Lights on after 2 hours of loadshedding. I keep my lights on 24/7 and hope that there is enough light to compensate for loadshedding. You can see by the droop that the plants do not like the lights going on and off. It stresses them out it appears.

Presently we are between stage 3 and stage 4 loadshedding, which typically means 2 hours of power outage every six to eight hours. When it goes up to stage 6 loadshedding we go out for between 2 and 5 hours at a time and we are out then for an average of 12 hours a day.

I suddenly had a thought. @Absorber, should I have a surge protector on the plug for the lights?

Chocodope has an obvious droop

Blueberry not as much

I have to reiterate to folks who have any doubts about growing autos, they are tougher beasts than are given credit for. They are perfect for almost any humble setup and just require good light, adequate nutrition and water. They will grow in colder months and in high summer heat. You can stress em out, bend them to your will and you can grow them big. What's not to love! Their turnaround time is quick and they are just as tasty.

If you are wanting to start growing and you can't or don't want to invest a bunch of money in the grow, you can grow fine weed with a good light alone, and I can confidently recommend the very excellent @ViparSpectra XS 1500 150 W grow light, perfect for a one plant set up. This light has really proven its versatility in the various grows on 420 Mag platform.

I suddenly had a thought. @Absorber, should I have a surge protector on the plug for the lights?
I wouldn't be overly concerned there's a lot of appliances in your dwelling that would be affected if a surge was to happen but I don't think you will get a surge from load shedding more chance of a brown out which is undervoltage but surge protection won't stop that .
And your lights probably won't die from a brown out just won't run to full potential while its happening.
Have you thought about buying a UPS uninterrupted power supply, you could probably purchase one for $300 - $400 that will run your light when power is off for a couple of hours.
Not sure if you are familiar with them people put them on their computers to stop them losing information they have typed ,I have one on my 3d printer and computer so I dont have a printing failure 4 hrs in .

I wouldn't be overly concerned there's a lot of appliances in your dwelling that would be affected if a surge was to happen but I don't think you will get a surge from load shedding more chance of a brown out which is undervoltage but surge protection won't stop that .
And your lights probably won't die from a brown out just won't run to full potential while its happening.
Have you thought about buying a UPS uninterrupted power supply, you could probably purchase one for $300 - $400 that will run your light when power is off for a couple of hours.
Not sure if you are familiar with them people put them on their computers to stop them losing information they have typed ,I have one on my 3d printer and computer so I dont have a printing failure 4 hrs in .
I've lost my fridge compressor twice to surges when the lights come back after loadshedding, and was advised by the appliance repair shop that I must have surge protection on appliances. It's common that appliances are killed due to loadshedding. I don't think we have a brown out. I've not heard of that.

I can't afford backup power. I have a UPS on my internet, and I use a laptop that remains charged for a while. I think I will buy surge protection as a precaution anyway. I'd rather be safe than sorry 😊 It's only a couple of hundred bucks.

I've lost my fridge compressor twice to surges when the lights come back after loadshedding, and was advised by the appliance repair shop that I must have surge protection on appliances. It's common that appliances are killed due to loadshedding. I don't think we have a brown out. I've not heard of that.

I can't afford backup power. I have a UPS on my internet, and I use a laptop that remains charged for a while. I think I will buy surge protection as a precaution anyway. I'd rather be safe than sorry 😊 It's only a couple of hundred bucks.
It becomes a costly exercise fitting surge protection on all appliances unless you have it fitted in the switchboard but that also will add up when you need it replaced after a surge and having to get the electrician back to replace it .

It becomes a costly exercise fitting surge protection on all appliances unless you have it fitted in the switchboard but that also will add up when you need it replaced after a surge and having to get the electrician back to replace it .
I own a fridge and a washing machine. The rest is small stuff like a toaster, kettle etc. I only have on the fridge, but the lights are irreplaceable so I don't want to risk losing them. I always unplug my laptop during loadshedding.

I just want to give a shout out to my homey Matt from @Table Mountain Sativa Co . I have grown his weed and gotten the pink pheno. It's lovely stuff. If you haven't tried a pukka South African sativa before, here is your chance.

Chom I can't wait to see more and more people growing your beans! :green_heart: :goodluck::cheer:

Thanks so much, buddy. Appreciate it. I do.
I just found out about this surge protector that goes on your DB board and protects the entire house. Once I hear more I will be in touch. Apparently, it's like 500 bucks or something and much cheaper than putting one on each appliance.

Thanks so much, buddy. Appreciate it. I do.
I just found out about this surge protector that goes on your DB board and protects the entire house. Once I hear more I will be in touch. Apparently, it's like 500 bucks or something and much cheaper than putting one on each appliance.
:thumb: Thats the bugger there
20231207_200807.jpg

Screenshot (855).png

Happy weekend,

My plants are steadily growing. They are both taking 2 L of water every second day.

Chocodope auto

Blueberry auto

I have nothing further to report. I have a concern. House moths. Will they lay their eggs in my plants? The lights are attracting moths.

Have a beautiful Saturday!

Highya Carmen,

Your autos look very nice!! They seem very happy. They look much better than they did a week ago! They're showing more promise! Happy Weekend, and Happy Smokin'

😎Plants look fantastic!✌️Have a great weekend Carmen👊🍻
Thanks Gee. I was thinking of you earlier. The soil is still nice and tilthy on top and the plants are small so I don't feel it is necessary to add anything to the soil at this stage. I think I'll watch and correct if necessary.
Hmmm, I don't know. Keep your eye on it.
Eyes are on and the poor moths are being slaughtered like flies. I don't like to do it but I would like it even less if I found worms in my flowers!
Highya Carmen,

Your autos look very nice!! They seem very happy. They look much better than they did a week ago! They're showing more promise! Happy Weekend, and Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode. Holding thumbs that they bulk up for me.
Great close up shots @Carmen Ray looking lovely 🌹 as far as i know moths are more interested in laying eggs in the bark of trees, in the house they are more likely to lay eggs in nooks & crannies , when they hatch they're ptefer to munch on dry goods & fabrics , but like the otter said keep an eye on your plants , take care & peace to all❤️✌️
Bark of trees. That's a relief. Thanks ThirdUncle.
The color of them leaves...so pretty. Love them close up shots.
Thanks gm!
Looking good Carmen 👍😊
Thank you Absorber!
Oh by the way its the butterflies u have to watch out for , but can't think of a time when a butterfly has entered my home ???✌️
I haven't had any butterflies in the house yet either, but I do have a resident praying mantis.

Back
Top Bottom