🌻🌼🌻🌼:green_heart: 🐞🐝🐞🐝:green_heart:🌻🌼🌻🌼

Welcome to my spring journal, where I will again grow with two Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Pro lights configured the same way as they are now for my winter grow.

:passitleft:

Genetics:

I am growing two Red Russian XXL auto plants by Victory Seeds. I have grown one before and I quadlined it. However, it was too compact a plant and I didn’t enjoy the quad with it at all. I will play it by ear when it comes to training these two.

I am growing this strain because this herb makes excellent sleep meds. One hit and I’m history.

Genetics are Red Russian XXL x Low Ryder #2, said to be indica dominant and to have an ancestry that includes the following:

Brazil, Mexican, Thai and Colombian sativa, Afghani indica, White Russian, White Widow, AK-47, our AK-77V, Northern Lights, #1 Skunk, Mexican Haze, Mexican ruderalis, Silver Pearl.

Indoors, the flowering period is expected to be 7 to 8 weeks. It’s available as a feminized photoperiod too.

Medium:

I am growing in Freedom Farms Seed Starter, and when I up-pot, I will be using the Freedom Farms Organic Classic blend.

Seedstarter

Ingredients: Prepared Coco Coir, Fine Vermiculite, Fine Perlite, Premium Earthworn castings, Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Freedom Farms Bokashi, Bacillus thuringiensis (fungus gnat larvae prevention), Trichoderma harzianum (soil borne pathogen prevention).

Application:

– A fine matrix specifically formulated for seed germination

– Free from pathogens and weeds

– Excellent for all varieties of seeds

– Suitable for both inorganic and organic fertilizer amendments

The Seedstarter is a premium germination medium formulated to create the ideal conditions for seed germination. The finer soil matrix, excellent aeration, seedling specific nutrient levels and inoculation with beneficial microorganisms, are the main reasons for the high success rate of the Seedstarter.

Directions of use: Add germination soil to seedling tray and water thoroughly the first time. Plant seeds and water again lightly for seeds to settle. After the first drying cycle, keep the soil moist.

Organic Classic

Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Compost, Perlite (10%), Vermiculite, Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran, Organic nutrients

Application:

– Ideal for container growing
– Indoor, Greenhouse or Outdoor cultivation
– Quality organic potting soil for vegetables, herbs and general plants
– Raised bed system re-planted over multiple cycles (No-till, covercrop)
– Cultivation of organic medicinal grade CBD plants

The Organic Classic blend is formulated mainly for organic growing practices and organic nutrients. First watering can either be clean water or for hungrier plants add a single recommended dosage of organic nutrients. The nutrients in the soil should be adequate for approximately 2-6 weeks before additional nutrient applications are required. At this point earth worm compost should be applied as a top dressing.

Lights:

The lights (@ViparSpectra ) are already set at 100 % intensity for the flowering plants. I have slotted the new babies in under those lights at PPFD 225.

“To maximise your yield, always aim for 40 moles, or 40,000,000 μmol, per day. Here is how much PPFD is needed per second for each phase of cannabis growth to achieve the DLI of 40 moles of light per day.

• Seedling phase (18hr cycle): 200–300 μmol m-2 s-1
  • Vegetative phase (18hr cycle): 617 μmol m-2 s-1
  • Flowering phase (12hr cycle): 925 μmol m-2 s-1” (Royal Queen Seeds)

Thank you for your company on my grow journey :thanks:

Welcome to my spring journal, where I will again grow with two Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Pro lights configured the same way as they are now for my winter grow.

Genetics:

I am growing two Red Russian XXL auto plants by Victory Seeds. I have grown one before and I quadlined it. However, it was too compact a plant and I didn’t enjoy the quad with it at all. I will play it by ear when it comes to training these two.

I am growing this strain because this herb makes excellent sleep meds. One hit and I’m history.

Genetics are Red Russian XXL x Low Ryder #2, said to be indica dominant and to have an ancestry that includes the following:

Brazil, Mexican, Thai and Colombian sativa, Afghani indica, White Russian, White Widow, AK-47, our AK-77V, Northern Lights, #1 Skunk, Mexican Haze, Mexican ruderalis, Silver Pearl.

Indoors, the flowering period is expected to be 7 to 8 weeks. It’s available as a feminized photoperiod too.

Medium:

I am growing in Freedom Farms Seed Starter, and when I up-pot, I will be using the Freedom Farms Organic Classic blend.

Seedstarter

Ingredients: Prepared Coco Coir, Fine Vermiculite, Fine Perlite, Premium Earthworn castings, Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Freedom Farms Bokashi, Bacillus thuringiensis (fungus gnat larvae prevention), Trichoderma harzianum (soil borne pathogen prevention).

Application:

The Seedstarter is a premium germination medium formulated to create the ideal conditions for seed germination. The finer soil matrix, excellent aeration, seedling specific nutrient levels and inoculation with beneficial microorganisms, are the main reasons for the high success rate of the Seedstarter.

Directions of use: Add germination soil to seedling tray and water thoroughly the first time. Plant seeds and water again lightly for seeds to settle. After the first drying cycle, keep the soil moist.

Organic Classic

Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Compost, Perlite (10%), Vermiculite, Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran, Organic nutrients

Application:

The Organic Classic blend is formulated mainly for organic growing practices and organic nutrients. First watering can either be clean water or for hungrier plants add a single recommended dosage of organic nutrients. The nutrients in the soil should be adequate for approximately 2-6 weeks before additional nutrient applications are required. At this point earth worm compost should be applied as a top dressing.

Lights:

The lights (@ViparSpectra ) are already set at 100 % intensity for the flowering plants. I have slotted the new babies in under those lights at PPFD 225.

“To maximise your yield, always aim for 40 moles, or 40,000,000 μmol, per day. Here is how much PPFD is needed per second for each phase of cannabis growth to achieve the DLI of 40 moles of light per day.

I love 💕 your soil selection, I never heard of that brand before. Is it a local thing or is it everywhere? CL🍀

I love 💕 your soil selection, I never heard of that brand before. Is it a local thing or is it everywhere? CL🍀
Hi Cap and welcome. It's a local blend and the first time I am trying it. I had issues with hot soil using the the previous one, so I've changed over. I believe this one is hand blended as opposed to done in a machine, so it is more finely sifted and processed too. I've seen great results by local auto growers, so I am looking forward to trying it out.

Hi Cap and welcome. It's a local blend and the first time I am trying it. I had issues with hot soil using the the previous one, so I've changed over. I believe this one is hand blended as opposed to done in a machine, so it is more finely sifted and processed too. I've seen great results by local auto growers, so I am looking forward to trying it out.
Thanks anyways and I hope it works out well for you. Btw I’ve used the @ViparSpectra XS-1500 Pro on my closet grow of Panama n Golden Tiger and it’s a great little light. Happy growing CR. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

So after 2-6 weeks you only need to add earthworm compost or are there additional organic nutrients they recommend?

Red Russian XXL looks like a great strain Carmen. White Widow is so cool to grow and you can see it's influence in the Red Russian pictures on the seed company's site.

Be prepared for some really large buds. I have grown White Widow many times from clone. A friend of mine has perpetuated it since the early 90's.

It loves organic soil and it is really easy to grow as long as your pot has enough in it as it gets really big buds.

If you can get a fan on them early to strengthen the stalks it will really help when the weight comes in.

Will you be swicking or top watering?

Red Russian XXL looks like a great strain Carmen. White Widow is so cool to grow and you can see it's influence in the Red Russian pictures on the seed company's site.

Be prepared for some really large buds. I have grown White Widow many times from clone. A friend of mine has perpetuated it since the early 90's.
I will be prepared this time. The first time I grew the RR the buds kind of grew in a clump. This time I'll be ready.

Here are a couple of shots of the last plant.

Each of the quads looked this clumpy.

It loves organic soil and it is really easy to grow as long as your pot has enough in it as it gets really big buds.
I wonder if 20 L pots will suffice 🤔
If you can get a fan on them early to strengthen the stalks it will really help when the weight comes in.

Will you be swicking or top watering?
Definitely not swicking! I'm done with that for a while. I want a smooth grow with no drama this time :)

Genetics:

Medium:

Seedstarter

Application:

Organic Classic

Application:

Lights:

I am coming, Ready set grow !!
Thanks anyways and I hope it works out well for you. Btw I’ve used the @ViparSpectra XS-1500 Pro on my closet grow of Panama n Golden Tiger and it’s a great little light. Happy growing CR. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
haha, thank you for supporting our lights XS1500 Pro, and glad to hear you approve it.

I am coming, Ready set grow !!

haha, thank you for supporting our lights XS1500 Pro, and glad to hear you approve it.
Yay! Hi Valerie, now we are cooking with gas! :passitleft:

All @ViparSpectra lights 👀 look really good and the XS-1500 Pro did a great job for me. Thanks again Val. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
It's our honor and thank you guys for support.
Yay! Hi Valerie, now we are cooking with gas! :passitleft:
Great!
I meant to post these and fell asleep. The pics are a day late. The two Red Russian XXL auto plants made their way into the world on 5th Sept 2023. Both had helmet heads and were showing no sign of them coming off, so I removed them with my nails.

Happy growing days friends
Wooooo, new babies come out :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom