Arellanobrian's 2015 ThunderHaze Auto LED Grow - Coco Loco vs Reused Coco

i finally got to unpacking the light and setting it up. im still learning the remote but have been able to cycle through the pre set modes and set my own Veg intensity and set the timer to work with my other lights, while it does take a bit to figure out it is very streight forward and basic. im sure there will be ppl that have issues with using it but even if you dont have the control the light turns on to 100% power as the first time i plugged it in it went to 100% and didnt have any batteries in the remote. ill post a vid on sunday showing a watt test ans some basics about how to work the remote

IMG_131731.JPG
IMG_131828.JPG
IMG_131931.JPG
IMG_132035.JPG

here is the veg spectrum i set at 25% Red and 75% blue and white

IMG_132222.JPG
IMG_132326.JPG
IMG_132422.JPG

I like that feature that lets you control the % of red or blue, How perfect is that , you have all the control with the Remote control :thumb:

I have read posts where people have noted they find the Remote feature frivolous and I must admit it did not thrill me much either. But having full control over the lights output does matter and is a good if not great feature :smokin:

I like that feature that lets you control the % of red or blue, How perfect is that , you have all the control with the Remote control :thumb:

I have read posts where people have noted they find the Remote feature frivolous and I must admit it did not thrill me much either. But having full control over the lights output does matter and is a good if not great feature :smokin:

I agree it lets you have a panel for all stages of growth and makes sure you dont waist money on light that is not necessary when the plants are young or just dont need as much of a certain spectrum. i actually work tech support and figured the control out pretty well within about an hour but i can def see how some ppl may have some issues with it but it can really be as easy as just pressing the preset mode on the control the panel will do fine. anoher common problem ive heard is the light will be useless without the control, i didnt have batteries when i first got the light and when i plugged it in i got full power on the panel so you may need a timer and not be able to control the intensity but it will work fine. this sunday or monday i will try to post a vid of how it works haha

ThunderHaze Day 51 Update

Im having alot of variety in the plants right now, i have the three soil plants looking like the are no longer streching with a short pheno with nice dense buds that smells exaclty like someone shot lemon essance into your nose, another short pheno that is a bit bushier with more bud sites but the buds look very wispy, airy and with a very light skunk smell and finally a tall pheno with nice dense buds but no real smell so idk what to think right now i would have figured they would start filling out since the stretch has stopped for almost 2 weeks now but well see they look like they can go another 4-5 weeks i just hope they get more smell and size. i gave the plants in soil half strength what i give the coco plants and will be feeding every other watering from here until finish. IDK if i give the soil or coco plants an advantage overall but soil plants are going to finish way faster for sure.

The coco plants are getting out of hand lol they are clearly going to be the bigger plants out of the comparison and way more bud sites but that comes at a price. while the plants in soil only really have 4-5 weeks left i feel the plants in coco really just started Flower so they can go another 8-10 weeds from what i can tell now. i did end up doing another round of LST on both coco plants and acidentlly cracked the stock on one plant but im not too worried as she still has plenty of time to recover and bloom. even though the coco plants look way less developed i would be surprised if i didnt get more weight off of my 2 coco plants compared to all three plants in soil, now that doesnt say anything about potency but i have grown with both soil and soil-less and dont notice any differance.i did add the mars UFO and reflectror 48x3 to the 4x4 to help with the coverage as the plants could really use the extra light.

Nutes per gallon (1/2 strength for soil)

10ml-BioThrive Bloom
7ml-Epsom Salt
5ml-Cyco B1 Boost
4ml-Cyco Silica
4ml-Cyco Zyme
4ml-Cyco Uptake
2.5ml-BioBud

family shots
IMG_137528.JPG
IMG_137626.JPG
IMG_137727.JPG

Coco plants

Red
IMG_134125.JPG
IMG_134222.JPG
IMG_134425.JPG
IMG_134626.JPG
IMG_134822.JPG

Yellow
c
IMG_134926.JPG
IMG_135025.JPG
IMG_135122.JPG
IMG_135321.JPG
IMG_135421.JPG

Soil Plants

Blue
IMG_135721.JPG
IMG_135921.JPG
IMG_136023.JPG
IMG_136124.JPG
IMG_136321.JPG

Green
IMG_136623.JPG
IMG_136723.JPG
IMG_136828.JPG
IMG_136925.JPG

White
IMG_137031.JPG
IMG_137128.JPG
IMG_137227.JPG
IMG_137317.JPG
IMG_137428.JPG

Wow those Are looking huge bro wens the video update

i should film tonight and tomorrow morning and upload tomorrow night. and the plants in coco are sooooo big, im actually thinking of adding my mars 2 700 to help because im having real issues covering all 5 plants! i just hope the buds really fill out soon as they are kinda small

I think your mcbuddlets will fill out bro. I fou d my mars2 1200 done a great job in my 4x4 over 6 plants. Out of the 12 n zips I'd say 8 of them ended up very respectable size and the coverage faded out at the sides. Every few days I'd shuffle pots so everything had a go under prime lights. That said if uv got a 700 lying around and temps and electric costs ain't an issue helĺllll yea aa aa throw that bad boy into the mix

And here is the Weekly update guys, was a little rushed in making the vid and was a bit hungover from watching the Bronco's play yesterday so sorry if i seem a bit off haha but on a good note Colorado is still undefeated :circle-of-love:

I think your mcbuddlets will fill out bro. I fou d my mars2 1200 done a great job in my 4x4 over 6 plants. Out of the 12 n zips I'd say 8 of them ended up very respectable size and the coverage faded out at the sides. Every few days I'd shuffle pots so everything had a go under prime lights. That said if uv got a 700 lying around and temps and electric costs ain't an issue helĺllll yea aa aa throw that bad boy into the mix

I found that my 1200 in their 5X5 had definite holes in the corners and like you my plants did a little dance a 1/4 pirouette daily and shuffle ahead a position every time I watered which was every four days or so. I think they did great, but would have done better in a smaller space. The last 2-3 weeks before harvest needed a boost in light as well I thought.

One day I am going to stop playing and experimenting and concentrate on a serious grow. I'm here watching the pros to get a leg up. :)

Temps did go up a bit to about 84-86 and need to get an actual inline fan for the 4x4 to better control the temps haha my rotating fan fell yesterday and stopped working so im working with a tiny 6 inch fan, perfect timing but i do think im going to add the 700 once i can get temps a bit more stable. but thanx for watching and commenting man :volcano-smiley: peace

Can't believe Denver stomped the pack like that

dude i know i was a but worried before the game but the bronco's are going strong this year again. peace brotha

I found that my 1200 in their 5X5 had definite holes in the corners and like you my plants did a little dance a 1/4 pirouette daily and shuffle ahead a position every time I watered which was every four days or so. I think they did great, but would have done better in a smaller space. The last 2-3 weeks before harvest needed a boost in light as well I thought.

One day I am going to stop playing and experimenting and concentrate on a serious grow. I'm here watching the pros to get a leg up. :)

thanx man im def thinking of moving that mars 700 in there as i want to make sure my smoke is top quality and it lasts a while haha im actually down to the BHO i blew threw the trim from last round :volcano-smiley:

How many weeks in bud ?

Also a tip for the Coco Choir as I have studied up on it.

Coco Choir needs to be treated differently then soil , the Choir should be flooded as you would a flood table , multiple times a day.

Choir has around 36% air holding capacity , soil has 17% this gives the choir the ability to be flooded regularly and still maintain good root health.

Try flooding the pots out with a 1/4 strength nutrients 6 or 8x per 24hrs (look into it) They should respond positively.

Water/feed until you get run off you do not want a build up in the Choir , it will upset the balance if you don't flush threw with every feeding.

As the Choir is inert it should not be treated like soil.

I told you those autos will blow up on you overnight lol plants are looking great

you were right man especially the plants in coco huge!!!

How many weeks in bud ?

Also a tip for the Coco Choir as I have studied up on it.

Coco Choir needs to be treated differently then soil , the Choir should be flooded as you would a flood table , multiple times a day.

Choir has around 36% air holding capacity , soil has 17% this gives the choir the ability to be flooded regularly and still maintain good root health.

Try flooding the pots out with a 1/4 strength nutrients 6 or 8x per 24hrs (look into it) They should respond positively.

Water/feed until you get run off you do not want a build up in the Choir , it will upset the balance if you don't flush threw with every feeding.

As the Choir is inert it should not be treated like soil.

yes you are right, if treated like hydro it well respond like a hydro grow and if you treat if like soil it will give you soil results.. since there is so much air that is held by the coco you can water 1-4 times a day with no problems but as you can see i dont have a flood and drain table but i do water everyday at full strength and as you can see the plants in coco are about 3 times as big as the soil plants, thanx for the info man :Namaste:

It would be a drain to waste set up you would need a large drip tray DIY or whatnot to catch the spent nutrients for disposal by hand or via a mag pump.

Pretty much a complete set up with timers pumps etc , food for thought for a later grow to use the Choir to its full potential.

How many weeks in Bud for the plants in the Video ?

It would be a drain to waste set up you would need a large drip tray DIY or whatnot to catch the spent nutrients for disposal by hand or via a mag pump.

Pretty much a complete set up with timers pumps etc , food for thought for a later grow to use the Choir to its full potential.

How many weeks in Bud for the plants in the Video ?

they are auto's on day 54 i believe when i filmed the vid, only suppost to take 80 days but im sure the plants in coco will go over 100 and i hope the plants in soil go around 100 as the buds are just now starting to fill in. and i will have to see if i can find a tray for runoff as the plants look sad after i move them to get rid of the runoff from there tray.

and i did end up adding my mars2 700 to the 4x4 as the plants are getting way to big for the lights i have in there now lol ill post some pics tomorrow hopefully

The 4x4 is going to be bright , The plants will love it.

My Autos will take from 95 to 100 days as well , they are on day 64 and should take 4-5 more weeks.

I don't mind so much having slow Autos as the yield should be larger , although next month I am going to buy a known 60 day variety and enjoy the quick harvest.

Back
Top Bottom