2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Cool idea! I love DIY stuff.
I have a good tool for the job but the roots are so dense I feel like I'd do some damage if I really tried to work the Recharge in much.
No worries - I got it spread out and VERY lightly scratched, then covered with a thin layer of EWC.
Claw5.jpg

Mornin Major...just a thought on the scratching in of amendments and stuff. What I do is to poke a lot of little holes in the soil with a big fork.....works great without damaging roots...ya'l should try it! After you've spread out the product(EWC, Re charge,amendments)just grab a big serving fork (don't let the wife see ya do this) and start poking holes ....a couple minutes later , just water it all in. Cheers pal!
Oh, and if it's outside like yours Major try using a pitch fork, they will work awesome for that outside....saves hurting the roots and will really do a good job of aerating your compacted , outside soil!!:high-five:

Thanks dug!! Great idea - sounds like a plan.

The Weakly (Week #18 / Bloom Week #1 / Day #123)

Greetings!

I think I single-handedly brought the forum down a few times yesterday. Every time I tried to update my journal, the forum crashed and became unavailable. Uploads worked this morning but I'm keeping this short (and sweet?).

Still using the same water, drench and foliar schedule. They will get a full Transplant and Tea drench (20 ml + 2 ml) in a few minutes. All the girls continue to do well, adding a few inches each week and brix is holding/building at 18-20 for them. One of the AoS is a little lighter green than all the others - it always has been. Still, it seems very healthy and brix measurements have been OK. Nothing else to report this week. On to the picture dump. Nothing very special to show. I'm finding it even more difficult to get a decent picture. I have to use a ladder now so I can get up high enough to look down into them and see most of the buds.

Same stuff / different week but finally blooms begin!
1_08-15-15.jpg

2_08-15-15.jpg

3_08-15-15.jpg

4_08-15-15.jpg

5_08-15-15.jpg

6_08-15-15.jpg

7_08-15-15.jpg

Brix_3_08-15-15.jpg

We'll be back over 100 degrees this week. DeStress will be tomorrow or Wednesday. The biggest, oldest, lowest fan leaves are turning yellow. The rest is staying green.

It is rewarding to see all the bud sites at last. They are impossible to count but my guess is the four plants have several hundred buds starting right now. I can't wait to see how well they fill out. The next month should be interesting.

I had to give up on my old welding clamp for brix readings. It would no longer squeeze enough juice out of the leaves. I grabbed a giant, ancient 'C' clamp I've had for decades. It works great and easily gets several drops from a single leaf. :thumb:

Have a great week! :420:

:Namaste:

Always enjoy the updates, love seeing the plants outdoors. How long do you think they can go before the weather gets to cold? Could frost be an issue in your area?

Always enjoy the updates, love seeing the plants outdoors. How long do you think they can go before the weather gets to cold? Could frost be an issue in your area?

Thanks Snoop!

As for frost, anything is possible. These are short-flowering strains. They may run over the published numbers, but they are supposed to finish in 6-8 weeks. That puts me at late September to early October for the chop(s). Our average first frost is mid-October, but it is easily possible for us to have frost in late September. A little closer than I'd like, but what can you do? I live about 2200 feet elevation. I know our plants begin and finish about two weeks later than the same crops just a couple miles down the hill from us. It will be a squeaker.

I'm more concerned with rain, mold and other pests. If we get our usual thunderstorms in late summer/early fall, that could be a huge problem.

A fu...n ladder?? Really...wow Major...life is tough eh...As far as the Mag. crashing...know what ya mean..did it to me too yesterday at around supper...came back up about an hour later.I was trying to dump around 20 or so....couldn't deal with it....:hmmmm:
Anyhow bud...things are gonna get pretty hairy for ya when it comes time to trim all that....need a hand...:tokin:
So far....so good...how's the view from the road..OK?

I love how big those plants have gotten. Be thankful you need a ladder. :rofl: Is there any significance to the water pot on the post?

:green_heart:

:circle-of-love: The only reason we have stuff on the posts is because we can. :cheesygrinsmiley: The other posts have whirligigs or other assorted oddities. My wife loves "whimsey" so you find weird things all over our place. She hung an old window from a branch in the forest. I asked her why. She said, "I like the view from there." :rofl:

A fu...n ladder?? Really...wow Major...life is tough eh...As far as the Mag. crashing...know what ya mean..did it to me too yesterday at around supper...came back up about an hour later.I was trying to dump around 20 or so....couldn't deal with it....:hmmmm:
Anyhow bud...things are gonna get pretty hairy for ya when it comes time to trim all that....need a hand...:tokin:
So far....so good...how's the view from the road..OK?

