420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

I do to! It's a new light for you. That's where I'd start at least for a day or two unless things starting getting really screwed up looking.
I think it is a good place to start, as this doesn’t look EXACTLY like any deficiency and does kind of look a bit like too much light. I backed the dimmer off to about 75w.
Either way it got a small dose of CalMag and we should see something change in the next few days. It’s not major yet and I’d love to keep it that way

@Justin Goody
I would recommend the same. When my plants look like that the first thing I do is back off on the light a bit. No sense in running them so hard when they are stressed. What kind of cal-mag do you have?

Every time I try to push my plants under my new light they retaliate. I've been really slow increasing it.
I have to check my lux but it's less than half of what you are running. They are not stretching and have pretty compact growth.

What are your watering habits? Are you giving some daily or are you doing a wet -dry cycle?

Hey Justin
Throwing my 2cents in...
Lights to intense.
Bad watering habits....to wet, weird reaction, magnesium or potassium issues
Buffers in soil to high... zinc not available
They are a resilient plant.
I'm sure you'll figure it out
:thumb:

@Justin Goody
I would recommend the same. When my plants look like that the first thing I do is back off on the light a bit. No sense in running them so hard when they are stressed. What kind of cal-mag do you have?

Every time I try to push my plants under my new light they retaliate. I've been really slow increasing it.
I have to check my lux but it's less than half of what you are running. They are not stretching and have pretty compact growth.

What are your watering habits? Are you giving some daily or are you doing a wet -dry cycle?
I water about every 2-3 days and sometimes it’s harder to tell if it’s dry just by weight, so I may be watering too often.
Your lights give the pic a yellow cast to start with, but the interveins do look paler than the rest. If backing down the lux doesn't do it the cal-mag could.
I’m hoping so, it seems early enough to stop it.

She looks ok this morning, and doesn’t have MORE yellowing so maybe the issue is on it’s way out

Day 40
F49A032D-2482-4DBA-8059-1D3EE59A7169.jpeg
Now that I’ve watered in some CalMag (GenHydro 1-0-0) I will give her a few days to really dry out before I see what the next move is.
Happy Friday growers!

I water about every 2-3 days and sometimes it’s harder to tell if it’s dry
You're in Pro Mix. You shouldn't have to worry about overwatering. SPM holds onto moisture but it also holds lots of oxygen.
In my opinion,I don't think you are watering enough. You have a microbial herd that needs moist conditions to thrive. These aren't salt based nutes. The microbes have to exchange exudates with the root system. If you have a weak herd your plant will stuggle to feed.
I try to top my plants off every other day or daily depending upon the plant and container size.
I don't give a full watering. I try to give enough that the top 3-4"(again, container size factors in) gets water and pushes some nutes down.
Over the next few days they will drink from lower in the pot and by around day two or three I give a full watering. The pot will be lighter but not dry. After a full watering I will skip a day.

On the GeoFlora site it mentions that feed amounts are dependant upon how heavy of a feeder a plant is. You may also have a hungry plant. She may need a little extra but I think increasing or changing the way you water will allow the topdressing to leach into the soil at a more consistent rate and will keep your herd productive.

Just my $.02.

You're in Pro Mix. You shouldn't have to worry about overwatering. SPM holds onto moisture but it also holds lots of oxygen.
In my opinion,I don't think you are watering enough. You have a microbial herd that needs moist conditions to thrive. These aren't salt based nutes. The microbes have to exchange exudates with the root system. If you have a weak herd your plant will stuggle to feed.
I try to top my plants off every other day or daily depending upon the plant and container size.
I don't give a full watering. I try to give enough that the top 3-4"(again, container size factors in) gets water and pushes some nutes down.
Over the next few days they will drink from lower in the pot and by around day two or three I give a full watering. The pot will be lighter but not dry. After a full watering I will skip a day.

On the GeoFlora site it mentions that feed amounts are dependant upon how heavy of a feeder a plant is. You may also have a hungry plant. She may need a little extra but I think increasing or changing the way you water will allow the topdressing to leach into the soil at a more consistent rate and will keep your herd productive.

Just my $.02.
It makes sense.
I was definitely underwatering at first, once I watered more thoroughly and in shorter increments, I got vigorous growth.
The problem is, if I give it as much water as I feel like I want it to have, I get leaf curl. I want to really soak it but I’m also afraid of shock and recovery time if I overdo it. This is definitely a learning curve for me...but not impossible, and there’s lots of support ;) thank you!

It makes sense.
I’m definitely going with more water. I pretty sure I have been shorting them there. I’m also going to up their feeding formula a bit by adding extra 4 or 5 tablespoons a week after their regular feeding.
I’m just searching.

I want to really soak it but I’m also afraid of shock and recovery time if I overdo it.
I've been watering like I always have, except now I water when the ProMix is apx 2/3 as dry as I let it get with MC, so the pot is "sort of light" instead of "really light"...
Then I water with the usual amount (1 gallon w/25% runoff)- haven't had a problem yet...

I've been watering like I always have, except now I water when the ProMix is apx 2/3 as dry as I let it get with MC, so the pot is "sort of light" instead of "really light"...
Then I water with the usual amount (1 gallon w/25% runoff)- haven't had a problem yet...
I went ahead and took a leap and watered heavier today (after my post) and by this afternoon, the pot was already dry lighter than this morning. It wanted more water...and less light.
521567BD-1BBF-4BD5-BE11-BDB226604897.jpeg
Not sure if it’s noticeable but the tent got a nice upgrade. I bought it with AMz points so I won’t mention any sponsors but I’m sure you can guess who makes it lol.
Anyway it’s WAY better for light leaks, reflection, insulation and best of all- it gives me almost another 8” height, which is huge in this tiny tent.

Your plant looks awesome mate,,just keep doing wot u doin ,,seems to b working well :thumb:

Day 41
5B3D5259-099F-4DD0-BA52-0B1B95D42CBE.jpeg
Happy Weekend!
She looks happier today and I feel happier knowing she wanted more water, not less. The newest growth doesn’t appear to have the leaf fade and hopefully moving forward that was just a lesson.
Speaking of that, we have asked @GeoFlora Nutrients to start a support thread here for all the new users of their product. This will give us a direct line and a common area to voice concerns or ideas. I know some of you are having tiny issues, as well as there being no 100% clear outline on exact feeding amounts. I aim to help us all get that sorted here shortly.
Keep an eye out for it, and enjoy your weekend!

Day 41
5B3D5259-099F-4DD0-BA52-0B1B95D42CBE.jpeg
Happy Weekend!
She looks happier today and I feel happier knowing she wanted more water, not less. The newest growth doesn’t appear to have the leaf fade and hopefully moving forward that was just a lesson.
Speaking of that, we have asked @GeoFlora Nutrients to start a support thread here for all the new users of their product. This will give us a direct line and a common area to voice concerns or ideas. I know some of you are having tiny issues, as well as there being no 100% clear outline on exact feeding amounts. I aim to help us all get that sorted here shortly.
Keep an eye out for it, and enjoy your weekend!
I'll be watching I'm using Geoflora on outdoor grow and plan on it with my next indoor grow which will start soon. Jarring up my 1st harvest today

Juzzy this is why I’ll never be a top shelf grower. Your plant looks absolutely beautiful to me!
You will be if you hang around these folks for long.
Thanks for that, she’s a bit shy and has taught me about the finesse between this light and those nutes. Hoping she just wants to grow and be happy, I just had to figure out the fine tuning a bit.
I’m liking her attitude more today.

I've been in contact with GeoFlora.
They are my sponsor.
They said they would start a thread a few weeks back. I was assembling the growers names for them so they could name drop all the users.
Was sending it out tomorrow in an email.
Guess you don't need my help now though....
I'll just wait for y'all to name drop me then.

I've been in contact with GeoFlora.
They are my sponsor.
They said they would start a thread a few weeks back. I was assembling the growers names for them so they could name drop all the users.
Was sending it out tomorrow in an email.
Guess you don't need my help now though....
I'll just wait for y'all to name drop me then.
Fantastical both ways! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom