420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

Wow, didn't know about this stuff. I want some! :Rasta:
I thought I might be shamed for using soil with fertilizer in it :rofl: I never even paid that any mind.
I get better results with this than Black Gold organic or G&B Blue ribbon which I used for quite a while. There must not be much in it, or it just gets depleted fast enough not to matter. I definitely have decreased my end dose of MC and had better results, this could be a partial explanation. But- the foxtailing in my last GSC grow could also be related (I think mostly it was too close to the lights) now I’m thinking about all the what-if’s lol.
I am going to start just a little light on the geoflora nutes though, since @InTheShed got me thinking about it now.

I thought I might be shamed for using soil with fertilizer in it :rofl: I never even paid that any mind.
I get better results with this than Black Gold organic or G&B Blue ribbon which I used for quite a while. There must not be much in it, or it just gets depleted fast enough not to matter. I definitely have decreased my end dose of MC and had better results, this could be a partial explanation. But- the foxtailing in my last GSC grow could also be related (I think mostly it was too close to the lights) now I’m thinking about all the what-if’s lol.
I am going to start just a little light on the geoflora nutes though, since @InTheShed got me thinking about it now.
I got a bag of this the other day. I think it might be similar.

motherearth.jpg

And I am very offended I had to gate crash this party by climbing over the back fence due to not being formally invited.
I tagged ya, I promise! But for some reason you and GDB's name were merged on the original post, and only he got notified. Glad you're here!
There's no coco in the US version of what Justin's got though. This is the list for ProMix Potting Mix:

Ingredients:
Canadian sphagnum peat moss
Peat humus
Coir / coconut fibre (Canada only)
Polymer Gel (USA only)
Perlite
Limestone
Controlled release fertilizer
Mycorrhizae - PTB297 Technology
My last bag said Canada on it (this new one does not) and this new one is really chunky and dry. The last stuff was super fine and no clumps at all.

A pink bag? Haven't seen that one yet. I use the all-purpose in the black and blue bale. It's the Canadian version with no extra nutes added.
I think the only difference between ours is the nutes. Everything else looks the same.

Edit: mine also has yellow on the bag.

I'm in! All my outside grows are with promix. Never check ph and get amazing results. Also in the market for a new light as I'm inside from now on due to unconsiderate neighbors.

Let's see what that puppy can do

Doing a photo, new nutes and a new light??? What did you do with 13Goody13 haha.

I'm in for this ride!!!
If I get too comfy I might get lazy, good to change it up.
I grew photos for many years, but for some reason this one is slightly intimidating after a year of autos lol.
She’s not dead yet, though!
2BAB34BD-68E4-4468-885B-A03F23F5C364.jpeg

Once she’s ready to up pot, her 5g GeoPot will be waiting.
EE36CBF3-7281-4CD5-8335-1DA1D175EEE2.jpeg
I’ve already added the @GeoFlora Nutrients GROW to the soil at the rate they recommend, and can also use it as a top dress as needed.
C4F1AC74-362E-41BA-9CC9-35D95F243368.jpeg
it’s definitely meant to blend right in and disappear, pretty interesting looking
7629B7D5-6B29-4554-A98F-0BF3BB6070A9.jpeg

This nutrient system is all new to me, so hopefully we can learn something together.

I try to do the same mix but reverse the peat moss with coco the damage the peat soil mixes are doing to the planet is out of control , its better to try reuse your old mixes , its a bit scary when your being organic but still causing problems unknowingly

Damaged peatlands contribute about 10% of greenhouse gas emissions from the land use sector. CO2 emissions from drained peatlands are estimated at 1.3 gigatonnes of CO2 annually. This is equivalent to 5.6% of global anthropogenic CO2 emissions.

it’s definitely meant to blend right in and disappear, pretty interesting looking
Not.

When used as a top-feed it doesn't disappear but stays right on top of the soil. I'm not scientific so I don't know how it works. I guess watering it causing the good stuff to go into the soil and subsequent watering causes more to be released (subsequently). But it does not dissolve or disappear!

Please let me know if yours does 'cause that means I'm doing something wrong! :Rasta:

Not.

When used as a top-feed it doesn't disappear but stays right on top of the soil. I'm not scientific so I don't know how it works. I guess watering it causing the good stuff to go into the soil and subsequent watering causes more to be released (subsequently). But it does not dissolve or disappear!

Please let me know if yours does 'cause that means I'm doing something wrong! :Rasta:
Haha- no I just meant it was soil colored and I can’t see it in there now that it’s blended in.

Looks like it’s dusted with the nutes and they time release

Hi @Justin Goody!!!!

Sorry I'm late, busy in the kitchen :love:
Thanks for the tag. I'm in.

Hey oddly enough I just read a link with someone growing in fabric pots (I have never) but he mentioned folding down the lip of your
Pot to soil level to allow maximum air flow for the seedling, then unfold as it grows above the inch of the folded lip.

Love how you set up your journal. Great job!
:hug:

So many products that look similar.
Not.

I'm considering it mulch as well as feed as it keeps my roots protected from the light and moisture in.

I try to do the same mix but reverse the peat moss with coco the damage the peat soil mixes are doing to the planet is out of control , its better to try reuse your old mixes , its a bit scary when your being organic but still causing problems unknowingly

Damaged peatlands contribute about 10% of greenhouse gas emissions from the land use sector. CO2 emissions from drained peatlands are estimated at 1.3 gigatonnes of CO2 annually. This is equivalent to 5.6% of global anthropogenic CO2 emissions.
I used to re-use soil (with mixed results) but that was before I used MC. With MC and now these nutes, seems like they will be depleted enough to reuse the soil, no problem. I will start doing that because otherwise it’s a pretty big waste every 70-80 days. Thanks Nutty!

Back
Top Bottom