Scrabble. :thumb:
:passitleft:

I vote for Carnival. And, if by next, you mean your next grow, I doubly vote for Carnival since it's one of the ones I'm planning on growing next. :battingeyelashes:
... well yes, but next grow for them is next year. After this flowering run, I’ll shut the tent down for the summer here. It’s going to be hot and humid with high rainfall. I won’t do a big outdoor this year. I may run something small outside - but I really need a break, so may not. I have to say tho I’m slightly more inclined towards Thai Chi but it’s a long time before the drop! Maybe I’ll do both ;) Probably won’t start until March/April sometime - I need to assess this year and then make a plan for next.

I like your DIY light, looks great... If I actually had access to the sun to grow, I'd seriously never grow indoors lol

you could always experiment outside grow techniques or something you usually wouldn't do since you likly have a good amount stashed away till next time instead of shutting down. ?

always experiment outside grow techniques or something you usually wouldn't do since you likly have a good amount stashed away till next time instead of shutting down. ?
That’s exactly what I have in mind. Not so much experimenting with techniques, but growing some landrace from the Himalayan regions. Whatever I doo it needs to be super low maintenance. And it needs to be in pots and small enough so it can be hidden in the tent if folks are coming here. There’s a lot of ‘works and housing’ on the agenda for this summer, so have to be extra stealthy! Plus... I really do need a break. Last summer was a real killer physically and emotionally! Hopefully I’ll soon have enough in the jars to cruise for a little while. :)
:high-five: :love:

That’s exactly what I have in mind. Not so much experimenting with techniques, but growing some landrace from the Himalayan regions. Whatever I doo it needs to be super low maintenance. And it needs to be in pots and small enough so it can be hidden in the tent if folks are coming here. There’s a lot of ‘works and housing’ on the agenda for this summer, so have to be extra stealthy! Plus... I really do need a break. Last summer was a real killer physically and emotionally! Hopefully I’ll soon have enough in the jars to cruise for a little while. :)

:high-five: :love:

Ohhh that sounds good. I got some Kumaoni "Himalayan" seeds (supposed to be landrace) haven't actually grown any yet... just stick with a very small pot maybe 1 to 2 gal in size. Shouldn't get to big to hide. Especially being landrace just let in grow in some super soil or whatever let's you just water. Maybe even an diy gravity feed auto pot so you only gotta water once a week ,)

That’s one of the ones I have. Ive been planning to grow the Sinai first :)

yep, if I do it, it will be in AutoPots, exactly, with super soil. I’m rehearsing the pot/module set up now with a small indoor hybrid - to see if the soil wicks well enough. If so, I’ll invest in another autopot module and the reservoir tank (and plumbing etc.). The plan is solid - just remains to be seen if it can be realised or not. Many yet-to-be-known factors will determine this.

Still feels like Sunday to me...

Off now, for lunch and cricket watching for the afternoon, with a side order of a rolling scrabble game... Panama is great for that too!
:bongrip: I’ll check back in later :ciao: :love:

I haven't played Scrabble with my dad since February as he won't allow me within 6 feet of him, which I guess is best considering that he's 90 years' old but part of me being retired was so that he and I could hang out more often but I haven't even been in his house nor has he been in mine for months. It's all a very strange and scary time.

Anyhow, I love playing Scrabble, too and especially with my dad. It's nice. I think if we were both wearing masks and disinfect our hands first, we would probably be safe but at this point, this is not an option. At least I can see him.

Glad you did DW :ciao:

Thanks a bunch! I’ve been a bit environmentally challenged lately so am relieved they are all holding up well. Was super dry for aaages and now super humid.

Pretty well! I’ve experimented quite a bit this year, both deliberately and by accident, and am working out the sweet spots, I think.

I have found it‘a pretty easy to induce light stress with it so am maybe a bit under par ;) right now and I might bump it a little higher and see. For now I think things look happy with it.

It’s actually been a bit too long without pics of the tent here. I’ll aim to get some fresh ones at lights-on tonight.

where are you up to in the dreaming/ planning stages?

Partly I do, and just to see how they grow. Can be a bit misleading as it’s of course going to grow differently once you top it. But it gives some idea - bushiness, speed, spacing. Indoors, I also flip them early so they just flower when they’re mature enough and stay relatively small. That way I get a sense of how quickly a strain starts flowering after flipping the light schedule.

But it’s absolutely about checking out the growth habits of a variety or phenotype :)

On another level, it minimises the amount of physical interaction I need to do with them and every little bit helps for me in terms of lessening the demands. Leaves me scope sometimes to take photos!!

So, less work and observation and then space/variety. I’ll alway grow a few that way to fit in a few different strains. I still feel so new to it all, the infinite world of cannabis varieties, and am still exploring what works for me for different purposes

EG, I grew the SB seeking a daytime hybrid and while its great, I can’t use it much - or I need get into micro dosing it. (Others like it a lot so that’s great). Anyway, I've a ton of that (5oz) and only a little of the Panama, which was a small, untopped, tester and next time I’ll know to top and train that one for a bigger yield because I love it and could have it every day.

And it makes me think that next time I ought grow any untried strains like that and top and train repeat keepers. It’s certainly nice to feel like I’m finding some of those. If someone told me I could only have Panama and Bubba Hash the rest of my life, I’d be completely ok with that! :D

...sent me off on quite a tangent there, DW. Panama on a Sunday morning will do that too :love:
:bongrip:

Hope all are doing well out there, I’m off to peruse other gardens :surf:

:high-five: I hope you do too! Nice chatting w you!
I know last time I seen the light I was in awww and amazement. It’s very impressive, I think it’s better to have more power then you need , and dial back , I really like using par meters, lux meter works nice with QB , there a lot cheaper then the par meter , you can really maximize the use of the light .
your plants look beautiful

I was thinking about building a QB FOR MY 2x4 with seperate uv and ir light controllers so I can only flip them on when needed which is not most of the grow lol . So I’d like to be able to turn them on jin mid flower . But I am a long ways away , and I actually found a company in China who has done this exact build , I had a member private message me telling me about this company . They are half the price as mars or spider qbs and still use Samsung chips and meanwell so check and check I think I may just roll with this now that they are so cheap now .

I would like to dabble with some no training what so ever , I just need lights with a bigger sweet spot seems like if I grow buds bigger then 10” anything past the sweet spot is airy and I don’t even want to produce that until I have a way to process it further into a better product . I have grown a few strains that has such vigorous side growth a little lst was the only thing needed.
but I really like to let the plant let me know when she’s ready by showing pistols prior to the flip.

I could use a lot less time in the grow space , it is a lot of work when your vigorously training plants to maximize your canopy and light usage

i have grown huge plants and honestly after 4 oz of it your just done with it . It’s nice to store away for later but now you’ve put all your time into one strain now I’m forced to buy again.
So I have decided to grow more strains smaller plants doing the 8 cola training style and if I find a gem I will do a sea of 8 cola plants . But this was before I ran the plant first so I was vegging plants for 100 + days without knowing what the end product is , NIGHTMARE getting stuck with a pound of pot your not interested in smoking . Maybe I’m just really picky idk

I really like the way you think amy , it’s nice you’ve found 2 strains that work for you ,
I’m still doing pheno hunts trying to find gems to hold onto . I couldn’t really do it before with my old set up so I’m sure happy with all the space I have now . I’m still hunting down my perfect daytime smoke . I did like green crack pre 90’s version but I’m hoping with some of the hybrids I’m in doing now I’ll find a Keeper .
I
think for pheno hunt runs I’ll try and do just quick flips no topping maybe a little lst but I’d like to spend less time with my plants and more time with my family // and see how things go , and like you said if ones a keeper then pull all the stops to get the big yield out of her .
:idea:
Gotta love a good hybrid to get the mind running , Thank you for letting me pick your brain.
hope al is well , I wish you and your family the best , have a great day
Be safe play safe :peace:

still doing pheno hunts trying to find gems to hold onto . I couldn’t really do it before with my old set up so I’m sure happy with all the space I have now . I’m still hunting down my perfect daytime smoke . I did like green crack pre 90’s version but I’m hoping with some of the hybrids I’m in doing now I’ll find a Keeper
:thumb: I am surprised that the Panama is so user friendly, in that it is easily something you can have regularly. I didn’t expect that with a pure sativa, and I’m sure there’ll be future ones that are more trippy/racy and not ‘daily toke’ candidates.

Keeping them small can be harder than it seems. My next challenge to self is small ones that are still topped. I think some of the stretchier sativas might need that to stay small enough. I’ll find out soon enough... next year!

True if all you do with your weed is smoke it, as you just need to have your g/day needs met, but if you're making topical oils you need a much larger stash on hand, as two cups of oil might use 2+ ounces right there!
Yeah that’s true , I will be investing in a rather large rosin press , and bubble bags . And I know rosin at best is 20% return ish. Some having the extra flower will be a blessing.
I have never considered making topicals , I honestly don’t really know anything about them.
I did try some kinda oil rub ment for pain and swelling but idk if it helped me or not , cause I was very medicated at that point lol But I just smoke what I grow and what I don’t smoke goes into the worm bin

Happy worms! :D
Yeah haha I know it’s a big waste but I did not have the place to store things long term saftley from my kids , so it was the next best thing where it could give back to my grow in someway , I now have a big chest freezer that locks and plans to get a rosin press and bubble bags with my buddie so it may be worth keeping everything .
Last time my wife cleaned out the freezer she got quite upset there was stuff in there easily accessible so I stopped keeping everything and started throwing everything I didn’t want in the worm biN . Idk if I just started to get picky over the years but anything that isn’t dense , i don’t want to smoke. Now I strip all my plants so theirs not much more growth then The main colas but sometimes things get away from me any before it’s too late it’s full blown flower , and instead of stunting them and stripping mid flower I let it go. .I have smoked a lot of shitty weed in my life and I’m done with it . I would really like to try and follow your dosing tutorial and try that out , that may be a great alternative . But my wife hates the smell of pot so this hinders me making anything in the home . But atleast now I can start to safely store stuff destine for bubble bags and rosin . I may look into purchasing the purple decarbing unit one ment for cbd and thc but their very expensive.

anyways rambling on after enjoying some critical kush have a great day be safe , play safe:peace:

know it’s a big waste
I dont think it is a waste at all. It’s great soil conditioner. Lots of my stuff goes into our compost because I don't have what’s required to process it. Actually this week for the first time, someone took the leftover mash from my last months worth of oil making and made cookies with it - and as an awesome bonus made ones that I can eat and brought me half the batch :) Usualy that goes in the compost as well so I’m thrilled to be enjoying the aftermath of a nice 1:1 shortbread cookie - sweetened with stevia, and it works quite well.

ever interested in learning about topicals, Amy's Garden of Eden is a great place to do it!
:high-five: It’s probably highest up on my list of forum things I’d like to update - that topical post. I’ll get to it soon and will include discoveries made since the last one right upfront. :)

Anyone looking at i now would do well to read on into the discussion afterwards (as is always advisable with older tutorials ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom