Nice, did you have guests that you baked two loaves?
I baked one loaf on Saturday and before it was even completely cool my wife and I ate about a third of it sliced and plain. We ate more on Sunday morning, and then my wife had two friends over for brunch and that was the end of loaf 1. So Sunday afternoon I made another so I could enjoy more of it!
I know you used to make sour dough. That takes dedication. My dough is stretched and folded three to four times before the final rise in its baking silicone. It's takes the better part of a day to complete.
I gave up sourdough for that reason: it took way too much time between refreshing and making the leaven and then the dough all day Saturday (with the multiple rises and folding), and then proofing in the fridge overnight to bake on Sunday morning.

This bread takes about 10 minutes to make the dough, an hour for the first rise, 5 minutes to shape, 30 minutes to proof, and bake! You could try it with various flours and seeds and such and see how it goes.

Highya Carmen, ITS, guys,

Love all this bread chatter! I love making bread by hand. Good exercise. I like the heavy kind, with oatmeal, molasses, seeds, and whatever else I can find to put in it. I did try sourdough, but couldn't manage to get the starter stuff going. More than I want to deal with. My hat is off to you ITS for the Sourdough success! Love the loaf Third Uncle! Looks like it was very good inside! Cute with the 2024 on top. Maybe carving the year with a small knife would keep it from too much overdone? Great job. This doesn't have much to do with cannabis, except that all this talk has given me the munchies!! Happy Smokin'

I baked one loaf on Saturday and before it was even completely cool my wife and I ate about a third of it sliced and plain. We ate more on Sunday morning, and then my wife had two friends over for brunch and that was the end of loaf 1. So Sunday afternoon I made another so I could enjoy more of it!

I gave up sourdough for that reason: it took way too much time between refreshing and making the leaven and then the dough all day Saturday (with the multiple rises and folding), and then proofing in the fridge overnight to bake on Sunday morning.

This bread takes about 10 minutes to make the dough, an hour for the first rise, 5 minutes to shape, 30 minutes to proof, and bake! You could try it with various flours and seeds and such and see how it goes.
I'm a creature of habit when it comes to bread eating and I eat very little in fact. I am not so much of a fan that I'd experiment much but I like to see your efforts :)
Highya Carmen, ITS, guys,

Love all this bread chatter! I love making bread by hand. Good exercise. I like the heavy kind, with oatmeal, molasses, seeds, and whatever else I can find to put in it. I did try sourdough, but couldn't manage to get the starter stuff going. More than I want to deal with. My hat is off to you ITS for the Sourdough success! Love the loaf Third Uncle! Looks like it was very good inside! Cute with the 2024 on top. Maybe carving the year with a small knife would keep it from too much overdone? Great job. This doesn't have much to do with cannabis, except that all this talk has given me the munchies!! Happy Smokin'
Bode, do you use yeast? I use syrup instead of molasses but no oatmeal.

Thanks for the compliment @Bode , yeah i love making bread aswell , but baking is even better the smell of baking bread is just heaven , i often bake early sunday morning before the family is up ( that usualy gets them up shortly after ) & we breakfast on lukewarm bread , great start to the day take care & happy bread making Bode & Shed & carmen & everyone else 🤙✌️

Well that's some promising news! :welldone: on getting all that indoor stuff done in a condition unfit for public consumption. :)

I baked French bread twice this weekend, but it was just rise, fold, rise, bake, which left me with even more time on the couch! 🛋️
Oh! I forgot to tell you! I made the french bread recipe and it was delish! It was the day we had a big snowstorm. By the time I got in from snow duty, :rofl: I said duty, the boule was cut and almost gone! Great with soup! No pics but:thumb:

I figure I'll just keep making this bread now that it's simple and quick, and all with just flour, yeast, salt, and water.
Makes so much sense.
Thanks for the compliment @Bode , yeah i love making bread aswell , but baking is even better the smell of baking bread is just heaven , i often bake early sunday morning before the family is up ( that usualy gets them up shortly after ) & we breakfast on lukewarm bread , great start to the day take care & happy bread making Bode & Shed & carmen & everyone else 🤙✌️
Happy bread making, growing and smoking #3 :passitleft:
🤣

I’ve just come from Random Photo Dumps and started reading and was like huh - I’m sure this is Carmen’s…

Bread, there’s an infestation of bread and the baking thereof on the board!
Lmao! Shed's bread, and now Otter's too :)
Oh! I forgot to tell you! I made the french bread recipe and it was delish! It was the day we had a big snowstorm. By the time I got in from snow duty, :rofl: I said duty, the boule was cut and almost gone! Great with soup! No pics but:thumb:
Yummm!

Friends, I am so high. High on stuff I grew. It makes me happy does home industry. I'm cooking curry as I type. Bliss.

Hehehe you were baked. Don't you hate when you lose count of the cups of flour and you have to start again :laugh: It's so cool you made the 2024!

I live such a sedentary life, Val. I work sitting / reclining actually. The majority of my day is spent on my laptop while you are probably running around, dealing with people and all those sorts of business things that can be tiring. I am very conscious that I need to make more effort to be mobile.
Hi Carmen, sedentary is also not good for our body. I bought a sports watch for myself and it will remind me to take a rest, drink water, stand up, etc. Most of the time, I am the same as you, a sedentary life made me get 5kg of fat within 3 months 😓

Hi Carmen, sedentary is also not good for our body. I bought a sports watch for myself and it will remind me to take a rest, drink water, stand up, etc. Most of the time, I am the same as you, a sedentary life made me get 5kg of fat within 3 months 😓
I hear you Val. I gained quite a bit over this festive season. I usually don't but this time I baked a fruit cake and the recipe fitted in two silicone bread molds, so it was two cakes and because I live alone I had most of it myself. A slice a day but it was enough to gain a few belly rolls and no longer fit some clothes!
Those sports watches seem to be very useful for those who wear them. Has it made a difference?

20240120_200126.jpg

Chocodope auto weighs in at 86g or 3oz. Better than expected.

Back from yoga!

Whoop whoop this Blueberry is nice! I couldn't resist breaking off another bit.

It is like super glue. I've never touched weed this sticky before.

It's nice and strong and I'm good and high :passitleft:

Back from yoga!

Whoop whoop this Blueberry is nice! I couldn't resist breaking off another bit.

It is like super glue. I've never touched weed this sticky before.

It's nice and strong and I'm good and high :passitleft:
How long did it take to grind that ,I can't seem to get a fine cut like that with my 2 herb grinders so I don't use em .
Nice looking bud ,I love after a fresh grind of good weed if you poke it it all moves like its alive 🤤😊
:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom