Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

My understanding is that lights off will start to build up budding hormones. I'm not seeing any reason to slowly switch to 12/12. I've seen it done elsewhere but did not get an explanation of why other then it mimic's nature. Since I'm 24/0 in veg there's no natural source of long light other then N/S pole that I know of and at 0° latitude it's longer too. Since we ignore nature sometimes why try to reintroduced nature? Please don't take this wrong, your garden is fantastic and you do not need any advice from me. But I'm a numbers guy and like to know more about this slow change of lighting.

Cheers

I am really anxious to see how the CR responds when she starts getting to rest. I got my Bubblelicious going 24/0 right now as well and plan to follow a similar pattern.

She was in 24/0 for 43 days, and now that I think about it she can officially start 12/12 at 49 days, right at 7 weeks from seed for easy math. Pretty long veg? We gave her a few challenges along the way though.

My understanding is that lights off will start to build up budding hormones. I'm not seeing any reason to slowly switch to 12/12. I've seen it done elsewhere but did not get an explanation of why other then it mimic's nature. Since I'm 24/0 in veg there's no natural source of long light other then N/S pole that I know of and at 0° latitude it's longer too. Since we ignore nature sometimes why try to reintroduced nature? Please don't take this wrong, your garden is fantastic and you do not need any advice from me. But I'm a numbers guy and like to know more about this slow change of lighting.

Cheers

I'm not sure there's a real reason either honestly, other than it may decrease the shock of the change somewhat. I've become a 24/0 veg as well for this and future grows, but will keep my autos at 18/6 under the two Mars II 900s just to save a little power and get the nighttime temps down to encourage color changes.

For this plant the decision is Jaybiz's to make, but I'm not sure I'd make a different one myself. I enjoy the minutiae of the management of it, and any shock the plant may experience isn't a stress I'd want to put on her if it can be easily avioded, particularly when I'm already stressing them out with toppings and trying to get the flat canopy and rectangular shape.

Shorter answer is it doesn't cost me anything, so it doesn't really matter too much to me if it actually helps or not. If I didn't have an easy way of doing it slowly, I likely wouldn't be bothered by that either.

Hope that helps explain at least my opinion, which I'm sure has helped form Biz's.

Hi RTK , girls are looking great as expected .
anthropomorphize , I had to look this word up , its good to learn something new every day lol.
Be safe .

I actually prefer rtk to arteekay or Art, no need to capitalize it though. Not sure I fully expect them to look great, every time I check on them I expect them to be half dead, lowered expectations make it a happier experience. :)

Looking awesome Arteekay. Thank you for the welcome and keep up what your doing. Plants look awesome. I love smartpots. How much do you plan to get at harvest?

Hey Prosody! Great to see ya here

Our first grow and journal was 4 shitty pots and 2 airpots that were way too small, so I'm probably enjoying the fabric 5 gallon pots more than they actually deserve.

Our first grow was about getting off other people's weed with enough of a harvest so that we could play a lot more with this one. I hope to get more than we have so far from our first 5 to jars, but it doesn't really matter that much to us if we don't. We've already put away enough to last us into 2017 at our previous consumption levels.

Loving your plants brother, good job!

Thanks man, we've made far less mistakes in this grow I think, but we'll soon see! :)

Excelent grow journal structure. Exactly the in depth, and detailed entries i was attempting to contribute to my journal, but have lacked in time and patience with a broken phone, to do such a thorough job. Will look forward to reading more.

If I was trying to do it with my phone I'd have given up long ago. I"m a happy surface pro 3 user, perfect for around the garden and journal. :)

Glad to have you onboard, make yourself at home.

Feb 12 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 44 days old. DD is 33 days old.

CR is on 22/2, Temp is 77 and RH is 29% at the canopy, 72 and 36% at the top.

Temp for JH, NEM and DD was 87 today with RH at 29% during lights on, and 69 and 38% overnight. They are on an 18/6 schedule.

Another day of no work for these girls, didn't even really adjust them much.

I grabbed some pics of the training damage to the Dark Devil, and ended up pulling down on her split tops again a bit anyway. I'm more concerned with the first node's branch knuckles, but even those are more ugly than apparently problematic, as she still looks great to me.

Family pics:

JH (12.6, down from 17.6 yesterday):

Overnight droopy pic for a friend:

DD (14.2 lbs, down from 17.6 yesterday):

Damage:

NEM (13.2 lbs, down from 18.0 yesterday):

Frosting up already:

CR (22 lbs, down from 25.4 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

It's interesting to see out ladies being so close in age. True seed grows like what you are doing are at a disadvantage when compared to clones that have been rooted. But your killing it with your LED light setup. Thanks for showing us the way. You and your partner are the bomb.

Cheers

It's interesting to see out ladies being so close in age. True seed grows like what you are doing are at a disadvantage when compared to clones that have been rooted. But your killing it with your LED light setup. Thanks for showing us the way. You and your partner are the bomb.

Cheers

Co-grower and housemate, "partner" has connotations! :)

I see us as more Statler and Waldorf than Bert and Ernie.

:rofl:

Co-grower and housemate, "partner" has connotations! :)

I see us as more Statler and Waldorf than Bert and Ernie.

Statler and Waldorf! I didn't know that was their names but as soon as I saw it in context I knew that had to be it. Very funny to imagine two muppets arguing over the grow.

Bob ;)

My bad, I did not mean to offend anyone.

Cheers

Jaybiz finished up his DIY PVC portable scrog and attached it to CR's 4.6 gallon air pot. Our understanding is we'll keep her in veg until we fill the scrog and get a bit of vertical growth on the tops above, flip her to flowering and start lollipopping below the scrog

.......snip.....

Looks good to me, but as it's our first scrog comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

scrog looks great! I don't know how I missed this - I thought I was up to speed with your journal until I read comments on your scrog. I had to scroll back to fit it. Glad I did.

Statler and Waldorf! I didn't know that was their names but as soon as I saw it in context I knew that had to be it. Very funny to imagine two muppets arguing over the grow.

Bob ;)

I remember Waldorf's name consistently, but will admit I always have to google Statler, all that comes to mind was Stiffler and I know going in that isn't right.

In actuality, the extent of our fights are usually along the lines of:

"Should we smoke Rev or Northern Lights first?"

"Yes"

My bad, I did not mean to offend anyone.

Cheers

Absolutely no offense taken, it was just a springboard for a touch of mildly homophobic comedy. I'm very sorry if you gave a minute's thought to the idea you offended anyone.

Nice update btk(hehe) your "killing" it. :thumb:

+reps

Damned near, right!? hehehe

Since Britney survived her execution by light-based guillotine, I thought we'd move over to the rack for our next medievil torture-based public entertainment plan.

DaQST, Draw and Quarter Stress Training. :)

I spit out my vape cloud on this one. Are you sure its not Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker? I will let you fight over who gets to be Beaker.

Sure, just like an asshole older brother... Drop something like that then stand back and watch the battle.

Gee, Brain. What are we going to do tonight?

The same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!

Narf.

This is why I have been so worried. I am trying, with my JH, to model yours. You have a way with them, for sure.
Awesome job!

And thanks for the droopy pic, haha.

Mine are droopy no more!!!!

Thank you bro!!!

Wooot! I knew your girls weren't in any trouble, but glad to have that confirmed.

Double topping an auto isn't something I'd advise, so you may want to skip that step. :)

I waited too late to tie down my Dark Devil, don't wait as long as I did and you'll be fine. I think I know when it happened anyway. The last time we watered her I tied her down to the tray instead of the pot, then later picked up the pot and put the weight of the tray with some water in it on the branches. I think I even did it twice for double the #stonedmoron factor.

That said, she looks great still this morning so I'm considering it something like a supercrop for stress level, but without any positive benefits. I'll try to avoid it in the future, along with the light slam.

scrog looks great! I don't know how I missed this - I thought I was up to speed with your journal until I read comments on your scrog. I had to scroll back to fit it. Glad I did.

I know how, because I'm a wordy bugger who posts too often.

Jaybiz is pretty happy with it, the only improvement we've found we need so far is we need better string.

Haha DaQST now that's funny. Figure since you name all of your ladies the BTK killer fit.

Back
Top Bottom