Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

Everyone I’ve watched that has these beans are really happy so far. Most of them are only a few weeks into veg but a couple are already getting skunk terps. Kinda exciting!

I may have to spray paint a couple white stripes on my cat to lure in Pepe!:rofl:

I switched up my tents, bloom to the 4x4 and veg to 5x5. How long do you guys grow newborns under 24/0 lighting or do you go right to veg?

I always run mine at 16/8 whether they're seedlings or larger vegging plants. I've seen studies saying plants need rest and I've seen many people run 24/0 without issue, so I just go with my hippy intuition, that they need sleep and so I let them rest. But that could also be construed as my frugal self not wanting the extra bill from the extended light time.

How about clones Morg? Do you do them at 24/0?

I run mine at 16/8 too. I'll start the dark period in the morning. I'm usually using the lights when I pop aeeds for light and heat so I leave em on 24/0 and usually give em a few days before switching but I'll go ahead and switch now.

Cheers!:passitleft:

I usually start with 24/0 like you and then go to 18/6 just whenever. I can’t remember if I’ve ever run 16/8. As far as finishing this run up...not sure how long I will veg them. I’ll have to flip the 3 in the 7gallon pots at the same time but the one in the 15 gal pot can veg a little longer if needed.

great pics ween. Got a frosty factory going on over here! I bet they gonna smoke real good :)

Yeah i'm in the same boat, almost never use 24/0 time, my usual time are at 16/8 until 12/12. I would use 24/0 instead of the usual 16/8 for plants like clones or small ones that is intended to go outside in the spring. That way the light cycle don't get all mixed up like if it was on 16/8 18/6 prior being put outside.

I run mine at 16/8 too. I'll start the dark period in the morning. I'm usually using the lights when I pop aeeds for light and heat so I leave em on 24/0 and usually give em a few days before switching but I'll go ahead and switch now.

I do same thing. For first week or 2 I leave on 24hrs then switch to 18-6

Thanks everyone!

I would use 24/0 instead of the usual 16/8 for plants like clones or small ones that is intended to go outside in the spring. That way the light cycle don't get all mixed up like if it was on 16/8 18/6 prior being put outside.

Ive thought about doing outside plants, starting the veg inside and this is what I think Yeti suggested but I see Sticky does a regular veg cycle, I think estimating lights on time to match sun up at the time he will put them outside. Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks everyone!

Ive thought about doing outside plants, starting the veg inside and this is what I think Yeti suggested but I see Sticky does a regular veg cycle, I think estimating lights on time to match sun up at the time he will put them outside. Any other thoughts on this?

With clones going outside you have to be very careful with the light schedule you are running if you plan to put them outside. If you do it wrong they will start to flower and then reveg and usually it turns into a mess. Plants grown from seed are not typically an issue so long as you do not start them too early. Due to the fact that they need to hit maturity before they will flower. WHich means they usually have enough time to get used to the light cycle and figure out that you are still gaining daylight. With clones typically being a fully mature plant ready to flower at any time, 24/0 is the best cycle to run before putting them outside.

With clones going outside you have to be very careful with the light schedule you are running if you plan to put them outside. If you do it wrong they will start to flower and then reveg and usually it turns into a mess. Plants grown from seed are not typically an issue so long as you do not start them too early. Due to the fact that they need to hit maturity before they will flower. WHich means they usually have enough time to get used to the light cycle and figure out that you are still gaining daylight. With clones typically being a fully mature plant ready to flower at any time, 24/0 is the best cycle to run before putting them outside.

Thanks for that explanation! I was thinking seeds, so it's ok to run at regular veg cycle? Obviously I would make lights on close to sun up for around mid-late May. We're in a similar climate, is that when you'd put yours outside?

Thanks for that explanation! I was thinking seeds, so it's ok to run at regular veg cycle? Obviously I would make lights on close to sun up for around mid-late May. We're in a similar climate, is that when you'd put yours outside?
Yeah with the seeds getting as close to what the outside cycle will be when you plan to put them out would be the best way to do it. It really all depends on the weather. I know some that refuse to put anything out before the first of June while I have put them outside in April when I used to do things outside. Mid May should be good so long as there is no more danger of a frost. That is really the biggest thing to look at when putting plants outside is frost danger.

I've found that April is a bit early if it's a clone or old enough to flower as the light cycle is normally short enough outside to kick it into flower. I'd wait until May to put them out unless you're using supplemental lighting, which isn't practical in gorilla grows.

I've found that April is a bit early if it's a clone or old enough to flower as the light cycle is normally short enough outside to kick it into flower. I'd wait until May to put them out unless you're using supplemental lighting, which isn't practical in gorilla grows.
I was not suggesting April, just saying that I have done it successfully. I also do know others that shoot to have theirs outside then. But I now know a lot more people hat refuse to put things out before June because of the short days. With him planning to run seed plants the amount of light is not the real issue, it will be whether or not it will be warm enough at night to not kill/damage plants. May seems like a good time to shoot for.

I was not suggesting April, just saying that I have done it successfully. I also do know others that shoot to have theirs outside then. But I now know a lot more people hat refuse to put things out before June because of the short days. With him planning to run seed plants the amount of light is not the real issue, it will be whether or not it will be warm enough at night to not kill/damage plants. May seems like a good time to shoot for.
your rite about the night time temps its still high 30s at night here in april they don't like that if it wasn't for bugs I would put them out in the sun during the day and bring them in at night ive done that before and they love it but you do bring bugs in with them I will be doing that when it gets closer to putting them out for the summer!

Not sure if I'll do an outside crop but I appreciate all the info! I'd really like to grow some under the sun but my property is small so not sure it'll happen. Thinking of building a small greenhouse though.

How about individual plant light deprivation grow pods!?!? You could grow plants in a window and then when it starts getting dark the pod would close and a light would go on for an hour or two for veg or push to flower. Shouldn't be to hard to make....:idea:

Back
Top Bottom