A SIP Grower's Guide To The Galaxy

Bubblegum is dry enough to smoke, so I smoked some. I had already pulled on the one hitter twice with some aged primo, so my smoke report is tainted. I am gassed up like an '85 Ford pickup though, and my eyes are no good to me right now, but hitting a new strain can do that the first time. I'll sesh again in the morning with a fresh brain and see what it do, then return with paydirt.
I will say this... that drought baby. Droughted weed will blow your fucking hairpiece and shoes clean off! My ears are ringing and my stomach is bangin a drum. I'm gonna go find a fork and wrestle something into my stomach with it while I watch 'Patton'. (George C Scott's best performance... if you don't count Dr. Strangelove)
Stay breezy friends!

Is there a Slartibartfast strain?

How do you manage to drought the SIP?
I tried with mine but no go, I think mainly because my pot size was probably a bit too large for the scrog I'm doing, she didn't explore the soil much but mainly drank at the water channel so when the res remained empty she still had loads of moist soil to work with.
I've reused the soil for the current grow as most of it looked & smelled like it came fresh out of the bag.
I need smaller pots or way bigger plants if want to be able to drought I think.
And it is a practice that I'd very much like to apply as there is a noticeable difference.
With smartpots it was easy.

Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol?!

Or maybe a slightly different watering strategy.

I only give the plants enough water that they will drink in a day or two rather than keeping the reservoir full all the time. This means there are often periods where the reservoir is empty so the roots explore the container more. Makes it easier to drought when the time comes (usually about week 7 in an 8-10 week strain).

Is there a Slartibartfast strain?

How do you manage to drought the SIP?
I tried with mine but no go, I think mainly because my pot size was probably a bit too large for the scrog I'm doing, she didn't explore the soil much but mainly drank at the water channel so when the res remained empty she still had loads of moist soil to work with.
I've reused the soil for the current grow as most of it looked & smelled like it came fresh out of the bag.
And it is a practice that I'd very much like to apply as there is a noticeable difference.
With smartpots it was easy.

Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol?!
We cannot Allow a Mineshaft Gap!!

I add a shit load of perlite and I never top water after the uppot into the big SIP, so the top 2 inches of dirt is dry as dust. That helps.
Once you are in flower and she's drinking a measurable amount of water each day you can roughly gauge how long it would take to drain the reservoir and then the soil. My soil holds about a quart of water per gallon of dirt when it's fully saturated, and my plants usually drink a gallon of water a day in flower. So 12 gallons of my dirt would have almost 3 gallons of water in it and take 3 days to fully dry out after the reservoir went dry. Caveman math, but it's effective.

Or maybe a slightly different watering strategy.

I only give the plants enough water that they will drink in a day or two rather than keeping the reservoir full all the time. This means there are often periods where the reservoir is empty so the roots explore the container more. Makes it easier to drought when the time comes (usually about week 7 in an 8-10 week strain).
^^^ This ^^^^
Just because the reservoir Can hold 5 gallons of water, doesn't mean that it Should. The only time I ever filled my reservoir to overflow was before I took a week vacation and I was 3 weeks into flower. Keep the reservoir half full and when it goes dry you'll only have a day or two before she soaks up what's in the dirt. I refuse to skip the drought. Reading Martimer's enthusiastic explanations made me try it on a clone grow and the difference was stupid. The clone had twice the kick of the mother plant.

These broads are completely untrained and have no manners, I'm working to correct this. They'll be bent and trained for the next week to get them bushy, then I'll flip em like flapjacks!! 13/11 till the finish line! Before I flip I have to dismantle the lighting situation and install my new S-Farmer lights. They should help add some beef to the buds!

20230605_211406.jpg

20230605_211401.jpg

...and like a ghastly rapid river, thru the pale door. A hideous throng rush out forever, and laugh, but smile no more.

