4 Strawberry Kush F5's - How Red Can We Get 'Em?

Hey Dawg!
All caught up and waiting for the Strawberry's to ripen! I really appreciate the concern from you and everyone with my sudden absence, it was kind of sudden with my journal as the last thing on my mind at the time. So far we are working to getting back to normal mode again.

This grow is looking a lot like the last for you, can't wait to see the buds form and show character! :thumb:

I flipped to a 12/12 light schedule this morning and increased the veg nutes to 1400µS. I expect the transition to be about 8-10 days and I'll do a res change in 5 days and switch to bloom nutes as well as swap out the bulbs to the HPS. All 4 Strawberry Kush F5 plants look good and healthy and all are loaded with tops. Everything's pointing in the right direction so far.
MG_0936.jpg

MG_0937.jpg

MG_0934.jpg

I let the soil pots dry out real good then flip the pot upside down in my hand to get the soil plug out, then carefully remove the soil around the roots. I put about an inch or so of hydroton in the net pots and hold the plant with the roots touching the hydrotron while I fill the net pots with a handful at a time. (Drying the soil first just makes removing it from the roots a lot easier)

I let the soil pots dry out real good then flip the pot upside down in my hand to get the soil plug out, then carefully remove the soil around the roots. I put about an inch or so of hydroton in the net pots and hold the plant with the roots touching the hydrotron while I fill the net pots with a handful at a time. (Drying the soil first just makes removing it from the roots a lot easier)

You make it sound so easy....thanks for that. Any rinse off before it goes into your system?

I have rinsed them off with water before but kind of got away from it. If the soil is dry they usually come fairly clean. I found rinsing to be kind of a pain in the ass because it just made mud and made the job harder.

I take it you have a filtration system to catch the left dirt / organic matter?

Yup, it's called a shop vac. I use it the first time I do a res change after moving them into the RDWC. Lol.

So consistent and beautiful, love your grow man .

I flipped to a 12/12 light schedule this morning and increased the veg nutes to 1400µS. I expect the transition to be about 8-10 days and I'll do a res change in 5 days and switch to bloom nutes as well as swap out the bulbs to the HPS. All 4 Strawberry Kush F5 plants look good and healthy and all are loaded with tops. Everything's pointing in the right direction so far.
MG_0936.jpg

MG_0937.jpg

MG_0934.jpg
Fuck they shot up quick! You da man scrog.

MG_0936.jpg

MG_0937.jpg

MG_0934.jpg

Your plant are very lush and I love your elevated system. Looks like under current

Your plant are very lush and I love your elevated system. Looks like under current

Its quite similar except that I pump from the reservoir into the top of the pods and gravity drain from the bottom of the pods back to the reservoir.

I need my scrog net full like yours, but I’m running out of bud... PANIC! LOL

I don't flip till the screen is about 70% full. But if you need the bud, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.:high-five:

Day 3 since flip. I put up the second screen this morning and a few tops are poking through in the back row. The 2 plants in the back were popped 7 days prior to the 2 plants in the front, due to the 2 original Purple Haze seeds not germinating. I'm on a 12/12 cycle but am still using veg nutes and MH bulbs for a couple more days. The veg nutes were increased from 1200µS to 1440µS when I flipped the lights.

Its been a chore to scrog the Strawberry Kush as they're a short, very bushy plant to start with and they are sooooo Indica they've been tough to move around and tuck.
MG_0938.jpg

MG_0941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom