Adora's Blueberry Summer Grow

Good morning adora, she's looking happy today. Any ideas on up-potting or training yet? Autos grow so fast so having a plan set might help.
Hi there HappyHazmat :)

She's a photo, so I haven't really made any solid decisions yet. I'm thinking a 3 or a 5 gallon final pot, but not sure if I want to use plastic or fabric.

She will probably have the full 3x3 to herself for flower so I'll be topping her, taking a couple of clones, and then staking her and tying her to the sides of the tent as she grows out. I'll try to get her to fill the tent.

Blueberry looked a bit flat this morning, so she was watered with dunk water and calmag.

Sad...
20220411_182346.jpg

and happy again.
20220411_182324.jpg

20220411_192754.jpg

Hi there HappyHazmat :)

She's a photo, so I haven't really made any solid decisions yet. I'm thinking a 3 or a 5 gallon final pot, but not sure if I want to use plastic or fabric.

She will probably have the full 3x3 to herself for flower so I'll be topping her, taking a couple of clones, and then staking her and tying her to the sides of the tent as she grows out. I'll try to get her to fill the tent.
In case you’re looking for training ideas, there is a member in here called Carcass. And he grows like he’s the Canna God himself.

He is actually just starting a new grow, and he has agreed to show his training step by step. I think his seedling is Day 16. I have started a new journal to try and replicate his grow style.

If you click on his name here @Carcass it will take you to his journal, well I think it does, you might have to search posts.

It would be super fun to take notes and learn with you :)

Awww, shucks Trala...Thanks so much for the kind words ... :love:

then staking her and tying her to the sides of the tent as she grows out. I'll try to get her to fill the tent.
Sounds like you may have it figured out already- I'll be following along, If that's ok- I might learn something!

We've had a leak behind our washer and dryer :rolleyes: It didn't get noticed for a while so there's quite a bit of water damage. I've had my 50 pint dehumidifier running all week. This is right outside of my grow room. I am hoping this doesn't affect my grow too much with the tent doors closed. What's worse though (to me anyway, probably not the spouse) is that the weed that was in my drying box grew white fuzzy mold. Bummed.

(It was Chem Pie in case you're curious)

Anyway, here's the Blueberry on Friday morning (Day 12):
20220415_160623.jpg

Three evil stepsisters revegging in the background (also Chem Pie in case you're curious, no actual relation).
20220415_160833.jpg

The tent police
20220415_165304.jpg

Ahhh!

20220415_234547.jpg

The STS auto behind her has given up the ghost and been half harvested. I think she's giving the Blueberry nightmares...

Here’s the link to his journal.

Thanks Trala :) I'm going to follow along there too, I want to learn how to grow such massive autos. :jawdropper:
Awww, shucks Trala...Thanks so much for the kind words ... :love:

Sounds like you may have it figured out already- I'll be following along, If that's ok- I might learn something!
Maybe, but probably not - I'm still a newb. :)

Nice roots.... Up pot yes bigger pot = bigger potential. But do you have bigger than a 1 gallon? That's healthy growth in the picture so I think she'll fill the one gallon super fast and you'll have to up pot again soonish.

Roots.

She is on Day 13.

I am thinking of uppotting her. I think I have a 1 gallon plastic pot to match you cool folks with your Wedding Cake & GSC @Trala & @Carcass. What do you think?

20220416_134509.jpg
Hello you!

Omg yes definitely!

We can do semi comparison grows.

She looks ready to me, Adora...
You could bury a little of that stem to shorten her up a little, if you wanted to...
I wish I'd of used a plastic pot when I went into a 1 gallon...it's going to be a bit of a pain uppotting from a little fabric pot...

Another Canadian Blueberry fan? I'd love to stick around if that's alright.
She looks ready to me, Adora...
You could bury a little of that stem to shorten her up a little, if you wanted to...
I wish I'd of used a plastic pot when I went into a 1 gallon...it's going to be a bit of a pain uppotting from a little fabric pot...
Second this. 1 gallon fabric pots are a pain to uppot from.

1 gallon fabric pots are a pain to uppot from.
If it's too difficult, I'll bust out the scissors and simplify the operation...I doubt if I'll use the one gallons again for anything, so destroying one won't be too much of a loss...

I uppotted the Blueberry on Sunday (Day 14). I thought about putting her in her final pot, but it seemed like a lot of extra dirt for gnats to lay eggs in before she could grow into it. I'm worried they'll start to get out of control again. There's a lot of them floating around. Honestly she'll probably be crawling with them by the end of this. It's going to be embarrassing.

So she went into a 1.5 gallon plastic pot (I don't have a 1 gal) pre-mixed with some 4-4-4 and marine compost. Her roots were attached to the bottom of the cup and didn't want to let go. I thought I was going to break her in half...

20220418_165910.jpg

She was only droopy for a couple hours though, despite the roughness. I did sprinkle some crushed up mosquito dunk on top before giving her dunk water. I forgot the calmag.:bongrip: I'm going to wait to top her 'til there's enough growth to clone. She's pretty squat.

Here she is today (Day 16):
20220419_205616.jpg
20220419_205554.jpg

Not enough growth yet to clone.
20220419_205702.jpg

20220419_205652.jpg

Happy almost-420 everyone :):rollit:

She looks great, Adora!
About all those sticky traps- be real careful to not get her leaves stuck to one- that's a real fast way to accidentally defoliate a little plant.
I've done it, that's why I'm mentioning it. It's not so bad when they're a little bigger, but at her age, one little "oops" and she's half naked... :)

She looks good, Adora.

Hello Adorabird :)

She looks fabulous! I love that we have plants of a similar age. I topped yesterday :)
Thanks Trala :) Yeah! I like it too...Blueberry probably won't get as big as Cleo though!

She looks great, Adora!
About all those sticky traps- be real careful to not get her leaves stuck to one- that's a real fast way to accidentally defoliate a little plant.
I've done it, that's why I'm mentioning it. It's not so bad when they're a little bigger, but at her age, one little "oops" and she's half naked... :)
Ahh that's one of my biggest fears right now since her stem is so flimsy! I haven't had a fan on her since she's sharing a tent with a reversed plant. I'm trying to be super careful though. :cheesygrinsmiley:
And I've got them stuck to my head before and accidentally defoliated myself...

She looks good, Adora.
Thank you Hashgirl :green_heart:

Happy 420 everyone at:420::green_heart::bong:

Back
Top Bottom