The flood gates are open friends, and we've gone to flower. Strapped, trimmed, fed, ready for the spotlight. Took off about 30 leaves and some undergrowth, including the lower most branches. No bussload of fucking larf this time, I'm sticking to it! I'm not gonna spend another 5 hours in trim jail.
Let's not mention my unsanctioned yet picturesque mulch, it gets folks riled up. Love the smell of cedar in the morning.

I pressed some Bubblegum, stuff is not for the bird chested, it'll fold you up like a lawn chair. My eyes hurt just from being round instead of almond shaped and I'm pretty sure the TV has been on the cable screen-saver for 20 minutes. I have better things to do than zone out, I just don't have the ability.
I dried this batch of weed more than usual and pressed thru a 25mi bag at 170°, rosin came out perfect ‐ blonde, easy to pickup, and free of contamination. :Rasta:The yield was relatively 2/3 of what I usually get thru a 90mi bag at 180° though... so there's that.
I'm gonna grab 3 hours of sleep real quick.
Stay breezy friends!

20230611_011433.jpg

20230611_011450.jpg

20230611_011441.jpg

20230611_011443.jpg

20230611_013633.jpg

20230611_013724.jpg

20230611_013727.jpg

Still treading water...

Made a mistake spraying a neem preventative and burned some leaves, got spots like a cheetah now. Battle scars. I chop off atleast 20 leaves every day, doesn't seem to matter though. No real stretch yet, still waiting for the growth spurt.
Time for work, stay breezy friends!

20230614_004934.jpg

20230614_004937.jpg

20230614_004945.jpg

20230614_004951.jpg

I chop off 20-30 leaves almost every day, but in the morning - it's a bush again. The Columbian is always neon on the top leaves, not sure why, she's getting plenty of nitro and nutes. Leaves aren't cupping and no new-growth deformities from it, maybe it's all good? I'm gonna give her a foliar bath with some chelated iron and nitro to see if it clears up, if not, fuck it. Let it ride!
Stay breezy friends!

20230620_202139.jpg

20230620_202128.jpg

Happy Wednesday! Loving these sips! Raspberry cough, eight weeks in flower yesterday. :hookah:
Ward

IMG_1920.jpeg
You got a jungle in there big dog! That Bucket Tech has been treating you good, what are you feeding those girls?

I basically defoliated with a weed eater. No one gets to keep their leaves this time, we're running a 'one fan leaf' maximum at the canopy. I'm going hard with the shears just to prove I can be stern with these broads. No more 5 hour trim jobs for me baby! I'm over that shit. I want sunlight deep down to her core.
Check those pistols poppin, we're in flower!
Let the fun begin!

20230624_231741.jpg

20230624_231757.jpg

20230624_231820.jpg

20230624_231832.jpg

20230624_231849.jpg

20230624_231854.jpg

Looking light and cheetah spots look more like ca mg lack blocking n , if you pray ca like grazers g3 2ca they wil go dark green overnight and cheetah marks wil disappear though in flower it’s harder ca is meant to be absorbed in veg
Could be the wood chips locking up some n also throw some worm cast tea in and will glow better

Looking light and cheetah spots look more like ca mg lack blocking n , if you pray ca like grazers g3 2ca they wil go dark green overnight and cheetah marks wil disappear though in flower it’s harder ca is meant to be absorbed in veg
Could be the wood chips locking up some n also throw some worm cast tea in and will glow better
I give her all of the juices big dog. Nothing changes the color. Even hit it with a nitro foliar to see if she wanted a nute bath. No love. She's just yellow for the hell of it.

