A Random Discussion From VIVOSUN, Let Us Know Your Perspectives

I love having the viewing window. Especially in RDWC, I don't need to open the tent to feed my ladies. Sometimes, I'll just peek through the window to see how they're doing.

The window in my Vivosun 5x5 is a good size, I wouldn't want it any larger.

Do you think having a viewing window is essential? If so, do you prefer a small or large viewing window? 👀👂
I don’t think 🤔 it’s essential because being made of plastic it’s not a clear enuff to make a difference to me. My buck 2 fitty. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley: Edit: but I don’t have a Vivosun so maybe yours is better.

No, I don't see the point of a window
If I want to be able to peek, I will leave the two zippers at the top so I can open up just a couple of inches, but I've been growing long enough to not need to see if my plants have grown another millimetre or two
Velcro is horrible clunky stuff - a silent soft zip and yeah, now we're talking innovation
Many zips are very coarse and sound like a chainsaw, which isn't great when you need to open up the tent for maintenance

I've got a 4x4. I don't really use the viewing window either and I'm also not a fan of the velcro.
The windows on the side though however are useful for harvesting plants in the back of the tent.
That's especially convenient when you're growing with a net.

Do you think having a viewing window is essential? If so, do you prefer a small or large viewing window? 👀👂
A viewing window is a terrible idea in a flowering tent were darkness is key less potential light leaks.. Perfect for a veg tent. And personally I have never removed my cover since the day it was installed. So it stays light proof as it can be.

A viewing window is a terrible idea in a flowering tent were darkness is key less potential light leaks.. Perfect for a veg tent. And personally I have never removed my cover since the day it was installed. So it stays light proof as it can be.
You pretty much need to open the door anyway to put the thing back on properly. :laughtwo:

The window is great and a perfect size for the tent.
However. Although it is very minimal, light penetration is of a small concern. This could easily be corrected with a larger window shade where the velcro attaches to the tent. Maybe have a 1 inch overlap instead of 1/2. The velcro works good as it is, it doesn't need more. Just more overlap on the exterior window.
20231107_234842.jpg

@VIVOSUN

I personally feel like the windows are useless, unless you are running 4x8 or larger. I hate any form of Velcro. Any seam or zipper should be double flap to block light in and out. I think access is important, some quite, smooth zippers are 100% essential. It also would be nice to see something new.....like something other than black standard tent. Maybe like leopard print, pot leafs, or even standard white color on the outside of the tents. Most of us live with the tents In our homes or other personal spaces......

IMO, windows like this are bad for a couple of reasons. As has been mentioned, light leaks will always be a problem because, let's face it, most of us aren't going to spend time trying to get it perfectly sealed when we open it to peak in.

Having a window like that promotes helicoptering your grow.

If you're too lazy to unzip your tent enough for you to get a peak inside you probably are too lazy to grow weed correctly.

Better heavy duty zippers with a seal piece like they do with skiing apparel to keep light leaks from happening would be a better improvement IMO.

Heavier duty bar frames and more roof poles. Hanging gear is getting heavier and more plentiful. I know you sell them for 5 x 5's separately, but I would prefer that they be included in the kit even if it's a little more expensive.

Horizontal poles as an option for either better bracing of the frame and/or to hang your SCROG net off of. I have a 5 x 5 that I made horizontal poles to hang my scrog net off of. Mars sells them but they've been out of stock for a while. I used some EMT and some PEX clips to mount them to the corner poles.

Some sort of mounting system on the walls of the tent to mount things like fans and stuff.

These are the areas I would look at if you want to improve your tents and be different from all the other tent manufacturers.

12012023.jpg

I don't use the window, I have cameras in the tent. I agree with adding bars and places to mount gear. A small supprt-bar-clipped shelf would be spectacular - to set my camera on, or my fan. Fans and cameras work best at adjustable heights, to follow the plant thru height changes, I just need a 5"x5" square to set them on. I built multiple pads to set them on in my wooden grow-box, but my tent is lacking.

Back
Top Bottom