Asesino85, may I know if you would like to join in our T-shirt design competition to win proII120?

Appreciate the invite but my specialty is not in design or art. I'll stick to growing under your guys' lights! Send me your best light and I'll show you art ;).

Ase's Shirt should read Quad Squad ? I am the Quad Squad mthrfckrs

Just a # on the front and Quad Squad on the back. Where is Newty? She'd flip for one of these. I'd take one with your tagline too.

So what would you call this? Hexline? This is a Bubblegun plant with trilateral branching.

full
Down on my block we call that "6 the hard way!"

Peace! Sparks

Day 28 Veg Tent A - Day 51 and Day 6 Flower Tent B

Well the smooth sailing in Tent B has finally ended. When the power problem happened at my house it knocked out my lights and fans and everything for a couple days. Remember the time when I accidentally left my canopy fan off? Well I got the same results. I found a little bit of mold on just a couple buds on my White Rhino and Chemdawg. Nothing too big and I was able to recognize it right away and get it cut off the plant. I'll monitor them closely to make sure no more pop up but with just 3 weeks left I should be fine if it doesn't progress, which it shouldn't. If it seems to keep flaring up then I may have to pull them earlier than expected. The Super Iced Grapefruit looks fantastic and the Purple Envy is doing well too. The weather has gotten hot and no humidity in sight so that should help the flower tent keep the humidity where it needs to be.

The clones in the Flower Tent are really only about 5 full days of growing but technically it's day 6. I see light green starting to show in each of the plants nodes so I think roots are starting to sprout and the plants growing a ltitle. The coco was fairly dry and the clones looked a little more wilted than normal so it was finally time to give them a light watering. I'll also keep spraying them. A little worried about the two little clones (I really need to be 100% certain which are female and male before putting on the net) but they both showed some light green growth so hoping they pull through.

The veg tent plants got their second defoliation today (first being the removal of the 1st and 2nd nodes a while back). All of the plants lost their 4 big fan leaves. This tent has been so much fun. I can't wait to start training on the net. I'm a little nervous I have 5 males and 3 females but in all reality I have no idea what I am talking about other than research I've done as I've never grown regs.

I actually remembered to take a full before picture! Cherry tomatoes aren't doing anything and starting to piss me off. I love cherry tomatoes.
After the defoliation. This is normally the time I'd start pulling them down with my stakes for the quadline but since this is a scrog I'll just let them grow. They aren't in their final homes either so when I transplant them I will put them all the way down in the pot and fill in coco on top if any are getting too tall (of the females of course, the males won't get a final home).

Never grown reg seeds huh? Don’t over think it and make it to be hard because it’s not. When you see balls you’ll see em! They’ll start to pop out a little oval shaped pollen sac and that’s when you cull or separate them. You won’t pollinate anything until a sac opens and the stigma are able to release pollen

Ase, since I'm scrogging them girls do you think it'd be wise if I untie them when i flip?

If you are using a real scrog net that is tight then when you put the net on you can untie them and let them grow into the net. You can do it either way but that will be how I do mine. If I wasn’t using a net then they wouldn’t get untied until after stretch with a traditional quadline.

Never grown reg seeds huh? Don’t over think it and make it to be hard because it’s not. When you see balls you’ll see em! They’ll start to pop out a little oval shaped pollen sac and that’s when you cull or separate them. You won’t pollinate anything until a sac opens and the stigma are able to release pollen

Yes never grown regs! However I have had a hermie once and a full male so I know what to look for. I needed to make it more difficult by cloning and sexing though so I can get that net going. Once they are under the net I don’t want to have to remove them. Likely, since they are all ATFs, to fill out then net I am going to need to cross branches and train them into each other. That’ll be a pain if one of those turns out male and I have to cut it out and retrain all the others.

I'm gonna use this net, Its 16x16 cm for each hole. Do you think its appropriate to untie them if I use it?

Nope. Not until after stretch. That will be a good support net though but in my opinion that will be too loose to really keep the plants pushed down so you can leave the ties until after stretch.

Nope. Not until after stretch. That will be a good support net though but in my opinion that will be too loose to really keep the plants pushed down so you can leave the ties until after stretch.

Thank you very much for the help and detailed answers! The net is not necessary but since im growing without tent I think a support net will come in handy.

Will update you with photos from time to time so you can see how's it going on.
Thank you once again!

I thought about giving these girls ~15ish days more before flipping them, only cause there are a few smaller. I can either flip them sooner or remove 2 girls and give them some more time or generally just give them some more, let me know what you would do please!

I just have defoliated them yesterday so they look a bit unhappy :d

Some more #quadsquad photos and results

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I thought about giving these girls ~15ish days more before flipping them, only cause there are a few smaller. I can either flip them sooner or remove 2 girls and give them some more time or generally just give them some more, let me know what you would do please!

I just have defoliated them yesterday so they look a bit unhappy :d

Some more #quadsquad photos and results

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

They look really good actually. You seem to be doing very well. You have more than a few montsters in there!

If you are concerned about space you could save a little space by turning every other pot an 1/8th of a turn. Instead of diamonds tip to tip you'll have diamond-square-diamond-square.

I usually do a big defoliation and then wait a week for them to be in perfect health again and then flip them. Yours are pretty big and will stretch too. I'm thinking about a week? If by then the little ones are still not to satisfaction you could cull them and veg another week (making two weeks from now).

Honestly it depends on your goals, space and time. Sounds like time isn't really an issue and looks like you have a lot of space too.

Are these all the same strain? If they are then the little ones are probably little due to genetics and just will never catch up to the others. That's not to say you can't still get a good number off of them, but it won't end up like all the others. Are these feminized seeds as well?

Yep, its all same seeds - Feminised Critical + 2.0 from Dinafem. There are 3 phenos, 2 more sativa leaning and one indica which always stays smaller, its my second time growing them. I popped 30 seeds but I needed 26 so I should have popped 50 but I have revegged a monster plant from the previous grow so I'll clone it. I just havent decided yet if its worth clones or quadline but thats why i'm eager to see your scrog with the clones and I'll decide what route to take.

I wont have clones ready for the next run cause tomorrow I would be taking the clones from the revegged plant to make 2 mothers, so i will definately do a better attempt at #quadlining with 1 pheno the next time.

To me, all it matters is how fast does it happen. However, this is my third grow overall so I have to check different methods so I can decide which is for me and that takes some time.
Definitely will try the square diamond and see what happens.

Yep, its all same seeds - Feminised Critical + 2.0 from Dinafem. There are 3 phenos, 2 more sativa leaning and one indica which always stays smaller, its my second time growing them. I popped 30 seeds but I needed 26 so I should have popped 50 but I have revegged a monster plant from the previous grow so I'll clone it. I just havent decided yet if its worth clones or quadline but thats why i'm eager to see your scrog with the clones and I'll decide what route to take.

I wont have clones ready for the next run cause tomorrow I would be taking the clones from the revegged plant to make 2 mothers, so i will definately do a better attempt at #quadlining with 1 pheno the next time.

To me, all it matters is how fast does it happen. However, this is my third grow overall so I have to check different methods so I can decide which is for me and that takes some time.

Ah, well sorry to disappoint but all my ATF's are from seed and I'm just sexing the clones to see if they are male/female as they were reg seeds. I'll get rid of all the clones and the males and then scrog the remaining females. My 3rd grow ever was a scrog with clones though and it turned out pretty well. Growing a mother plant and cloning it knowing that it is a stellar plant would be ideal. Theoretically they should all turn out the same.

If they are all the same strain I'd just wait a week and then flip them. The shorter ones are likely the Indica pheno and you don't want to toss them just because of that! At least I wouldn't but like I said before, it depends on your goals.

Day 34 Veg Tent A - Day 57 Flower Tent B

Well lets start off with the clones. I'm going to give them a couple more days and then likely they will be gone. I put them right into the flower tent before they rooted without a humidity dome or anything. They did really well up until this last weekend and then I neglected them. I actually had some impromptu family and friends come into town so I really had no time to spend in my tents. Since the humidity has been really low I think they all have basically had too little humidity and are on the verge of dying. I'll see what I can do to save them but I might just take new cuttings and just pay better attention to them. I have a couple weeks of nothing going on (finally) so I should be able to not mess them up. I am in no hurry to get the ATFs into flower so it just delays things a bit. No biggie.

Speaking of ATFs. They really probably need to be put into their larger homes soon but I want to know the sex first so in these pots they stay. I'll take clones again in the next couple days and this time I'll do them in rooter cubes and actually use my humidity dome. I've been using it outside for veggies and fruits but those are all in the ground now so I can use it again. Either way they all look healthy and happy.

The Flower girls will be going through flush in a few days. These colas are so fat and sparkly that I am getting excited to see the yield of them. I think a lot of this will go into my personal stash as this stuff just looks like and smells like fire. I'll have to bust out the seed collections and decide on my next 4. I think it is going to look something like : Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Double Berry and Durban Poison. The little bit of mold I had hasn't flared up anywhere else and humidity has been in the 45% range so I should get a good finish now.

Super Iced is killing it in the back left followed by the Purple Envy in the front left. Chemdawg in the front right and White Rhino back right.

I'll throw in an update on my outdoor fruits and veggies in the next update. Believe it or not I am way more excited about all of that than anything I am growing indoors.

Looking real good Ases, how tall do I go before I flower? I have two plants that are growing some long poles off the top quad line. Really pleased with your method here!!

Keep up the good work so I can follow along.
:passitleft:

Thank you Lowded! I think this is a bit tricky to answer. Height is kind of irrelevant in my world. I try to keep them as low as possible and that just depends on how hard you train them. I go more by budsights. Once I see the amount of budisghts I want (around 20-24) then I let them all grow vertical together for a week or so and then flip. It's usually close to 6 weeks in veg.

morning mr.A, some cracking buddage if I do say so myself.....

Yeah I can't wait to flush them and move on. They should get a little bigger in these last couple weeks, especially once the major flush happens. Going to wait for a warmer day before I do my major flush though so they can dry out a little faster.

Day 35 Veg Tent A

Today I went to my grow area and felt the branches of the ATFs and realized they were starting to toughen up a bit. I had to get them trained before they got any less flexible. I'll be re-cloning all of them again soon and not neglecting them this time. Most of the others are still going in case they recover but I've tossed two of them already. Anyways just noting that I did a small defoliation on all of them and pinned them down today. Of course they look unhappy but I always put up a bounce back picture so be on the look out for that in the next 48 hours. The bounce back is always really quick in coco. My defoliation basically just removed 4 fan leaves from every plant. They are the 4 that point to the middle of the plant and cover up all the inner nodes. I want those nodes to get light so they can each become a small branch for a cola.

#Quadsquad+Bonsai.

Back
Top Bottom