2 Outdoor Plants Journal

Sorry man I must have missed your earlier post.

Yeah man you can cut any growth below, but the advantage of growing outside is, as the sun moves across the sky, it shines on different parts of the plant, allowing to penetrate to the lower parts of the plant. Unlike an indoor set up, where the light is stationary, set in place directly above the plant. So I guess it’s up to you, you can leave it, in hopes that you will get not bad of a crop from the bottom parts of the plant and if your un-happy with it then next year you know, not to keep it on and get rid of it early. Or you can take it off now, move forward and not look back. It’s completely up to bro! :thumb:

Blue dream :) just a lil trim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 56
Do you guys think these light will effect the plants flowering ?

They actually might affect you. Here's a good rule of thumb ... if you can read a magazine at night, then it is too bright and you may be at risk. Also, I was reading that moonlight is not really significant, but I can't remember the source for that info right now.

You can read a bit more about light pollution here: How To Avoid The Threat Of Cannabis Light Pollution

Just scroll down to my Lessons Learned section.

Should cut all the little small growth ? Blue dream already nugging

There is still a lot of debate going on about this topic.

I'm of the opinion that the less stress we put on a flowing plant, ... the better.

So basically, be very selective in what you cut and prune.

In general, the more fan leaves you have, the better your yield is going to be ... they are the factories and cooling mechanism. I would only cut a fan leaf if it is significantly blocking growth nodes. If it's in the way, tuck it back behind something. In late flower, when you are feeding fewer nutes, your plant will reward you by cannibalizing those fan leaves, and generating higher quality buds.

Lookin good Caligrown!!

I’m on the side of doing one main defol session! I lollipop my plants so I take off all of the lower growth after the first initial stretch of going into flower. With what your doing with the cage, lollipoping won’t really work. Just keep doing what your doing man!!I also have no problem with taking leaves off sparingly through out the grow, but it’s all about what ones opinion is on it.

Can you take a magnified picture of the underside of the leaf? I'm not saying it is spider mites because I'm too new but it could be. Something appears to be munching on them.Those things on top - do they move? If so get a closeup on those.

Can you take a magnified picture of the underside of the leaf? I'm not saying it is spider mites because I'm too new but it could be. Something appears to be munching on them.Those things on top - do they move? If so get a closeup on those.
I don’t have one yet sorry , I’m thinking it’s thrips , and no it does not move I just started to spray bush doctor again

Last time I saw thrips they were mainly attached to the stems, I’m not saying it’s not thrips it could be possible cant rule it out yet, but I don’t think it thrips. It may be pests, but it almost looks like a mildew of some sort, maybe someone will swing by that knows and can confirm or deny that soon.

:nervous-guy:

Back
Top Bottom