Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Wow, that is an incredible shot. I wonder if he has one of those things like Willy Wonka that can tell the good gold seeds from the bad gold seeds. That Verruca Salt was a bad seed.

Your Jack H is really awesome. I am always star struck by the Dark Devil but dang man that is just stupid dank all around. :bravo:
Bob ;)

This Dark Devil's reign ends tomorrow, but a new one will take her place likely the day after. I've got big hopes for Jack, she's got real potential I think.

Always a pleasure to have you by Doc. Thanks man. :high-five:

:adore: so much excitement happens over here big guy. I hope your proud of yourself! This journal is a nice hub for just about everything!

:thumb:

Wildly proud of what we've accomplished in the grow, and even more proud of my membership in this community and what that has brought me and us. Well beyond anything I expected when I joined up late last year, a freakin' MotM and two other contest wins? I'd have bitchslapped my younger self had I dreamed such nonsense.

:circle-of-love:

Beautiful group of plants, great grow journal arteekay
u guys are gonna be flush with killer herb for awhile :bravo:

I think we'll work towards having an auto to harvest every month, if not a little more frequently. We'll see. We're still getting acclimated to our new standards of quality and quantity. :rofl:

So cryptic! blindfolded in a coffin @ 4:19 confessing all my growing sins to a room full of dark robed figures and all kinds of dark chants into a candle? Love it

*cue up "Devil's Gift" - by Shamans Harvest"

point me to the dotted line, got a sprout, comin off the plate tonight, journal starts as soon as she pops up.... and the initiation shall commence

420magazine should start a calendar with the monthly contest winner gettin their plant printed for that month in the calender...Those girls should be in pictures on walls RTK, cant wait to see what they give ya

My D2 hit the plate tonight, I may see ya at this week's ceremony. Second timers get a huge :hug: from SweetSue and a batch of her dankest, darkest brownies I hear.

We're wildly curious what this Early Miss will give us, compared to our first.

I absolutely think 420mag should put out last years nug and plant of the month photos as a calendar. I'd buy both.

If I had the budget I would really want to try a few T5 for terrariums, desert light (Arcadia D3+) , they are loaded with UV-A (12%) and UV-B (30%). The full-moon-light bulbs look cool too, if you ever grew outdoor, you probably loved to see your girls tripping under the full moon! a few of them that you move around in your grow room during the last 2 or 3 weeks.... it helps a lot with resin, and it's no torture (on the contrary, it's everybody's reward after all the suffering).
Ha, doing that now in my grow.

Cheers

Planned for future research for sure. Needs it's own timer, right?

No, its to dangerous, no more then an hour should do, I see stress soon after.

Cheers

No, its to dangerous, no more then an hour should do, I see stress soon after.

Cheers

That's what I mean, it'd need it's own timer so that it was only on for up to an hour (per day is it I guess?).

I wouldn't trust myself to do it manually. A shiny penny could mean the light stays on for longer than an hour.

I'm not buying that, you two are at the top of the game. But a timer is not a bad idea.

Cheers

The timer's an excellent idea. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'm not buying that, you two are at the top of the game. But a timer is not a bad idea.

Cheers

You might be right for a while, but eventually I'd forget it, with horrible consequences. I know myself well enough to know not to totally trust that guy. :)

March 11 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 72 days old. DD is 61 days old. R2 is 8 days old. CR is 22 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR and now DD are on 12/12 now 10-11 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 78 and RH is 58% at the canopy, 78 and 61% at the top.

Temp for JH, NEM, and R2 peaked at 87 today with RH at 46% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and are 12-14 inches below a pair of Mars II 900s. R2 is off to the side and is about 28 inches from the lights.

• JH was soaked using 6 liters with 23ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 5ml of GO CaMg+, and 1.5 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier at 887ppm and 5.7 PH.

Note the change in notation for nute schedules. Works out better for Jaybiz when I bark out percentages and he writes down the volumes that get us close to that.

Tonight is our Dark Devil's last night in earth, she moved to the corner of the flowering tent to experience 12 hours of darkness before her chop at 4pm on Saturday.

CR (28.0 lbs, down from 31.4 after watering yesterday):

DD (9.0 lbs, down from 11.8 yesterday) Just about dead empty I'm sure:

DD back in the photo tent with her big sister for the night:

NEM (16.8 lbs, down from 22.4 after watering yesterday): Still going through a ton of water:

JH (12.2 lbs down from 17.6 yesterday, 24.8 lbs after watering tonight):

R2 (6.4 lbs down from 6.8 yesterday, 7.8 after watering tonight):

Sick of these poor macro shots, gears are cooked on my camera. I'm going to run out and grab a new one tomorrow. Enough is enough. :)

Back in the tent:

Thanks all. Tonight we bid farewell to our Dark Devil.

Still think the DD will only be one oz? :rofl:

Man I'm still just horrible at guessing dry weights. I hope I said an ounce or two earlier, I'll now up that to two or three. She is rock solid everywhere.

made my mouth water.......very nicely done man!
I now have something else to strive to with my own grows!

Starting a new grow and/or journal soon? I missed your last one, but took a quick enough look to see that it looks like it went pretty well! Congrats!

March 12 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 73 days old. DD was 62 days old. R2 is 9 days old. CR is 23 days since her flip to 12/12.

CR is 10-11 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 80 and RH is 46% at the canopy, 78 and 61% at the top.

Temp for JH, NEM, and R2 peaked at 87 today with RH at 43% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and JH is 14 inches below her Mars II 900, while NEM is now 21 inches away from hers. R2 is off to the side and is about 27 inches from the lights.

I forgot to mention yesterday that we dropped New Early Miss another 5 inches away from her light, following Canjun's (I'm hoping it was him, I'm sure Sue will correct me if I'm wrong) suggestion to move them away from their light source as they approach harvest. I can raise the light another 5 or 10 inches as well, may do that for her last couple of days. I'm thinking we'll take her Monday right after work.

Jack Herer's got another couple weeks by CKS's timeline, and should be pretty close to that is my guess. Crown Royale is chugging along just fine, and our second Revolver (R2) hasn't stretched at all while putting out her initial sets of nodes. Pretty happy with her so far. Our new Dark Devil (D2) is showing a tap root and should be good to go into her fallen sister's pot tomorrow.

I picked up a new camera, nothing fancy as I needed to avoid starting another hobby (photography) so I just got a newer version of the 8 year old Canon SD1100 IS I was using, an ELPH 350 HS. I had the pixel count maxed out for tonight's pictures, but I'm going to drop that down a notch, file size is just too big.

CR (24.2 lbs, down from 28.0 yesterday):

R2 (7.0 lbs, down from 7.8 after yesterday's watering):

NEM (13.0 lbs, down from 16.8 yesterday):

JH (18.0 lbs, down from 24.8 after watering yesterday):

Back in the tent:

And the other tent with it's obvious foreshadowing:

Very nice, I believe you will need more hanging room soon.

Cheers

Dark Devil's time with us was shorter than I'd hoped, but just about right on the breeders schedule. I waited a bit too long after her topping to tie her down and she pulled her stems apart a bit because of it. She likely was stunted by this, so we'll try to avoid that for the next one.

Her beauty will be missed from the garden.

Her life story:

One Week old:
DD (6.2 lbs, down from 6.6 yesterday) She's a week old today, didn't realize that until I started today's journal:

Water droplets are an accidental overspray, not intentional. She was put off to the side not under direct light until she dried up rather than risk a magnify glass effect. She's too perfect right now to risk it. :)

Two Weeks:
DD is still recovering from her topping. I've been doing some late nights with them and thought it'd been three days now, but it's only two. She's doing fine, although I'm not sure I really should have topped her. Ah well, she'll still be purple in a few weeks and I'll love her no matter what! I've learned just about anything can happen.

DD (7.2 lbs, down from 8.6 yesterday, and 9.2 after watering today):

Three Weeks:
Since Candi got the chop from our first grow, we were ready to split up the next generation between tents. The Crown Royale gets the Spider x4 to itself in the veg tent, on 24/0 still and with higher humidity. The three autos are moving to the flowering tent, which I guess at this point we may as well name the auto tent, since it has yet to see anything under 18/6.

DD (9.6 lbs, down from 10.4 yesterday):

This is where her training should have started, when she was still green and flexible.

Four Weeks:
DD (15.4 lbs, down from 17.6 yesterday):

She resisted this training this late, violently, by pulling away at the shoulders to the main stem, she was released a day later. Too bad really, it was looking so good for a while there. Lesson learned, don't wait to train.

Five Weeks:
My Dark Devil didn't need anything but one early three leaf set cut off, I'd soaked it when she got watered and it was in rough shape.

DD (11.4 lbs, down from 14.2 yesterday):

Six Weeks:
DD (11.6 lbs, down from 14.8 yesterday):

Seven Weeks:
DD (11.0 lbs, down from 14.4 yesterday):

Eight Weeks:
DD (13.6 lbs, down from 17.0 yesterday) She's 8 weeks old today, so gets lots of pics and cross-posted to the Dark Devil community grow:

Next up... Tonight's before and after harvest pictures:

Dark Devil's Harvest

She spent 12 hours in the dark with her sister, and we took her out as soon as the lights came on at 4pm. We managed to find one window where a little sun was coming in, so we quickly set up to grab some before pics in the natural light. Only really half worked, but on well.

Admittedly, we took a ton of pretty average pictures of this incredible looking plant, none of which do it any real justice.

Her last moments, seeing the actual Sun set rather than the abrupt click of her electric facsimile:

Stripped of her multi-colored coat:

Stems and roots, small plant didn't really fill her pot:

Hanging to dry:

We can't add the humidifier back into this tent for this dry (another reason why we need another tent) so this one won't hang for nearly as long as the last couple. We'll do a manicure in a few days and likely jar her after four or five days.

Back
Top Bottom