It was a perfect boat day... until torrential rains came sweeping in 4 hours before the fireworks. It's all good though, it was an adventure.
I got home, caught a good buzz, and trimmed the hell out of my plants. I wasn't kidding when I said "no one gets to keep their fan leaves". Far more chop chop than I'm accustomed to, but there's no turning back now. Even got up under their skirts and cleared the fuzz.
Happy Independence weekend friends!
(Bonus pic of my morning vegetable haul from the garden)

20230702_021315.jpg

20230702_021334.jpg

20230702_021358.jpg

20230702_021402.jpg

20230702_021423.jpg

20230702_021427.jpg

20230701_081927.jpg

I give her all of the juices big dog. Nothing changes the color. Even hit it with a nitro foliar to see if she wanted a nute bath. No love. She's just yellow for the hell of it.
Spent months tryna fix a plant doing this please don’t tell me she was fine haha ..nah no she wasn’t eventually I found I sprayed her with g3 for pests which is ca o and and another ca and the fucker went green she then wanted more chicken shit , I found out she wanted double the feed the others lol and loads more ca like shit tons more than others she is a sensitive shit it’s a white rhino serious seeds she has such a demand I can’t wait to get rid of it lol

Spent months tryna fix a plant doing this please don’t tell me she was fine haha ..nah no she wasn’t eventually I found I sprayed her with g3 for pests which is ca o and and another ca and the fucker went green she then wanted more chicken shit , I found out she wanted double the feed the others lol and loads more ca like shit tons more than others she is a sensitive shit it’s a white rhino serious seeds she has such a demand I can’t wait to get rid of it lol
Now that she's growing buds, I'm hesitant to go foliar with chems, and she shares a SIP with her sister - so I also don't want to throw in enough sauce to burn her sibling. It's a tough situation.
I've been kicking around the idea of a high strength top-watering, just at the base of the Columbian Gold, but haven't put it into action. Hahaha. I've had so much work piling up at the boat shop that I haven't had time to do anything but water and occasionally trim.
I always appreciate advice from other growers though. I'll amazon up that G3 and see what its all about. Even if it doesn't hit this Columbian's leaves, I may still keep it as an ace in the hole for future plants that are going blonde.
You say it's a pest spray that's loaded with calcium?

Now that she's growing buds, I'm hesitant to go foliar with chems, and she shares a SIP with her sister - so I also don't want to throw in enough sauce to burn her sibling. It's a tough situation.
I've been kicking around the idea of a high strength top-watering, just at the base of the Columbian Gold, but haven't put it into action. Hahaha. I've had so much work piling up at the boat shop that I haven't had time to do anything but water and occasionally trim.
I always appreciate advice from other growers though. I'll amazon up that G3 and see what its all about. Even if it doesn't hit this Columbian's leaves, I may still keep it as an ace in the hole for future plants that are going blonde.
You say it's a pest spray that's loaded with calcium?
It’s a natural peat repellant by boosting brix via ca loading the plant keeps cabbage moth off too

They have 3 of them the g3 is the strongest others are weaker versions .
I’ve decompiled it and can make it myself it’s basically a mix of quick lime cooked and another ca in water literally just ca

As a dude said on the botany site to allow the transportation of potassium in flower to maximize the effects of it and boost plants you must first load ca , but this must be done in veg and stopped in flower,
Calcium stops blossom end rot bud rot etc when you see that rot you know your ca is shot,
The calcium allows transportation of nutrients and helps their movement, the ca sprayed is leaf only it doesn’t apply to roots ofc I use gypsum there, that’s a option you could harness as it doesn’t alter ph , but the sulphur in gypsum adds to terpines and is in slot of flower blends as I can see,

But yes grazers g3 is crazy I got it for garden moth but when I researched slownicle and calcium he has a lot on it from rooting cuttings madly to all problems he basically fixes with calcium lol

So I had spider mites and heard they spray them with ca too so I blasted it with ca and literally next day that 1 plant went green as fk everything went dark green and growth and un paused and I’ve had to trim it all it got massive in days all since ca
So I give it a blast on my cuttings they rooted green
I sprayed my baby plants they went dark green from pale lol
I sprayed some roots and left some roots and it made them root up hard too haha I am laughing cause google the ingredients you can make it so easily

But I bought one to compare my product to as I always do I am addicted to reverse engineering

Back
Top Bottom