Highya Carmen,

Love the training job on your two autos. Each is different but right looking for each one. Very nice job! I had to laugh looking at the blueberry auto, remembering what you said about her tentacles! Happy Smokin'

Happy Monday folks,

Status update:

Chocodope

I continue to work on opening this plant up. It's as if it is growing tentacles, not branches. It's another pretty little thing. I wonder if it will remain under lights or be relegated to the outside garden. I'm not happy to use electricity to grow mini plants.

The Blueberry may need both lights on its own, depending how big it gets.

Blueberry

Blueberry lost a branch today. I was adjusting hooks and a third level branch snapped off. At first I thought I'd try and graft it back and then I thought I don't want the plant putting energy in repairing a branch when it could be building others, so I cut the branch off properly. It's unlikely it would have healed in any event. Something to try on a vegging plant maybe.

She is well trained and looking good, be she behaves. ;):welldone:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

His Globe is pretty cool as well.
😍
Highya Carmen,

Love the training job on your two autos. Each is different but right looking for each one. Very nice job! I had to laugh looking at the blueberry auto, remembering what you said about her tentacles! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode. That Blueberry is a little long in the internodes. It's a challenge keeping those two dominant branches from going apical. I'm bending the main stem to do it. The Chocodope reminds me of working with a reveg, constantly opening it up and exposing branches and flowers to light. I am happy with progress in both too :)
She is well trained and looking good, be she behaves. ;):welldone:
Thank you Bill! So far neither one has given me anything to stress about :)
Hope everything is going well my friend.
It's summer and that always brings a ray of sunshine :)
Take care. :passitleft:
You too my friend, thank you.

When the RR1 plant is harvested in a couple of weeks hours
FTFY :)
So far neither one has given me anything to stress about
I can certainly see why even GDB would find this a serenity grow!
(flower was delayed by topping by about 8 days)
Unfortunately there's no way to prove the hypothesis that topping delays flowering in autos since we can't run clones to test it. I can tell you that I topped my Le Creme CBG auto as soon as I saw pistils and it said IDGAF!

Lol! Yes, I honestly didn't expect all that amber.
I can certainly see why even GDB would find this a serenity grow!
:green_heart:
Unfortunately there's no way to prove the hypothesis that topping delays flowering in autos since we can't run clones to test it. I can tell you that I topped my Le Creme CBG auto as soon as I saw pistils and it said IDGAF!
I know, but a few people have anecdotal experience that it does, and there are always going to be exceptions to the rule. I feel as if it does delay flowering if I snip at first site of pistils but no way to prove it, you're quite right. Thanks for that, I probably shouldn't make a statement I can't back up!

I've topped a plant before. Many in my early years of growing. I never got the big hoopla over it. I found the plant has the ability to give me more without slowing her progress or removing a potential bud sites. Ya simply bend her over and let nature do it's thing..and it will without any damage to the plant.
I see folks chop the top out of plants and just cringle. Sure, ya get a few bud sites out of the deal..so what. Bend her over and get a dozen.....again, without damage.

A method of debate till the end of time..lol A gardener is presented with many options. All paths lead to bud in the jar. We learn from each other and share our ways of doing things. We will never all agree so somehow we find a way to agree to disagree.

I've topped a plant before. Many in my early years of growing. I never got the big hoopla over it. I found the plant has the ability to give me more without slowing her progress or removing a potential bud sites. Ya simply bend her over and let nature do it's thing..and it will without any damage to the plant.
I see folks chop the top out of plants and just cringle. Sure, ya get a few bud sites out of the deal..so what. Bend her over and get a dozen.....again, without damage.

A method of debate till the end of time..lol A gardener is presented with many options. All paths lead to bud in the jar. We learn from each other and share our ways of doing things. We will never all agree so somehow we find a way to agree to disagree.
I top because I have tried the alternative and it isn't as effective for my method of training. I need to keep my plants low and flat. I grew a photoperiod plant on the tabletop, bent the trunk over and pulled branches out. It worked but I prefer the topping method for my space. I think most growers adopt and adapt methods that suit their circumstances, so what works for one will not necessarily work for another. I have no qualms about topping, as I have not noticed a negative impact on plants, and I have only had good outcomes myself.

