Looking great. Outdoor looks fascinating and terrifying at the same time. One day I’ll give it a try. 👏👏👏🤙 keep up the good work!!
I started outdoors and one of the things I had to get used to indoors was how sensitive the indoor plants are.
Like starting seeds!
I give a seed the perfect germination environment, and instead it either just sits there or rots.
A few seeds fall off my outdoor plant, and they're popping up in April! They got snowed on and didn't care.
Ain't it the truth, Slap! The outdoor thing gives big rewards at the expense of a bit of sanity! At least that's the way I see it. So many what-ifs. :)
A good reason to do both.
Last year was great!
This year? Not so much.
But I've got my hempy experiment indoors, and my plan for a comparative grow this winter, so no chance of running out.
I have never grown indoors but what I see is a lot more what if. So many things you have to control in an indoors grow, one of the biggest is the lights. The % you are going to have them on how high from the plant the heat generated by the light, fan's filters and on and on. Someday I will try an indoor grow but before that happens, I will need a lot of equipment. I have a light that may work for my first plant.
Indoors can be a lot of fun once you get used to it. I started without a lot of the equipment other growers use. A lot of stuff isn't really necessary, but can be helpful.
Yeah, Keith, there's a lot to control in an indoor grow but the grower does have the means to control them. Nothing outdoor guys can do about storms, super-high humidity, high winds, excess heat or cold. And, you guys face a far higher risk from critters, both bugs and four-legged ones.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try an outside grow. I just think it would be a lot more stressful for me than an indoor grow! And in the end, I'm nearly certain someone would rip me off for my plant. :straightface:
You do have less control, but there are ways to deal with most problems.
And a security camera helps too.
Indoor grows can be as simple or complex as you can afford. Both methods can produce top shelf herb.
🤙
Yep!
I try to keep my indoor grows as simple as I can, aside from training.
And sometimes I don't train them, especially if it's a strain I haven't grown before.
I keep hearing about people getting or fear of getting ripped off. That sucks and it could happen to me, so I hope I never have to go through that. I have really cool neighbors and I have lived in the neighborhood for over 40 years. My son was born and raised here so I know all the kids and now their kids. If I ever do get ripped off, they better know how to keep their mouths shut. Now I just took a couple hits off my vape pen. No more negative shit.
Yeah. It happened to me too. But not in the last few years.
One obvious security camera, and a couple hard to see ones will usually solve that problem.

I put up a security camera and somebody stole it. :)

That's what the hard to see ones are for.
Lol, you ever see the vid of the guy stealing one of those doorbell cams?
Guess he didn't know that the footage is stored remotely!

Thanks Keith!
I'm surprised with a lot of the crimes people attempt because cameras are everywhere! 👀

I noticed one bit of Fay was getting some powdery mildew on both the stem and leaves. I thought the buds looked pretty good, so I snipped it as a tester and trimmed off the mildew.

Thanks Keith!

She hasn't given up yet, so neither will I!
Enjoy your tester, it looks sticky!
Indoor grows can be as simple or complex as you can afford. Both methods can produce top shelf herb.
🤙
I grow on a tabletop in my living room and I have grown some tasty herb without the complex tent settup.
I put up a security camera and somebody stole it. :)
Said with a smile lol. Yeah, was thinking that. It would become scrap overnight where I live, without a trace. :)

I cleaned off the camera lens but it didn't help, the pics still look like a Hallmark card.
I'll try to fix it before I take pics for the hempy journal.

Leona- day 115

Fay Wray- day 64
The tester I snipped yesterday smells like berries and garlic as it dries :)

I'm surprised with a lot of the crimes people attempt because cameras are everywhere! 👀
Yep!
Enjoy your tester, it looks sticky!

I grow on a tabletop in my living room and I have grown some tasty herb without the complex tent settup.

Said with a smile lol. Yeah, was thinking that. It would become scrap overnight where I live, without a trace. :)
Thanks Carmen!

Leona- day 116
So it looks like we have a diagnosis on what's happening with Leona: phytoplasma.
She seems to be holding it at bay for now, although she's still pulling from her lower leaves that aren't connected to any budsites.
I'm feeding her a little less at a time now, but twice a day.

Fay Wray- day 65
The leaves that had started to turn purple are dying off, and her upper leaves are starting to change colours now.
Her upper buds have no white stigmas, and the lower buds are finishing up the last of theirs.
Now I'm waiting for the swell unless her tester turns out to be what I'm looking for.

Hey el Beardo!

Buds on fleek bruv! Powdery mildew an all lol
Thanks Tra!

I cleaned off the camera lens but it didn't help, the pics still look like a Hallmark card.
I'll try to fix it before I take pics for the hempy journal.

Leona- day 115

Fay Wray- day 64
The tester I snipped yesterday smells like berries and garlic as it dries :)

Yep!

Thanks Carmen!
Mel even if you had a dirty camera lens your garden is looking really nice as always. :thumb: :peacetwo:

Leona- day 117
No big changes.

Fay Wray- day 66
The powdery mildew seems to have been knocked back.
I'll be vaping the tester tomorrow.

Mel even if you had a dirty camera lens your garden is looking really nice as always. :thumb: :peacetwo:
Thanks Keith!

Good morning el Beardo!

I’m interested in buying a vape. What do you use?
I use the Xmax Starry v3. It's made by @TopGreen Technology (they became sponsors recently).
They now have the v4, which looks pretty similar, just a few more bells and whistles. I like the magnetic top to the chamber and fully adjustable temperature. I've had it for about two and a half years now, and it's still going strong.

Crafty+ but did have a Mighty+ by Storz and Bickel
image.jpg

I use the Xmax Starry v3. It's made by @TopGreen Technology (they became sponsors recently).
They now have the v4, which looks pretty similar, just a few more bells and whistles. I like the magnetic top to the chamber and fully adjustable temperature. I've had it for about two and a half years now, and it's still going strong.
It's great to hear that you've been enjoying our Xmax Starry 3.0 for over two and a half years and that it's still going strong. If you're considering an upgrade or if you have any questions about the new version XMAX STARRY 4, feel free to ask, and I can provide more information or help with any inquiries you may have. :bongrip:

Leona- day 113
The original spots might have stopped spreading. They've slowed way down anyway.
There may be one or two new ones starting, but it's a bit too early to tell.

Fay Wray- day 62
No new spots of rot.

I’ve had my fingers crossed 🤞 for you Mel, happy 😃 2 hear no new spots. CL🍀. :thumb: :circle-of-love:

I can’t believe how brazen some of these people are. 1:00 pm in front of numerous witnesses a group robbed an armored truck in a Chicago suburb. They’ve been robbing them across the City lately. CL🍀 :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Leona- day 118
Looks like one of the spots is slowly growing, but she's still holding her own.

Fay Wray- day 67
A few new white stigmas are appearing here and there. Doesn't look quite like foxtails yet though.
I'm spraying her with lower strength potassium bicarbonate now. I can confirm that it works for powdery mildew.

Crafty+ but did have a Mighty+ by Storz and Bickel
image.jpg
I've heard those are good, but I don't have the cash to spend on one. I think the Mighty is $450 here.
It's great to hear that you've been enjoying our Xmax Starry 3.0 for over two and a half years and that it's still going strong. If you're considering an upgrade or if you have any questions about the new version XMAX STARRY 4, feel free to ask, and I can provide more information or help with any inquiries you may have. :bongrip:
Thanks!
I'm still smashing on my Pax 2. Does the job perfectly day after day, super easy to clean and battery's lasts a decent time.
The chamber is a little large and you get a half pack item at extra but it's reliable and my go too.

20230906_120044.jpg
How's the temperature control?
I’ve had my fingers crossed 🤞 for you Mel, happy 😃 2 hear no new spots. CL🍀. :thumb: :circle-of-love:
Thanks Cap!
I can’t believe how brazen some of these people are. 1:00 pm in front of numerous witnesses a group robbed an armored truck in a Chicago suburb. They’ve been robbing them across the City lately. CL🍀 :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom