2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

No need to thank. It's exciting to see them rip. :cool:
I'm glad you are enjoying the ride! The next month should start getting interesting.

Nice looking tress Major. I really think you should try again next year in a raised bed or huge cloth pot. See how big you can grow one. Even with your really hot weather and storms they look great. Cant wait to see some monster flowers :Rasta:
Next year I hope to blow it out, but I can't count my chickens 'till the cows come home. :cheesygrinsmiley:
This could all still go south on me.

Major, my brotha....they're gonna be fuckin huge, period. I'm comin down to do a bunch of Bubblehash runs.:blunt: Really, one branch will prolly do ya fine for a month.:surf:
One of your girls has a real delicate Sativa look to her eh. Your plan for next yr. sounds like it's moving right along. If i may....you say 16" of good soil depth?....rototill it all up really good while mixing in the appropriate amount of DBHBB amendments and a bunch of cubes of Pro Mix some EWC's., let it fester a while...can you imagine ...i can...big huge honkin trees. Gotta book pal...GF's comin over...:tokin:
Thanks, bro! The sad part is, I'm a real lightweight. Something happened to me about the end of the 70's. I used to be able to smoke all day long. Then, one day, one or two hits knocks the shit out of me. It's like I developed a sensitivity to it rather than a tolerance. One of these branches could last me all year. I'll likely hit you up for more info when I try to make some bubble.
Next summer could be epic!
Have fun with the GF.

Im jealous.. but so glad your coasting to such a plentiful high quality harvest. Your gonna have one hell of a top cola on that one on the left.

Im with You, Snoop and Duggan. You have to do this again and again.:circle-of-love:
It has been a very easy grow - nothing like my first attempt. DBHB makes it almost too easy. Next year is in the works. To infinity and beyond!

I've been thinking next year I will take a backhoe and make a ditch and fill it up with HB soil so it will keep in HB for its whole life and I can reuse it, fit it out with worms as well. Just dreaming... because your grow looks so beautiful Major.
:green_heart:

Better yet, have your own soil tested and get a bulk custom amendment for the garden itself. It's not even all that expensive. :thumb:

Better yet, have your own soil tested and get a bulk custom amendment for the garden itself. It's not even all that expensive. :thumb:

That's my plan at this point.

Doc's kit is very reasonable. The part that kills me for an outside grow is buying the Promix and EWC. For me to do what I'd like to do, it would cost about $800 just for the soil components to build a bed for two plants. I'm not sure what the bulk DBHBB total would be, but I can't spend $500 per plant to gamble on getting ripped off or get wiped out by hail or other weather.

On the other hand, I can purchase nice potting soil components locally for about $30 per yard in bulk. If I have it tested and it can be made to work, that $500 will be reduced nearly 90% to more like $55, or under $30 per plant. The question is, will it work? For true HB, I sort of doubt it, but it would be fun to try. I think it will grow some good produce even if it isn't MJ. If that's the case, then I'll keep my HB grows indoors in 7-10 gal pots.

Sounds good pal....but instead of 7-10's. i'de go with 15-20's. you'le be happier at the end!

My problem indoors is space (33" x 33"). I may go with 12/12 from the get. Either that or veg for a max of two weeks in 1 gal and 2 weeks in 7-10 gal. Hopefully that will be enough soil for smaller ladies to finish in style.

That's my plan at this point.

Doc's kit is very reasonable. The part that kills me for an outside grow is buying the Promix and EWC. For me to do what I'd like to do, it would cost about $800 just for the soil components to build a bed for two plants. I'm not sure what the bulk DBHBB total would be, but I can't spend $500 per plant to gamble on getting ripped off or get wiped out by hail or other weather.

On the other hand, I can purchase nice potting soil components locally for about $30 per yard in bulk. If I have it tested and it can be made to work, that $500 will be reduced nearly 90% to more like $55, or under $30 per plant. The question is, will it work? For true HB, I sort of doubt it, but it would be fun to try. I think it will grow some good produce even if it isn't MJ. If that's the case, then I'll keep my HB grows indoors in 7-10 gal pots.

I could get you enough amendment for 500 square feet for less than 400.00 including the soil test. Could be even less than that depending on your soil.

I added my Re-charge to the kit girls. Each one got half the amendment and about 2 lbs. of EWC.

Has anyone else actually been able to "scratch it into the top layer of soil"?
I had to chuckle. It felt like I was trying to scratch marbles into a luffa.

I added my Re-charge to the kit girls. Each one got half the amendment and about 2 lbs. of EWC.

Has anyone else actually been able to "scratch it into the top layer of soil"?
I had to chuckle. It felt like I was trying to scratch marbles into a luffa.

Yeah man. If mine gets a little dry, it's like a cork with a perlite crust. I really just sprinkle it all evenly and cover with a couple inches of soil and water it in with some transplant.

Next round I'm going to take a closer look at that super-drench and put very little, if any, recharge.

That's a good idea,, You may have just got Doc another sale..., but for my regular garden. Im getting tired of mixing and matching each year and now that my non 420 garden is stable, (I moved it a bit last year and expanded again) maybe it's time to get a good test done and amend it brix style... Thanks, Gray -- wheels turning....

AoS_08-08-15.jpg

HOLY HIGH BRIX Pita! Those trees are the business.

Awesome major......can't believe they are so big......get a pic of the trunk and a pop can next time would ya.......would love to see her under side......lol:lot-o-toke:
Ditto...

Awesome major......can't believe they are so big......get a pic of the trunk and a pop can next time would ya.......would love to see her under side......lol:lot-o-toke:

Sorry I missed this Nate.
You got it. There is a picture a little ways back that shows their undercarriage. I'll update with a new one this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom