Damn Mel, sorry about that mold in there. :( Was it all over or just one area you can pluck out?
It was an entire end bud on one of her branches, but I'm seeing spots where individual bracts have died, in multiple spots around the plant.
I would say it's not looking good for potassium bicarbonate as a budrot preventive, except I haven't been regularly spraying, and every time I did spray the rain washed it off within 24 hours.
It's certainly not a cure.
With the hempy grow going I decided to cut her down now. The tester was good, and she had some time to mature after that.
I'm definitely going to grow out the rest of the seeds I have from this strain, just indoors.
She was getting some interesting reds in the suspicious spots though, and I'd like to find out if they're caused by the mould, or genetics. Maybe they're a usual part of the full maturation.

Well shit, Mel!
I sure hope that crap stays away from Leona!😠

Sorry to hear about the bud rot, Mel. I'm sorry I missed your entire grow. Leona looks good. When's her projected harvest date?

Well shit, Mel!
I sure hope that crap stays away from Leona!😠
Thanks Carcass.
I hope so too!
Sorry to hear about the bud rot, Mel. I'm sorry I missed your entire grow. Leona looks good. When's her projected harvest date?
Thanks HG.
Last time I grew this strain I harvested around October 6th I think.
But that plant had buds forming by August 3rd.
Both of those dates are a tiny bit shaky, as I didn't write it down.
So that would be 61 days after first actual buds, including stretch around 75 days.
This one took weeks longer to start buds, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with her. Unless she progresses through flower a lot faster than usual she'll probably be a late October harvest, if she makes it that long.
Until the possible phytoplasma diagnosis I planned to put her in the 2x4 tent, but it's extremely contagious and I don't want to contaminate the tent. Not to mention I'm supposed to start my winter grow on October 15th with a new light.
We'll see what happens.

She's really putting on a show now, Mel!

So glad she made it through. :Rasta:

She's really putting on a show now, Mel!

So glad she made it through. :Rasta:
Thanks GDB, I'm glad she's still pushing along, and I hope I can let her finish strong!
The weather may be gloomy but your Lemonchello Haze plant is looking great!
Thanks Carmen!
WooHoo Mel! I've been missing a treat!
Thanks StoneOtter, and welcome!
Grow in wheelbarrows and build a shelter?
Keeping them dry goes a long way in delaying the fungi business..
I was thinking of building a version of the wheeled planters that @greenjeans uses, but I didn't get around to it this year.
Unfortunately a shelter just isn't in the cards back there.

Buds are building. She doesn't have much scent yet, except when I tend to her and brush up against the buds.
Then she has a strong lemon scent with traces of garlic and sulphur. I find it interesting that the garlic/sulphur scent is stronger on the stem rubs than from the buds themselves.

Leona- day 126

Just spotted a set of stigmas turning brown, but not like the ones damaged by the potassium bicarbonate spray.
Hopefully that means she's getting ready to move on into late flower.
She's still pulling resources from the lowest and largest fan leaves, the ones that aren't directly attached to any budsites. If she moves on to any that are directly supplying buds I'll have to adjust her nutes.

Leona- day 128

Leona has really blossomed over the last week or so!
Almost like she caught sight of the calendar!

Just spotted a set of stigmas turning brown, but not like the ones damaged by the potassium bicarbonate spray.
Hopefully that means she's getting ready to move on into late flower.
She's still pulling resources from the lowest and largest fan leaves, the ones that aren't directly attached to any budsites. If she moves on to any that are directly supplying buds I'll have to adjust her nutes.

This sentence stood out to me. What does this mean exactly? Does it mean buds are falling off like the leaves are? And, if that is what it means, why do you think it's happening and how would you correct your nutes to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom