This sentence stood out to me. What does this mean exactly? Does it mean buds are falling off like the leaves are? And, if that is what it means, why do you think it's happening and how would you correct your nutes to fix it?
I did some lollipopping on her, but when removing some of the lower budsites that would have produced larf, I left the fan leaves. That way if a nutrient problem occurred I would have enough leaves to show it before it damaged the buds.
On the other hand, when I get to late flower the plant often drops the leaves that aren't directly supplying energy to the buds.
Judging from the appearance of the leaves it looks more like the latter is happening.
If it does progress further than that it means I need to feed her more. She's already at 1.5g per litre of MC, so I don't think that's the case.

I did some lollipopping on her, but when removing some of the lower budsites that would have produced larf, I left the fan leaves. That way if a nutrient problem occurred I would have enough leaves to show it before it damaged the buds.
On the other hand, when I get to late flower the plant often drops the leaves that aren't directly supplying energy to the buds.
Judging from the appearance of the leaves it looks more like the latter is happening.
If it does progress further than that it means I need to feed her more. She's already at 1.5g per litre of MC, so I don't think that's the case.
Mel, please take a look at my Parmesan flowers and tell me if you'd call time or give them more? I'm worried about my buds being damaged.

Mel, please take a look at my Parmesan flowers and tell me if you'd call time or give them more? I'm worried about my buds being damaged.
I can't really tell.
The closest I've come to your situation is when I had the contaminated soil last winter. I harvested before the buds could be in danger.
It comes down to whether you feel you're in the harvest window, and how much benefit you think you'll get from letting them continue.
What does your gut tell you?

I can't really tell.
The closest I've come to your situation is when I had the contaminated soil last winter. I harvested before the buds could be in danger.
It comes down to whether you feel you're in the harvest window, and how much benefit you think you'll get from letting them continue.
What does your gut tell you?
Thank you Mel. I think the plant is ready.

Buds are building. She doesn't have much scent yet, except when I tend to her and brush up against the buds.
Then she has a strong lemon scent with traces of garlic and sulphur. I find it interesting that the garlic/sulphur scent is stronger on the stem rubs than from the buds themselves.

Leona- day 126

hey MH hope you don't mind if i pop in yeah i'm always late & for some reason i find myself reading lots of journals backwards but your plants look good & if theres a way to F up replys i'll find a way Lol

hey MH hope you don't mind if i pop in yeah i'm always late & for some reason i find myself reading lots of journals backwards but your plants look good & if theres a way to F up replys i'll find a way Lol
Welcome con!
I'm betting there's at least a month left on her!

She's still building.
Leona- day 129

That’s very cool, “Canary Leaves”
I wish I could claim credit for the idea, but I've seen mentioned a few times around here.
I think @Grand Daddy Black did it recently.

IMG_6148.jpeg

He thinks so too! 😄

Hi Melli!!!

Sorry to hear about the couple bud rot spots, this is sooo scary to me! You outdoor growers are tough as nails. I bring in my Bubblegum when I see humidity over 75% lol I'm so scared. Sure you will get some banger smoke from the GG even if she was pulled early. I wanted to see those colors come through but you as always, made the right call and are on the ball!

Buuuuut your Chello is just fire! I am so stoked for you to finish her off and I can't wait to see the harvest on that gem of yours!!!

Still 99.9% white stigmas.
Yellowing of lower leaves has slowed down now that most of the remaining fans are supporting buds.

Leona- day 130

And some of you might find this interesting, here are the roots of two of the plants I've harvested so far.
Airmid, the CBD Lemon auto on the left, and Fay Wray, the Gorilla auto on the right.

Desdemona (Dark Devil auto) isn't here because there's fungus all over her stump (makes sense, that soil had a lot of compost) and it's kind of gross. I didn't really want to touch it.

Hi Melli!!!

Sorry to hear about the couple bud rot spots, this is sooo scary to me! You outdoor growers are tough as nails. I bring in my Bubblegum when I see humidity over 75% lol I'm so scared. Sure you will get some banger smoke from the GG even if she was pulled early. I wanted to see those colors come through but you as always, made the right call and are on the ball!

Buuuuut your Chello is just fire! I am so stoked for you to finish her off and I can't wait to see the harvest on that gem of yours!!!
Thanks Krissi!
I'll be posting a weight for the Gorilla auto as soon as she's ready to put in the jars. I'm really hoping we'll get to see some colours from the indoor version when it comes back up in the lineup!
We'll see if the weather here lets Leona finish up fully 🤞

Whoops!

She is on her way. Looks good. I am in the same boat 4-5 weeks to go. :peace:
Hopefully we both get the weather we need!
Shed is pretty good at lower yellow leaves too!(whilst growing epic plants!) Been keeping the reason why secret all this time, eh? 😅
Thanks Nick!
Always good to have a calling card!
Good point, although I think I'll try to come up with a different one!
IMG_6148.jpeg

He thinks so too! 😄
Yeaaaah, different from his too!

Nice day out.

Leona- day 131

I’m glad someone is having some nice weather. It’s been cool n raining here lately but everyday I look 👀 @ the forest it’s 80s n sunny but then they keep changing it. The last time I looked it said tomorrow but we’ll see. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom