420 Magazine Sponsored Grow Extravaganza Featuring NextLight Mega, GeoFlora Nutes & More!

since it looks like all white light i'm guessing they parked it in the 3500k range. kinda the "full spectrum" compromise. the graph they reference sort of suggests they might have a couple strips in the 4000k or 4500k in there as well.

i'm curious what they are using for drivers,and whether they run a single or multiple drivers. betting they are running multiple.

no mention of the chipset at all either. relates directly to build quality.
Can be 3500K but I think these are totally 4000K. They say that they choose to fit in the most possible power to the unit rather than adding some inefficient red band supplementary diodes. The spectrum graph is pretty similar to Samsung's 3030 4000K diodes and these have the highest efficiency among all of the present LED models. I also designed some of my diy LED boards with that logic and think that using the most available power from your diodes is better than adding spesific bands. I am getting amazing readings with these diodes and Nextlight also did a great job on the readings imo. I don't ask more from a grow light. I think 4000K is the sweet spot and what we should call full spectrum but 3500K can be considered as full spectrum as well.
OK, Brothers, I've got some information for you....

Here's the details I was able to get from NextLight:
We run two drivers and two different Kelvin chips, one driver for each
color temp. Half the diodes are 3000K and half are 5000K, this comes
out to right around 4000-4100K on a spectral graph.

As for the component manufacturers, NextLight really doesn't publish that information. This leaves them free to change suppliers if/when appropriate and they're not selling a set of Manufacturer A's chips on Manufacturer B's controllers. They are selling a NextLight with their own proprietary integration of that technology, the performance they achieve with it, and their own warranty and service.

They do have the best warranty I've seen for any LED grow light manufacturer, and I've been researching and growing with LEDs for ten years. All NextLight LEDs have a five year warranty and, in the event of any failures, they immediately overnight air a replacement unit.

i think you've really figured it out. :passitleft:

i've been told the higher K veg rigs result in plants not only a bit stretchier, but with thicker stems and branches compared to the ones grown and finished under my 3000k/3500k mix. i'd really like to try it one day, but a proper side by side comparison is not really in my wheel house.

i know one who person vegs and flowers under a veg rig i built just fine. i would imagine there is a bit of yield difference.

True. Thicker stem is great when you are letting them stretch.

OK, Brothers, I've got some information for you....

Here's the details I was able to get from NextLight:

As for the component manufacturers, NextLight really doesn't publish that information. This leaves them free to change suppliers if/when appropriate and they're not selling a set of Manufacturer A's chips on Manufacturer B's controllers. They are selling a NextLight with their own proprietary integration of that technology, the performance they achieve with it, and their own warranty and service.

They do have the best warranty I've seen for any LED grow light manufacturer, and I've been researching and growing with LEDs for ten years. All NextLight LEDs have a five year warranty and, in the event of any failures, they immediately overnight air a replacement unit.

Yeah that's eventually the same thing and we can call these full spectrum assemblies basically. They got my style of thinking and the build quality looks great. I could recommend these to every grower I know. Warranty is a pretty big issue on grow lighting. If they are offering such a great deal on it, that would make these lights even more appealing. Overnight air for replacements for five years is pretty damn solid:bravo:

UBT, LST & EPSOM FOLIAR

Those that have been following me a while already know I give all my plants an "Uncle Ben's Topping" (UBT) to get four main colas. UBT is an old technique of topping a plant to produce either two or four primary (not secondary!) colas, depending on where it's topped.

The process is, when the plant reaches 5-6 nodes, if you top between the 2nd and 3rd nodes, you get four main colas. If you top between the first and second node, you get two main colas. Any topping above the 3rd node results in secondary colas.

In any event, once the four colas grow out a little bit, it's time to spread them out with some LST to start filling up the horizontal space in the tent.

Here's the group pic:

The Platinum Cake has been showing a slight magnesium deficiency so I gave it an epsom salt foliar last night:

This is the Dark Ghost Train:

Tropicanna Cookies x Slurricane:

And, the healthiest looking of the group, right now, is the Mendocino Purple Kush. I wish all the plants were this color, right now! :)

I also top dressed all the plants with their first dose of GeoFlora veg but I'm still letting the containers dry out a little so, while I did scratch it into the soil, I haven't actually watered it in, yet.

Happy Harvests!

K

If you let the soil cook for 30+ days, you shouldn't need an enzyme additive, at all. The microbes should break down most of that organic material. If you wanted to rush the process, you could add some of that Soil Activator discussed in the first couple of pages but I don't know how much that would reduce the cook time. I'd probably also add some of the Geoflora Veg mix, which has microbes and will prepare the soil for the next use.

Ok awesome thanx for the info. I was guna look up the answer in ur journal sum where cuz im sure sum1 asked u already or u posted it sumwhere jus have 2 find the page lol. But i wanted to reply first cuz im outa highspeed data right now so it takes like 15 to 20 min to load a page so i can see/read each post an i didnt wana lose the post an not find it again to be able to respond lol. But yea i was wondering if u had to weigh out the amount of nutes to do the top dressing like with megacrop nutes u do like 5 or 6 grams per gallon of water or is it like add 2 or 3 teaspoons/tablespoons or sumthn like that? Just wondering how i should be doing it an then i was also wondering what the site was called where i can get a sample bag or whatever it was that u mentioned b4? Now about the plants the 1 that has the magnesium deficiency is that cuz tht strain is jus alil more temperamental or is it because the nutes are alil short in mag? I wont need to add any other supplements will I? An how many plants will i be able 2 feed with that sample bag if i put the plants in 10 gallon pots? Sry for all the questions i wuda looked them up only my internet is super super slow at the moment but only till my data resets 2morow nt tht it does me any gud now lol.

Drive-by

duh I got lost? or was it a DUI?

anyways........ still gotta catch up.....

You know me,,, I'm alittle slow.........

Ok awesome thanx for the info. I was guna look up the answer in ur journal sum where cuz im sure sum1 asked u already or u posted it sumwhere jus have 2 find the page lol. But i wanted to reply first cuz im outa highspeed data right now so it takes like 15 to 20 min to load a page so i can see/read each post an i didnt wana lose the post an not find it again to be able to respond lol. But yea i was wondering if u had to weigh out the amount of nutes to do the top dressing like with megacrop nutes u do like 5 or 6 grams per gallon of water or is it like add 2 or 3 teaspoons/tablespoons or sumthn like that? Just wondering how i should be doing it an then i was also wondering what the site was called where i can get a sample bag or whatever it was that u mentioned b4? Now about the plants the 1 that has the magnesium deficiency is that cuz tht strain is jus alil more temperamental or is it because the nutes are alil short in mag? I wont need to add any other supplements will I? An how many plants will i be able 2 feed with that sample bag if i put the plants in 10 gallon pots? Sry for all the questions i wuda looked them up only my internet is super super slow at the moment but only till my data resets 2morow nt tht it does me any gud now lol.
The plants just got their first dose of GeoFlora, so that's not the reason for the Mag deficiency in the Platinum Cake. It's just taking a little longer to transition and growing quickly but I'm sure she'll recover. The GeoFlora does have Magnesium.

The feed chart is very simple:

1593778556104.png

So, the amount of feed is based on the size of the container and is the same for both formulas all the way through the grow. In a #10 you use 8oz. the whole grow, and you feed every two weeks so, if you veg for 4 weeks then bloom for 6 weeks, you'll go through 16 oz. of the grow formula and 24 oz. of the bloom. I'm going by volume and not weight, so I'll be using a measuring cup to get 1 cup (8 oz.) of nutes for the #10 container. The nutes get top-dressed and watered in and not mixed directly with water.

The plants just got their first dose of GeoFlora, so that's not the reason for the Mag deficiency in the Platinum Cake. It's just taking a little longer to transition and growing quickly but I'm sure she'll recover. The GeoFlora does have Magnesium.

The feed chart is very simple:

So, the amount of feed is based on the size of the container and is the same for both formulas all the way through the grow. In a #10 you use 8oz. the whole grow, and you feed every two weeks so, if you veg for 4 weeks then bloom for 6 weeks, you'll go through 16 oz. of the grow formula and 24 oz. of the bloom. I'm going by volume and not weight, so I'll be using a measuring cup to get 1 cup (8 oz.) of nutes for the #10 container. The nutes get top-dressed and watered in and not mixed directly with water.

Ok awesome thanx man for the help tht answerd all my questions. an its got ke sold on tryn out the product. So then if i use r.o water from my ro pump would i then need to ph the plain water to make sure its like 6.3 or so cause thts what i set the ph 2 now an i use megacrop nutes with promix hp for a medium. Oh an my ro unit is filtering from my natural well water so an it has a pretty high ph i think. If im remembering correctly the last time i checkd the ph of the plain ro water i believe it was higher then the normal/nutural 7.0

Ok awesome thanx man for the help tht answerd all my questions. an its got ke sold on tryn out the product. So then if i use r.o water from my ro pump would i then need to ph the plain water to make sure its like 6.3 or so cause thts what i set the ph 2 now an i use megacrop nutes with promix hp for a medium. Oh an my ro unit is filtering from my natural well water so an it has a pretty high ph i think. If im remembering correctly the last time i checkd the ph of the plain ro water i believe it was higher then the normal/nutural 7.0
You should not need to PH adjust anything using the Promix HP with R/O water. :thumb:

just to clarify - what is your media on this grow and how is it prepared ?
Promix HP and worm castings mixed, moistened, and stored in a 50 gallon trash can with a lid and left to sit for a couple of months before using. I will add some of the GeoFlora Veg to the mix when I up-pot and, from there, the GeoFlora nutes get top-dressed.

Back
Top Bottom