I top because I have tried the alternative and it isn't as effective for my method of training. I need to keep my plants low and flat. I grew a photoperiod plant on the tabletop, bent the trunk over and pulled branches out. It worked but I prefer the topping method for my space. I think most growers adopt and adapt methods that suit their circumstances, so what works for one will not necessarily work for another. I have no qualms about topping, as I have not noticed a negative impact on plants, and I have only had good outcomes myself.
I hear ya. We all do what we feel is right for our situation. I have no big issues with topping it just doesn't fit my style. I keep my canopy flat and wide too.

I hear ya. We all do what we feel is right for our situation. I have no big issues with topping it just doesn't fit my style. I keep my canopy flat and wide too.
I look forward to following your new grow! It will be great to see how you do it.

I took these pics yesterday so that I could give you a status update, so here we are.

Blueberry auto

You can see how much I am needing to bend the main stem here to bring the branches level with one another.

Chocodope auto

I'm disappointed to have another tiny plant in the Chocodope. These little ones really are a bit of a waste of resources to be honest. I might put it outside and dedicate both lights to the Blueberry if that gets any wider. My guess, although there is no proof of this, is that I may have slightly overwatered this plant in the beginning, which may have contributed to stunting its growth. They were both watered the same though, so I don't know. It could just be genetics.

Have a lekker day!

I got nothing on the Chocodope other than autos gonna auto, but if I may make a suggestion on the BBa training:
DSC_7100-Edit.jpg

Push that branch up rather than tying it down. As long as it's lower than the rest it will never get as big, and keeping your lowest branches low is counterproductive.

I got nothing on the Chocodope other than autos gonna auto, but if I may make a suggestion on the BBa training:
DSC_7100-Edit.jpg

Push that branch up rather than tying it down. As long as it's lower than the rest it will never get as big, and keeping your lowest branches low is counterproductive.
This late on a school night! Well I never…

They both look great but yeah that lil one doesn't seem to want to play. All we can do is set the environment, plant the bean, and hope for the best..lol.

I read the other day that this type of thing happens with autos. Even seed from the same batch can grow out different variants in size, color, and shape. None the less autos seem to be a good way to keep a constant harvest going.

I can only go on what I've read about them so far. I have autos going but it's my first run with them. Boring and uneventful at the moment..lol. Hope I don't find a midget in the mix but if I do I'll roll with her just like your doing.

DSC_7100-Edit.jpg

Thank you. It's a constant tweak. In the end my biggest buds seem to be on my second node branches. Do you mean let them go vertical? Won't that just produce popcorn buds on the secondaries? I've untied them for now.
This late on a school night! Well I never…
Yebo Baba.
They both look great but yeah that lil one doesn't seem to want to play. All we can do is set the environment, plant the bean, and hope for the best..lol.
LOL!
I read the other day that this type of thing happens with autos. Even seed from the same batch can grow out different variants in size, color, and shape. None the less autos seem to be a good way to keep a constant harvest going.
My most recent harvest was the second of two Red Russian XXL autos. You couldn't have found two different plants if you tried. The only thing they had in common was purple flowers.
I can only go on what I've read about them so far. I have autos going but it's my first run with them. Boring and uneventful at the moment..lol. Hope I don't find a midget in the mix but if I do I'll roll with her just like your doing.
It's the only way. That, or if you have the beans to spare, cull.

In the end my biggest buds seem to be on my second node branches. Do you mean let them go vertical? Won't that just produce popcorn buds on the secondaries? I've untied them for now.
If it's not level with the canopy when you untied it I mean either push it up from below or attach the wire to the stick and use that to pull it up.

The second node can be a big producer if it's at canopy level. If it's kept lower the plant will always send more of the growth hormones to the flowers above it.

If it's not level with the canopy when you untied it I mean either push it up from below or attach the wire to the stick and use that to pull it up.

The second node can be a big producer if it's at canopy level. If it's kept lower the plant will always send more of the growth hormones to the flowers above it.
Thank you Shed. What would you advise with the secondary branches now that the mains are free?

Blueberry:

I unhooked the branches and pulled the top further down. I pushed the remaining third node branch upwards to join the others.

Chocodope:

I decided to snip all the secondary "branches" off because they were not growing and would have produced horrible popcorn buds. I also let these main branches loose.

Back
Top Bottom