4 Strains Under TopLED LG-G04B96

One of the fims worked perfectly. The Kali Mist has four lovely little top shoots. :)

Mar25KaliFim.jpg

@420dude: Yeah, I already stopped by. Looking sweet, I'm curious to see how they fit in there in a month! :)

@calyx: Happy to oblige! I was actually just intending to top, but I tried last grow to fim and nearly hit it so I could see this time all 4 were the perfect size so although I was just hoping to top, I was also aiming for the fim. Hit 2 out of 4. :)

Here is one of the DP and 2 of the Kali both fimmed:
Mar25DPfim1.jpg

Mar25Kalifim1.jpg
Mar25KaliFim2.jpg

@420dude: Yeah, I already stopped by. Looking sweet, I'm curious to see how they fit in there in a month! :)

Mar25Kalifim1.jpg

I agree they are looking good so far. I admit, I thought they would have had a lot more burn from the soil but they are performing well. Some didn't even get any burn on them!:morenutes::bitingnails::phew::tokin:.... I cant wait to show you how they will fit, remember I'm not looking to grow very large plants. Just big enough to get the of one nice plant except ill have all big nugs instead of a couple big bugs and the rest popcorn nugs.
Also this pic is my favorite. I believe she will be the more pretty looking one of the bunch!:yummy:

Hey Pant,

I too have had hit and miss luck with the fim. My current grow (WiFi) is the first time I actually got it to work. I was super happy it worked, but to be honest I don't see evidence that its going to out produce the one that I got wrong and ended up just basically topping. In fact the one I topped is looking much better (as far as production goes) than the one I fim'd. With that said, the fim'd plant did get stressed when I had the PH issues while the topped plant just grew without problems. These were sisters I grew from a pack of OGR WiFi and I realize the final weight is determined as much by the individual plant as the growing environment.

I really am pulling for you here, you have a real green thumb!

If you don't mind me asking, did you ever do a smoke report for your NL grow? I am very interested in this strain for it's reported medicinal properties and would like to know how it ended up for you now that you've had a while to sink into it ;^) I've had the Royal Queen cheese and it was good smoke.

Peace!
JJ

Actually I see now that Lucy's fim has also come in, it just took a bit longer.

I think the key is to do it at exactly the right time. I could actually see two full nodes developing in the top, I cut down to the bottom one with a pair of curved manicuring scissors, just like in the pictures, a kind of cup shaped cut. I think you just need to practice it a few times to get a feel. Like I said, I was not expecting it to work, only wanted to top, so there was no pressure. That being said, there is pretty little margin for error. I undercut a fim last time and ended up with fan leaves coming in. Overcut it and it is just a top.

Odd problem with one plant

Of the 4 strains, the Durban Poison alone continues to exhibit and odd issue. Maybe this strain is just more sensitive to ph. The new growth looks fine, the older growth looks mottled like the pic. I can't figure it out. I tried a light phosphorus feeding with bone meal tea. Any suggestions?

Mar28DPsick.jpg

Some Phenos for a Phriday

Here the ladies are lifting their skirts for a little Friday fun. The branches on the Red Dragon are sooo short and broad leafed, it will be just like a bush I think. Lucy is showing her sweet little fim. The Kali is really starting to take off.

Red Dragon
Mar28RD.jpg

Lucy
Mar28LSD.jpg

Kali Mist
Mar28KM.jpg

Durban Poison
Mar28DP.jpg

Lookin great pan.

That DP looks just like what happened to my WiFi when my PH was off. All the new growth looks great but it never caught up to the one that didn't show problems. I was able to get everything straightened out with using a simple brew of molasses and great white orca. PH adjust that to 6.2-6.5. Took a couple weeks but the new growth all looks great. I'm a newb so hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.

JJ

Thanks JJ. I may try a dose of epsom next watering. It doesn't seem to be slowing down growth. I almost suspect this may be a form of light burn from my new led, which may have been a bit too close at one point.

That's a real possibility pan. I'm running 500 true watts of LED with another 100 watts of CFL in a 2x3 closet. Every time I move them from the veg cab under 100 watts of T5, they go into shock. I used to freak out and try to fix it, just making matters worse. As long as the PH is good they always recover within a week. But honestly, that really looks like nutrient lock out due to PH in my limited experience.

I'm anxious to see what it ends up being.

JJ

Dose of epsom plus I crushed half a cal/mag/zinc vitamin in today's water. We'll see what that does. I can definitely see where the discoloration begins as the new growth starts to mature. Hope this works.....:straightface:

Pretty sure now it is a phosphorus def. Purpling leaf stems. It is doing different things to each strain. I did hit them with a bone meal tea a week ago but I guess it wasn't enough.

Thanks bro. Right now I am getting ready for more of our legit business plantings (herbs and veggies) so the ladies are spending some time under the HPS which I added back in. I'm interested to see if they like the climate better as it is a little warmer.

Back
Top Bottom