Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Strains

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

Jbiz may you always be cursed to have too many varieties to smoke from. I curse you to have a whole wall of vintage cannabis!

I'm cursed by association then as well. I'd reflectively curse you as well, but I've seen your garden(s), if you don't have a wall yet it's because you didn't want one! :)

The anticipation over Britney is killing me!

I know right? At least 7 more updates to go before she's getting flushed for at least a couple days...

Jaybiz was itchin' to get after her today, kept giving her sideways glances and stretching out his chopping grip. We're not going to let her get as old and foxtailed as Candi was, but she's not close to that yet.

Re: Arteekay's 1st Grow - Sunshine #4 - Spider x 4 - Crop King Autoflowering Mix Stra

Brit-ney! Brit-ney!

I'm picturing you tackling JBiz, actually, as you protect Brit. Super Bowl and all ...

Did you find trimming super fox tailed bud difficult, rtk?

She is a superstar, no question in my mind. When I named her Britney, I didn't expect her to have much of a comeback. She got a Robert Downey Jr. level redemption story.

Candi was a complete and massive PITA to harvest and manicure. We'll never let a plant go untrained and un-lollipopped again. She left 50g of very sticky and potent (tested personally) popcorn underdeveloped and now stuffed in a freezer bag for later extraction.

The foxtailing itself wasn't too bad to deal with. Some of it that was just terrible was just clipped off and added to the A-grade trim pile.

I love crispy little foxtails. :laughtwo: Congrats on becoming a pot snob. LOL! It happens to all of us. Funny, but a mere 18 months ago I wasn't even aware people grew like this in their homes. Honest to god. I was oblivious to this whole world. Look how far I've come, and I'm just one little Burgh grandmother.

We do a good job of teaching on this site.

Curing Update!

First Curing Post (Trudy and Droopy)

Second Curing Post (Rev)

Third Curing Post (Tall NL)

Today was jarring day for Candi, our last Crop King Seeds Candy Cane autoflower harvested here.

She was so long we had to deal with her in sections, if we waited for the middle of the colas to be dry both ends would have been crispy beyond curing. I think we got it all into jars between 60-64% RH, but it was a challenge for sure.

49 grams of her lower nugs were compressed into a nice brick and frozen (totally respectable bud we'd have been happy to have three months ago, before we were pot snobs). 120 grams was jarred and is curing in smaller 1 liter jars for a week or two before going into another set of 1.9 liter jars we still have to buy. So our total off this plant was 169 gram, or 6oz.

We originally hoped from an ounce or two from each plant, we got our minimum off this single one.

:yahoo:

New totals:

Trudy (CKS Candy Cane) final dry weight 45 grams.

Droopy (CKS Northern Lights) final dry weight 23 grams.

Rev (CKS Revolver) final dry weight 88 grams.

Tall NL (CKS Northern Lights) final dry weight 91 grams.

Candi (CKS Candy Cane) final dry weight 169 grams.

416 grams or 14.7 oz, with Britney easily pushing us above a pound for our first grow.

I am beyond happy with the results!

:party:

Didn't take any specific pics of Candi's jarring, but here's how our pot-antry looks now:

I love crispy little foxtails. :laughtwo: Congrats on becoming a pot snob. LOL! It happens to all of us. Funny, but a mere 18 months ago I wasn't even aware people grew like this in their homes. Honest to god. I was oblivious to this whole world. Look how far I've come, and I'm just one little Burgh grandmother.

We do a good job of teaching on this site.

For 30 years I've thought of pot as pot, no real distinctions beyond Great, good, not so great, and terrible. My mind swims with the sights and smells from the plants and jars, I've really gotten caught up in the specifics now.

We were laughing early about how quickly our perspectives on quantity and quality have shifted.

As for the teaching on this site, I've said it before quite a few times. Without :420: we wouldn't have made it this far with anything approaching this level of success.

There's no words to describe how incredibly thankful I am to have met you all.

:circle-of-love:

Another boring daily update, this time with only a single blurple picture.

Brit didn't get moved or weighed, she got another 4 liters of 75% strength DNF Bloom A+B and half strength calmag+ at 718ppm and 5.8 PH.

Damn 6 zips? I'd say when the last one comes down you'll have a whole plate and a quarter, quick question how tall was Candia before she was chopped?

Damn 6 zips? I'd say when the last one comes down you'll have a whole plate and a quarter, quick question how tall was Candia before she was chopped?

I'm as surprised as anyone. I figured four or five, but even that was stretching it in my mind.

I supercropped her main top during early flowering, which took her down from 32 inches to having like 8 tops at 25. Last time I measured she was back up to 32 but that was weeks before she finished. I'd guess she was an inch or two under 3 feet when we cut her down. Measurements are from the dirt and don't include the pot.

416 grams or 14.7 oz, with Britney easily pushing us above a pound for our first grow.

Well done, sir! Thats crazy good :clap:

This has been fun to watch and read. I'm happy for you guys ! And probably jealous, just a smidge lol

Have you tapped into any of the "High Brix" threads yet ? If I could, that's the way I would go, moving forward. I recall you saying you weren't sure about upgrading your nutrient regimen once the DNF is gone and being attracted to the higher priced stuff. Doc's kit is badass, totally organic and very cost effective too. And the results are pretty staggering as well.

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to live vicariously through you haha ! :) Cheers fellow Canucks...

Simply lovely is all I can say... And wish I had the space you have to grow. :D

Still debating just turning the entire basement into three rooms all behind a big ass carbon filter or two. Future plans for another year for sure.

Well done, sir! Thats crazy good :clap:

Thank you my Liege. I've big hopes for Britney, getting excited with how thick she's getting. Lollipopping earlier seems to have worked well for her. Could have done more trimming earlier, but she's as far as we've gone so far and a great proof of concept for us.

This has been fun to watch and read. I'm happy for you guys ! And probably jealous, just a smidge lol

Have you tapped into any of the "High Brix" threads yet ? If I could, that's the way I would go, moving forward. I recall you saying you weren't sure about upgrading your nutrient regimen once the DNF is gone and being attracted to the higher priced stuff. Doc's kit is badass, totally organic and very cost effective too. And the results are pretty staggering as well.

Don't mind me. I'm just trying to live vicariously through you haha ! :) Cheers fellow Canucks...

I'm a little jealous! It still feels like someone else's weed. Too unbelievable for me to accept it fully yet. :)

Our good friend and Jan MOTM ShiggityFlip has me pretty much convinced. We're going to take a few months off after the second grow closes up and work out the details for a third grow. I want to try out some DWC too, and worry that once I go with Doc's kit I won't want to ever change. :)

I can pretty much guarantee you that trying Doc's Kit will hook you from the get go. I'm a rare case, but I was an LOS cultivator and I didn't go looking for the kit, it came looking for me. I have a perverse love of worms that leads to a love/hate relationship with the kit. I'm happier without conflict, so I'll run my soil through its three cycles and convert it into LOS.

I grew Carnival in that soil, and the blackest of my Dark Devil Autos, but I grew Buddha and The Bomb in LOS, so we're at a toss up.

This is amazing, rtk. Seriously, so many congratulations to you guys. Thanks for the tips about the foxtail tips, too! I figured they would go into the freezer for hash later ... I wonder, does super dark DD make purplish hash?

420Magazine is the best, isn't it? No matter what level you want to grow at, from hobbyist to pro, you can find the information and the mentors and teachers here. And, as important as the teachers are, you also find your fellow new growers, who very generously share in your triumphs and console you in your losses.

It's also a place just to share our love of this plant -- which many of us cannot do in our everyday lives outside our homes. Very empowering for us as individuals and for the free cannabis movement as a whole. It's hard to convince people, once they have successfully grown this plant, that it should be illegal or that cultivation of it should be allowed only by corporations.

Anyway, sorry for gassing on :) Congratulations on your jars and jars of bud and looking forward to Brit's chop!

Brit-ney! Brit-ney!

I'm picturing you tackling JBiz, actually, as you protect Brit. Super Bowl and all ...

Did you find trimming super fox tailed bud difficult, rtk?

Yep he was defending her.. Next time someone is getting cut! Him or her.. Doesn't matter to me hehehe

Still debating just turning the entire basement into three rooms all behind a big ass carbon filter or two. Future plans for another year for sure.

Thank you my Liege. I've big hopes for Britney, getting excited with how thick she's getting. Lollipopping earlier seems to have worked well for her. Could have done more trimming earlier, but she's as far as we've gone so far and a great proof of concept for us.

I'm a little jealous! It still feels like someone else's weed. Too unbelievable for me to accept it fully yet. :)

Our good friend and Jan MOTM ShiggityFlip has me pretty much convinced. We're going to take a few months off after the second grow closes up and work out the details for a third grow. I want to try out some DWC too, and worry that once I go with Doc's kit I won't want to ever change. :)

What's doc's kit?

Back
Top Bottom