420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

Yuma where are you located legalization in AZ has created a small group of desert growers
Palm Desert CA. Not that far away. I was in Cibola AZ last week doing aerial shots. I figured you were in Yuma or Imperial Valley. Your 2 degrees cooler than me.

Lil Runty, still trying and stalling.
B121DE92-0846-4F23-A529-B43040D94D71.jpeg
It’s about a week away from where we can safely put plants outside here, so my plan for her involves a trip out there next weekend.
I’m 100% backing her!

Watching and hoping to learn from your journal too! I’m looking at organics for my outdoor grow and Geoflora is on my list.

Day 43
15F69F10-7EF9-4BF9-A8B6-A626FE10A9ED.jpeg

I took the advice of @StoneOtter and gave her a watering of epsom salt (1 TBSP/G) yesterday, which is something REALLY new to me.
I believe she responded well to it (she ain’t dead) and I appreciate the knowledge of other growers here, because I never would have fed my plant salt otherwise.
She looks happy today, have a great week growers!

I started using an epson salt foliar spray 2 days ago trying to combat the Yellow outbreak. That along with an additional watering. I have had good results on one plant from the yellow and all the plants are responding well.

Day 43
I took the advice of @StoneOtter and gave her a watering of epsom salt (1 TBSP/G) yesterday, which is something REALLY new to me.
I believe she responded well to it (she ain’t dead) and I appreciate the knowledge of other growers here, because I never would have fed my plant salt otherwise.
She looks happy today, have a great week growers!
I always thought epsom was a salt too, and objected to adding it to plants until I understood more about what it does. It's still not a good idea to put a lot of it in your soil, because too much Mg can cause severe lockouts of other elements, but rest assured it is not salt.
Here from the web:
It's a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It gets its name from the town of Epsom in Surrey, England, where it was originally discovered. Despite its name, Epsom salt is a completely different compound than table salt. It was most likely termed “salt” because of its chemical structure.

She looks super happy with that epsom! Thanks for including the dosing strength. I like using epsom as part of a foliar spray. I do soil drenches but very little. As @Emilya mentioned, it doesn't take much to cause an issue. I have caused issues in my veggie garden but thankfully it was not too horrible since I had backup plants. I'm all about 1/4 or 1/2 strength doses for plants now. I would rather be safe than sorry.

I always thought epsom was a salt too, and objected to adding it to plants until I understood more about what it does. It's still not a good idea to put a lot of it in your soil, because too much Mg can cause severe lockouts of other elements, but rest assured it is not salt.
Here from the web:
It's a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It gets its name from the town of Epsom in Surrey, England, where it was originally discovered. Despite its name, Epsom salt is a completely different compound than table salt. It was most likely termed “salt” because of its chemical structure.
That’s a great piece of info and I hadn’t even considered that it wasn’t actually salt of some kind. Makes sense now that we talk about it. Magnesium sulfate and sodium chloride are very different indeed, though they look a little bit alike.

I did go fairly light on the dose, I was only going to water with it that once- it got about 1/4 gallon at 1 TBSP/gallon dose. The rest I will give to my other plants ;)

The need for magnesium is an important one.
I always try to keep this in mind.

The most important role of magnesium is as the central atom in the chlorophyll molecule. Chlorophyll is the pigment that gives plants their green color and carries out the process of photosynthesis. It also aids in the activation of many plant enzymes needed for growth and contributes to protein synthesis.
Source: pthorticulture

The green seems like it’s coming back, or at the very least the yellowing has subsided for now.

Day 44
89382DFC-7D8C-4581-B0ED-BDEAA692E55B.jpeg
I believe we have turned a corner, she’s responding well and looks happier.

Nice! Yeah, she looks a bit better.

What's in the water jug? It looks like a yummy concoction of microbe food.
It certainly is- Real Growers Recharge. A smorgasbord for the roots ;)

Back
Top Bottom