Hi Dug! It will be a trim-a-thon, for sure.
The view from the road is blocked. The garden is a couple hundred meters from the road and we have a 25 year old cedar forest between the garden and the road. The only possible glance at the plants is brief and from our driveway. Our truck does a pretty good job of blocking that one. Now that I've seen all the grows down our road, I'm a little less concerned. If some butthead really wants to steal someone's grow, there are plenty of choices and most of them are much bigger than mine. Of course they are probably more militant in their deterrences, too. :yikes:

:thanks:

Love it. Reminds me of back in the day. My avatar pic, is from a Gorilla grow, early 80's, I am standing one row deep on the lower right hand side. Just something about outdoors, that was one quiet ass site.

Things are looking great, good luck with the coming heat.

Love it. Reminds me of back in the day. My avatar pic, is from a Gorilla grow, early 80's, I am standing one row deep on the lower right hand side. Just something about outdoors, that was one quiet ass site.

Things are looking great, good luck with the coming heat.

Thanks SWOGA!
That is a very nice grow! I never had any luck with outside grows until now. Between the people and deer, something always got 'em.

Same here Major...something always happened! You, as a grower have very little control .Inside , it's so nice to be the BOSS...if something bad happens...it's our fault. I can see how you, Major refuse to get your hopes up with these, but i know your stoked!
Got lots of De Stress for the heat comin up? How much you gotta mix up for em now anyhow, 2 quarts?
Major ,you try the pitchfork yet? Your outdoor soil would benefit from it, especially right before a RE-Charge or EWC App.Cheers eh.

"Looking darn good Pita" would be an understatement.

As far as the Mag. crashing...know what ya mean..did it to me too yesterday at around supper...came back up about an hour later.
This has been going on for about a month now. It's really annoying for me because my main 420 time is at work but it's sporadic. I might have time for an hr straight or periodically 10 to 20 mins at a time so I need to be able to get on at any given time. Has anyone contacted the MODs yet?
Inside , it's so nice to be the BOSS...if something bad happens...it's our fault.
WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!​

Same here Major...something always happened! You, as a grower have very little control .Inside , it's so nice to be the BOSS...if something bad happens...it's our fault. I can see how you, Major refuse to get your hopes up with these, but i know your stoked!
Got lots of De Stress for the heat comin up? How much you gotta mix up for em now anyhow, 2 quarts?
Major ,you try the pitchfork yet? Your outdoor soil would benefit from it, especially right before a RE-Charge or EWC App.Cheers eh.
Thanks for reminding me! I have not forked the soil yet. When I spray them tomorrow morning I'll give it a shot although the recharge and EWC have already been done.

They only take one quart of the foliars, but that is just for two plants. The other two girls are not in HB kit soil so I let them fend for themselves (no drenches and no foliars - water only) in order to see how they will compare.

"Looking darn good Pita" would be an understatement.

This has been going on for about a month now. It's really annoying for me because my main 420 time is at work but it's sporadic. I might have time for an hr straight or periodically 10 to 20 mins at a time so I need to be able to get on at any given time. Has anyone contacted the MODs yet?

I keep meaning to tell you "THANKS!" You probably don't realize this, but you are the reason I am here on 420. When I had problems with my first grow and was not getting much help, you convinced me to stick around and start a journal, you even posted in your journal to get me some assistance. It was greatly appreciated and I haven't forgotten.

This was my first problem with the forum going down so I didn't contact anyone. It happened three times to me over the weekend; once Saturday evening and twice on Sunday. Each time was during the "processing" of my uploaded images.

Just paying it forward is all Pita.

Looking good Major. May not be that much interest in your ladies due to that "EVERYONE" in Oregon can now grow their own. Sure some slackers will still be around, but the problem should be lessened.

Looking good Major. May not be that much interest in your ladies due to that "EVERYONE" in Oregon can now grow their own. Sure some slackers will still be around, but the problem should be lessened.

Agreed Budley! At least that's my hope. :high-five:

This was my first problem with the forum going down so I didn't contact anyone. It happened three times to me over the weekend; once Saturday evening and twice on Sunday. Each time was during the "processing" of my uploaded images.

Just a tip ...

This happened to me about 20 minutes ago as I was loading pics for my update. There's a fairly easy workaround. :cheesygrinsmiley: It seems to lock up when you hit the Process button, but it actually does process 'em. So all you have to do is go back to a list of postings, or Settings or something first, and then go to Upload from there and try the Process button again. It'll work this time. I was only loading 6 pics at a time, and it tried it successfully that way with three sets. It's not really locked - just sorta burped up, y'know?

Just go to some non-Gallery area, and then back to Upload. Your photos will already be there, ready for final upload. :thumb:

I sort of tried that kind of stuff yesterday but got browser errors saying it could not connect to the website. I also opened a new window and could not get to 420.com at all.

I was about to tell Gray that; the whole site shuts down. It only last maybe 20mins at the most but sometimes it's less than a couple mins.

Back
Top Bottom