Adora's Blueberry Summer Grow

Haha Jesus that's a lot of pepper on that cheese...sorry shouldn't joke but wow o_O. But the plants look healthy and green great job.... Try not to forget them this time ;)
Lol!! That's actually disgusting.

Damn, that's a lotta gnats- I hope the new dunks take care of them :oops:
I think they might be? It looks promising, but that plant was also severely droughted. I don't want to get my hopes up. They seem to come in waves...

Now the Blueberry will have the tent to herself and she can fill it up!
She'll fill it up alright!
She's looking great, Adora- your training is spot-on, perfect structure on that girl!:goodjob:

Great job on the training, she looks really good and ready to flower.

Update

The Blueberry was uppotted to a 5 gal plastic pot, trained, and watered Wednesday:
20220512_162552.jpg

20220511_125535.jpg

The reversed Gorilla Cookies auto behind her was super dead, so she was removed and is drying for seed collection. Before putting the Blueberry back in, I cleaned the tent from top to bottom with bleach to get rid of pollen etc.

I'm harvesting the flowering girls in my other tent, so my chives and hoya went over there... Now the Blueberry will have the tent to herself and she can fill it up!

Pictures from yesterday (Day 39):
20220512_181029.jpg

20220512_180820.jpg

Oh, look at this cool double seed I pulled off the Northern Lights I'm harvesting. I wonder if it would develop into one of those twin seedlings with the double tap root, though it doesn't look developed enough to germinate.
20220512_151106.jpg

That's all!
Getting full in there....keep up the great work. And super neat seed....I'm curious to if it'll grow a double tap or a double head to start... Are you gonna ng to try it?

She'll fill it up alright!
She's looking great, Adora- your training is spot-on, perfect structure on that girl!:goodjob:
Thanks Carcass :) She does seem to have the right structure that responds well to this type of training.

Great job on the training, she looks really good and ready to flower.
Thanks LKABudMan, I'm thinking I'll flip her in about a week and a half.

Getting full in there....keep up the great work. And super neat seed....I'm curious to if it'll grow a double tap or a double head to start... Are you gonna ng to try it?
I'm definitely going to try it! I'm going to start another photo seed when the Blueberry is about halfway through flower, so I'll drop it then.

Update

The Blueberry was uppotted to a 5 gal plastic pot, trained, and watered Wednesday:

The reversed Gorilla Cookies auto behind her was super dead, so she was removed and is drying for seed collection. Before putting the Blueberry back in, I cleaned the tent from top to bottom with bleach to get rid of pollen etc.

I'm harvesting the flowering girls in my other tent, so my chives and hoya went over there... Now the Blueberry will have the tent to herself and she can fill it up!

Pictures from yesterday (Day 39):

Oh, look at this cool double seed I pulled off the Northern Lights I'm harvesting. I wonder if it would develop into one of those twin seedlings with the double tap root, though it doesn't look developed enough to germinate.

That's all!
Good morning girlfriend!

Look at you GO!

Your girl looks beautiful :)

I can5 wait to see if that see strikes!

I’m LIVING for it babe!

Me cheering —> :cheer:
Nope no anticipation or anxiety building here...... :laugh: well show us what's goin on.
:laugh: (laughing because there's no crying emoji)

Omfg. I'm pretty sure these are thrips?!
20220517_162126.jpg

Little silvery bugs on my rainbow elephant bush leaf that come up from the soil to crawl on the leaves:
20220517_185001.jpg

They came in a bag of FFOF soil that I've ironically been lovingly repotting all my fave my houseplants with for the last couple months. There is now a mild infestation in all the plants that were potted with it. I am so upset. I didn't use any of that soil for the Blueberry grow and I don't see any signs of bugs on her (yet). I doused the before lights out last night in neem oil spray (1 tbsp neem oil/500 mL water, not sure if that's too much/too little, I was kind of in a panic).

Can mosquito dunks/BTI kill thrips in the soil? And will watering with dilute hydrogen peroxide kill the ones in the soil as well (& what dilution)? I have neem oil, Safer's insecticidal soap, 3% peroxide, isopropyl alcohol, and diatomaceous earth... Is it worth it to buy pyrethrin and/or spinosad? Looks like I can buy them online from the e-lectronic bay (I'm not sure what the rules are for what places I'm allowed to mention lol), but they're expensive to have shipped. I guess if the bugs get out of hand I will have to buy some.:straightface:

Everything and everywhere got a heavy-handed dusting of diatomaceous earth and all the visibly affected plants got bagged too. All the cover pots, hangers, saucers, bling, etc. went into the sink with bleach and dish soap. My other tent has been emptied and cleaned with bleach and I'm thinking about going back in with peroxide. The 3 week old GC autos were about to go into that tent. Anything else I need to be doing before that (besides spraying the heck out them with neem)? At the moment none of the weed plants are showing any leaf damage, nor can I see any thrips actually on them... Luckily I have no plants in bloom at the moment. Unfortunately I now have to postpone my next seed drops 'til this grow is complete so I can clean everything again and start fresh.:confused:

I will post another update soon with pics of the Blueberry.

Blueberry Update (Day 46)

As I mentioned, the Blueberry has been exposed to thrips. She was sprayed with neem oil last night before lights out. Sad, wet girl:
20220519_164117.jpg

She was happy again and shiny this morning. :)
20220519_145923.jpg

20220519_164105.jpg

She's 7" at her tallest point. I've been using the litter box under her to attach the pipe cleaners for training. With how well she is responding to the Car-training, I can see the burst of growth at the tips below the defoliated leaves within hours, which shows me the importance of defoliating for an even canopy (or removing the fingers, but I just reached that post :D). On the branches I haven't defoliated and tried to tuck things out of the way, the fan leaves made the branch twist around so the canopy grows unevenly or is more difficult to train down...

Here she is being trained this AM.
20220519_142100.jpg

:green_heart: :bongrip:

:laugh: (laughing because there's no crying emoji)

Omfg. I'm pretty sure these are thrips?!
I think they're actually are aphids or maybe even fungus gnats if they came in the soil.

Little silvery bugs on my rainbow elephant bush leaf that come up from the soil to crawl on the leaves:

They came in a bag of FFOF soil that I've ironically been lovingly repotting all my fave my houseplants with for the last couple months. There is now a mild infestation in all the plants that were potted with it. I am so upset. I didn't use any of that soil for the Blueberry grow and I don't see any signs of bugs on her (yet). I doused the before lights out last night in neem oil spray (1 tbsp neem oil/500 mL water, not sure if that's too much/too little, I was kind of in a panic).

When I was looking for info on how to make a neem oil spray, @BakedARea said this:

Anyone that has worked with cold pressed neem oil, knows how much of a pain in the ass it can be to make a good emulsion to spray. Warm water always helps the process. Also, if you are making your own spray from pure neem oil, be sure to add a drop or two of liquid soap or something like yucca extract for the saponin. This will assist in the emulsion process and with it stay on the leaves longer.

I was also told to mix 10 ml of neem oil into each gallon of water you're using.

Can mosquito dunks/BTI kill thrips in the soil? And will watering with dilute hydrogen peroxide kill the ones in the soil as well (& what dilution)? I have neem oil, Safer's insecticidal soap, 3% peroxide, isopropyl alcohol, and diatomaceous earth... Is it worth it to buy pyrethrin and/or spinosad? Looks like I can buy them online from the e-lectronic bay (I'm not sure what the rules are for what places I'm allowed to mention lol), but they're expensive to have shipped. I guess if the bugs get out of hand I will have to buy some.:straightface:

As long as your plants aren't in flower, you can continue spraying with neem oil but you might want to alternate the neem with Safer's and the ISO.

And, if you know it's the soil that's causing the issue, you might want to think about getting new soil and switching them all to fresh soil.

Everything and everywhere got a heavy-handed dusting of diatomaceous earth and all the visibly affected plants got bagged too. All the cover pots, hangers, saucers, bling, etc. went into the sink with bleach and dish soap. My other tent has been emptied and cleaned with bleach and I'm thinking about going back in with peroxide. The 3 week old GC autos were about to go into that tent. Anything else I need to be doing before that (besides spraying the heck out them with neem)? At the moment none of the weed plants are showing any leaf damage, nor can I see any thrips actually on them... Luckily I have no plants in bloom at the moment. Unfortunately I now have to postpone my next seed drops 'til this grow is complete so I can clean everything again and start fresh.:confused:

I will post another update soon with pics of the Blueberry.

I feel your pain. I can't start my next grow until all my current plants are done for the same reason. It sucks but it's better than having another bug-infested grow.

Hi Adorabird :)

I have a blackboard full of potions and ratios for Operation Insect.

I’ll get you a pick this arvo. I have learned if you treat early, you defs avoid the green plague.

Trala said:
Hi Adorabird :)

I have a blackboard full of potions and ratios for Operation Insect.

I’ll get you a pick this arvo. I have learned if you treat early, you defs avoid the green plague.
Thanks Trala.:love:

I definitely need to make myself a board with all the treatments and ratios for everything. I hate bugs in my home so much. And when I see a new one I just panic and react, lol.

I was also told to mix 10 ml of neem oil into each gallon of water you're using.
Do you mean when I water my plants? Do you use anything to emulsify the neem when you use it this way?

I think they're actually are aphids or maybe even fungus gnats if they came in the soil.
Yeah, I've been looking at these things under a loupe all day and I'm still not sure what they are. It makes me feel better that you don't think they are thrips.

They are metallic, coppery coloured bugs maybe 1 mm long. They have short antennae and a tail. They aren't fungus gnats and I hope they aren't some weird disgusting root aphid... I'm also now doubtful they're thrips. Lol!

I think they might actually be some kind of springtail? I have been googling images of bugs and they look most like Lepidocyrtus to me, they're both shiny, lol. I initially ruled out springtails because they don't jump when I poke around in the dirt (just hide) and I've never seen a springtail crawling around up on the leaves before.

But apparently they can. (From somewhere online that I'm probably not allowed to link):
Occasionally, high populations of garden springtails feed on leaves of tender young seedlings producing tiny pits on the leaf surface.

From the same page:
they are sometimes confused with thrips larvae.
:D

(I take back that smiley if they're root aphids)

20220520_161832.jpg

20220520_185719.jpg

Blueberry Update (Day 46)

As I mentioned, the Blueberry has been exposed to thrips. She was sprayed with neem oil last night before lights out. Sad, wet girl:
20220519_164117.jpg

She was happy again and shiny this morning. :)
20220519_145923.jpg

20220519_164105.jpg

She's 7" at her tallest point. I've been using the litter box under her to attach the pipe cleaners for training. With how well she is responding to the Car-training, I can see the burst of growth at the tips below the defoliated leaves within hours, which shows me the importance of defoliating for an even canopy (or removing the fingers, but I just reached that post :D). On the branches I haven't defoliated and tried to tuck things out of the way, the fan leaves made the branch twist around so the canopy grows unevenly or is more difficult to train down...

Here she is being trained this AM.
20220519_142100.jpg

:green_heart: :bongrip:
Amazing growling technique and growth

Do you mean when I water my plants? Do you use anything to emulsify the neem when you use it this way?

Yes, add the Neem oil to the water you use to water your plants. I posted BakedARea's tip about dish soap for the emulsion.

Mornin adora....sorry your struggling with the bugs.... At this point I'd be sitting there with a flambe torch hunting them down one by scorched one lol. But hash girls board seems to have some useful stuff to help out. Best wishes growmie.

Back
Top Bottom