be winding down and the original fan leaves are yellowing - FAST. Neither Pitbull grew vertically this week. The AoS girls only added 2" and 4". It looks like they are going to max-out at about 8'. On the other hand, the the bud growth this week has been satisfying. Other than those old shade leaves, the rest of the plants look good 'n' green with early trichome development underway.

I thought I would use the Kit's Cat Drench on the Pitbulls next time around, but thanks to the guidance of our more experienced 420 growers (duggan, Gray and Smokey) I'm convinced I need to wait at least another week. Much thanks!
:high-five:

Brix has been holding m/l constant. I took today's readings from internal fan leaves in the top third of the plants, but not at the top and not the small soon-to-be sugar leaves. They ranged from 15/16 up to about 19/20. It is worth noting the two plants in my soil were the ones at the lower end and the two plants in the kit pots were the ones with the higher measurements. It is also interesting to me how much difference there is in brix measurements depending on which leaves you use. That and time of day seem to have the biggest impact.

Reading from the AoS in kit soil
Brix_08-22-15.jpg

Hopefully these pictures will help document when "bud set" has arrived, and be useful to new HB growers going forward.
20150822_095003.jpg

Nope - not ready for Cat Drench yet
20150822_1120421.jpg

20150822_112319.jpg

20150822_112106.jpg

20150822_0951101.jpg

20150822_094920-2.jpg

More pictures next week. We'll see if we reach a consensus on whether the time is right to let the Cat out of the bag ... err bottle. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Nice update Major PITA, and some damn fine trees you are growing. :adore:

Nice update Major PITA, and some damn fine trees you are growing. :adore:
Ditto 60.

Pita, do you know much about the timeline for the different regions for flowering to start? I was wondering how long should it be before our Fire Escape outdoor Flux girl starts showing pre-flowers.

Region: NYC

Ditto 60.

Pita, do you know much about the timeline for the different regions for flowering to start? I was wondering how long should it be before our Fire Escape outdoor Flux girl starts showing pre-flowers.

Region: NYC

Hi Reg-
Not really. These started in early August. I would think it has to do with latitude = daylight hours available. We were getting 14.5 hours of daylight when these started throwing pistils.
We are about the same in latitude. I think you are about 41 degrees and we are about 42. Since these showed sex two weeks ago, it must be the difference in strains (?).

Back
Top Bottom