Another Brix In The Wall Part 2: Hawk Clones Under Max Yield!

No you want the tip higher than the rest of the branch. The plant is gonna send auxin to the shoots and to the end of the branches and to the root tips. Auxin controls almost every aspect of plant growth. They promote cell division in the ends of the branches. Light effects auxin development by causing inbalance in its production. The hormones will be more prominent on the dark side of the branch. This causes more cell division on the dark side of the branch. So when the bottom (dark) side of the branch is longer than the top side (because of increased cell division on the bottom), the branch curves towards the light. Gravity also plays a role in auxin production. When we train our plants we use these to our benefit. But if the end of the branch is too low the plant will start sending the majority of its auxin to the shoots. This has happened to me when my main branches looked wavy (up and down). The plant became confused and the middle shoots shot straight up and the growth at the end of the main branches slowed way down. When you find a good balance you get strong growth at the end of the branch and in the shoots.

this is something I’m always trying to learn more about. Auxin manipulation is why everything we do training wise works the way it does. Auxin is focused in the apex of the plant. The high concentration of auxin in the apex of an untopped plant causes increased production of other hormones in the side branches that actually inhibit growth. When we top we remove the apical dominance and thus remove the inhibiting factors slowing the growth of the rest of the plant. So then the side branches start to flourish. Wounds effect auxin production which is why pinching a branch or supercropping work the way they do. And why quadlining works the way it does. Control the angle of the main branches in a way that continues to promote growth at the tip. Control the canopy height to allow for even distribution of light to all the tops you will have.

Hopefully this is helpful!
Thank You Magoo. That is the type of explanation that I Love, The why we do things and how things work. If you understand why something happens you become a better grower and have more tools in your tool box. I wondered about why we don't angle the tips downward when quadlining. I had heard about not having the tips angled downward but I didn't know why but now I do. Thanks again

Extremely helpful! Thanks @Mr. Magoo! I've kinda been doing it wrong but not so bad. I've been tying down the ends of the leaders to just below the top of the angle because I thought we were trying to encourage all the small growth to speed up. The ends have quickly been turning up and again being the highest point but maybe I stunted her a little...? I'm sure she'll turn out great. Loving her structure and many bud sites.

I'm at the edge of my 1. I was thinking of adding a couple skewers to extend past the edge of the pot or would you suggest uppotting to the final earlier than we normally would in the kit?

Cheers!:passitleft:

I think when you first move your restraint out closer to the tip of the branch it’s ok that it is how you are doing. This growth happens very fast so if within a day or 2 it’s not growing fast still, then maybe let up a bit. But yours is looking great to me.

I’m always trying to figure out a way to keep them in the smaller container a bit longer without sacrificing the training. I’ve sat the pots on a small grated platform that I can tie them to if needed but I’ve also just let the ends of the main branches go vertical until I uppot them. Once I uppot them, I do like to keep them in the final container for at least a couple weeks before flipping just to allow me to continue the training for a bit before flower. Might have to recharge a bit earlier in flower than you typically would but maybe not. You are better with the kit than I am so I’m sure you will know if something is off and how to fix it. Lol.

Both of my clones from the tall A5 showed roots are were put into soil. The 1st one I took for shits and giggles were 2 tiny shutes, maybe 3" long that I put together in 1 rapid rooter. Not look8ng great but I may let them stick around even though I have another solid clone from that plant. I also took 1 from the shorty A5. I'll need to take a couple from the BCPs.

I give you the newest additions to the family, Bubba Hash and RKS (gonna just call em Road Kill Skunk because that is what we want!)

If not Skunk then a really rank smelling flower

I guess I'll take that but we're really hoping for RKS, that is how this breeder is selling this, especially #2 which is the one I popped. Why do we seek out plants with bad smells!?!? I know for me and RKS it's somewhat nostalgia because that was one of the main "kind bud" strains available in the 80s. I'm actually more psyched about my Bubba Hash due to all the great things I've read about it.

:passitleft:

Here is more info from Magoo in case you haven't seen it. I heard there was some discussion about the validity of the breeders claims but have not read any of that. I'm guessing if not RKS or even close that there should be a couple gems in these packs.

Got the Skunk genetics I’ve mentioned. Will be splitting this haul with @weenmeoff and @neikodog . In addition to the skunk lines we got 30 beans from what the breeder calls his pheno hunter pack. Also got some Strawberry Haze Skunk and some Pineapple Skunk. All these genetics were sourced from oldtimer1 who helped provide the genetics that went into what became known as Skunk. Once the line began to be worked in Europe the focus was on the sweet side of the genetics and eventually most of the Skunk the world knew was sweet. Good in its own way of course, but the more putrid and rancid side of things was lost. No more road kill skunk. Several people have claimed to have road kill skunk only to have that debunked. Really hoping this isn’t the same case. I don’t think it will be. Others who have started growing some of the stuff in the pheno hunters pack are seeing terps ranging from baby vomit to burnt rubber to straight skunk spray. Described as ammonia or astringent at times. Double serration noted on the fan leaves. These could truly be something special. That’s our hopes anyways! This will be the next grow for sure!
5397F228-E310-49CA-A92D-F212603EB0D5.jpeg
B45FFBD3-E1D4-41F2-8499-479EF4454BDA.png

Back
Top Bottom