AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

I see that my membership status has not been brought forward into the new program yet. No stats, no gallery, no profile. At least I was able to login. I'll be patient, Teddy!

PS: yep, wandering around, finding where everything is. I see that our personal information and who sees what is much more adaptable.

Testing the siggy. It works! And I found the gallery insert, but not the actual gallery yet. Is it now called My Media or something like that?

Yep, I checked. Under GALLERY, select Your media.

Wandering around the menus like a lost kid in the zoo. LOL!

I learned a lot today how to navigate the new site.

To reactivate your email notifications of new posts in your subbed (following) journals, go to 420 Forums>your Threads, then check the email box for each journal and other threads you want email notification. You have to do this one page at a time.

After checking the emails you want, scroll to the bottom and in the box for Selected, choose the email option. Then select GO.

Then go to the next page in your list and repeat, until all your pages are done.

I'm getting a lot of help from this site. Brand New Forums & Gallery

This is the last page, so read backwards. Teddy and company are still populating the site, so some functions dont work yet, but will shortly.

I'm anxiously awaiting for my Jock Horror Autos to mature enough to harvest. Their finish date is between 9 and 11 weeks. But they are at 11.75 weeks (81 days) now, and all the buds still have white pistils. Only one lady is starting to amber up on the lower buds, so I'll watch her progress closely.

The taller sisters have a ways to go.

I sprayed them all for mites a week or so ago, so keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to spray again till harvest.

The White Widows I inherited still amaze me at their vigor! Even after pinching out the central tips, they continue to grow rapidly with thickening stems. The mother was frostbitten enroute to my place, but bounced back with warmth and a good feeding. The two clones are trimmed down to their first level of the mainline scaffold, and their two branches are coming along nicely. Will be a week or two before they are long enough to tie down, though.

The 4 AK47 x Durban Poisons are growing vigorously. These will be allowed to breed, cause I need more seeds to grow out and/or share.

Soon I will have to up-pot the last 2 K 48 clones, but they can wait till I have room for them.

So, there's a lot going on, in spite of my not paying that much attention to them!;)

I have 10 Durban seeds to play with

oooooooo! I was gifted the privately produced hybrid. Durban is a landrace, so I hope you post pictures when you grow them out. I want to see how the Durban grows.

I'm getting a lot of help from this site. Brand New Forums & Gallery

This is the last page, so read backwards. Teddy and company are still populating the site, so some functions dont work yet, but will shortly.

I am SO GLAD that you are learning how to use the new forum setup. And I am sharing your viewpoint that this is still a time of transition, and that everything will function more smoothly after they are finished with all of that.

I am SO GLAD that you are learning how to use the new forum setup. And I am sharing your viewpoint that this is still a time of transition, and that everything will function more smoothly after they are finished with all of that.

Well, TS: it's the small things that trip me up. Like when you get to your own gallery and select ADD MEDIA, you can only chose MEMBER GALLERIES, and can't get to your own gallery from there to add a pic. Any ideas?

I'm looking forward to your new pics once you get them loaded AK! Hopefully the help in the Brand New Forums and Gallery thread this morning has you getting around that more happily. It's a real shame they weren't able to be ready with tutorials and guide maps, but I think their hand was forced to move ahead faster than planned. IB just messaged there that they making their own tutorials but just behind on it - hopefully mine will help people until then.

You know - for me, I work out stuff like this really quickly, always have. But my partner is the total opposite (so I do all the online forms in this house!). It's easy for people to assume that folks will just 'find' their way around but I think that's not a good, or fair, assumption to make. I have done enough tech support with co-workers and friends to see that it's far from intuitive for many. As they tweak the site, things are getting better all the time - also as we get to know it. But it's been quite an ordeal for some people and that's unfortunate. It's a bit like someone came into your house overnight and moved all the furniture and rearranged your kitchen isn't it!!

BUT! onwards - can't wait to see your newly uploaded pics!

:rollit::passitleft:

Got the answer I needed on the Brand New Forums & galleries. When you are logged in and add media, the program will automatically upload to your own gallery. So, when I take pics of the grow again, I'll be sure and test this out.

Now, to solve the email notification issue. I only get a selected few (not all) from the Brand New Forums thread, and none from all you who follow me. I "selected all" in my watched threads list and activated emails, for the third time. Hope I start hearing from my fellow growers again.

It seems to me that there’s a number of different spots where email notifications can be activated or deactivated and maybe they’re cancelling each other out here n there. AK, under the alerts ‘pull down’, in preferences, there are sub-options for including email alerts. Do those need to be on as well? I’m just guessing... and maybe you have them on already... I just get bugged by this kind of stuff and have OCD ‘needs’ to get it fixed!!
(And it may seem I’m popping up out of the blue the last couple of days - but I lurk here a lot! Don’t always engage but enjoy following along. It’s the new site troubleshooting has brought me out a lot!!)

:Namaste;

Back
Top Bottom