I got them from I love growing marijuana. I got that journal up and going. Thanks again for being a willing teacher! And I’m loving the progress your girls are making!! Can’t wait to see the Scrog as well. Will you quadline and Scrog? And is that something I should consider with my height limitations?
I have a blue dream from them going right now. Definitely favors the blueberry side of the lineage and I didn't get the massive stretch that so many of the Humboldt strain growers see. Beautiful plant though!

Ase, you garden looks excellent as usual! Love the variety and the cherry maters as well. Getting ready to get all my stuff transplanted outdoors into the veggie garden. I think the danger zone with frost is over now.

This is why I was asking. I wanted to see if there is any correlation between yours and the one Van Stank is growing. That's probably a great thing that yours is from the same as his considering you have height restrictions. I stopped using a scrog because the whole point of quadlining is to create a screen-less scrog. It at least mimics the fact that the colas are evenly spread out for airflow and light. Well I am doing this scrog for Colorado Kid and it'll probably be the last one I do. I will be quadlining them but a little differently than normal. I will be using the net to make them grow flat instead of tying them down with the metal stakes and tomato wire. Instead of them being pulled down like a flux, they are going to be pushed down by the net. In that regard they are more leaning towards the softer side of quadlining and more like a 4-way LST than the normal fluxish training.

For your first grow I'd keep it simple and hand train them. If you think you need a scrog for the next run then you can do it but you want to take away a lot of variables on your first grow. That way when you have problems you can identify the issue easier because there are less things happening. Quadlining should be all you need really.

@Van Stank - HSO Blue Dream crossed with a 420 Blue Dream sounds like the perfect growers Blue Dream does it not?

Thanks again, Ase! Another question for ya. I’m gonna try my best to mimic your nutrient ratios and I’m gonna try the quadline....but the soil...if there was one person who could guide me as far as PPM per feeding in soil who would it be? Im sure you are familiar with more than one who has success with this medium but I guess just one you feel has a good understanding of the PPM aspect.

Thanks again, Ase! Another question for ya. I’m gonna try my best to mimic your nutrient ratios and I’m gonna try the quadline....but the soil...if there was one person who could guide me as far as PPM per feeding in soil who would it be? Im sure you are familiar with more than one who has success with this medium but I guess just one you feel has a good understanding of the PPM aspect.

I actually can answer that. If I remember right you are starting in fox farms soils so you should just need straight water for about 3-4 weeks. I think the bags usually say on it. You can add a little calmag or root enhancers if you have them but really the plant should have all it needs in the soil for a bit. I think we still haven't given my girlfriends CBDreams any nutrients yet and they are on Day 29. Anyways I would just start off by feeding them 1/2 strength of what the bottle recommends and when they really start growing fast you can bump it up to 3/4 strength. As you can see I have said nothing of PPM. All you should probably do is measure the PPM of the feedings after you mix up what the bottle recommends. You will be able to learn from that and it will help you later on when mixing nutes, but PPM isn't quite as important in soil as it is in hydro. I would also switch between water and feed every other watering. If the plants start to lighten up than you can move to a schedule of feed-feed-water. Absolutely do not overwater in soil. I hope you read the discussion on that a couple pages back that Van Stank broke down. It's essential to soil growing.

An easy way to do it according to my NPK schedule is really by guessing as you don't have to be exact in soil. The schedule on your nutrient bottles will probably be pretty basic. If in flower the bottles say to do 3 micro (my nitrogen heavy bottle), 5 grow (my potassium heavy bottle) and 5 flower (my phosphorous heavy bottle) but my schedule says to hit a ratio of 1-5-4, then you can reasonably assume that if you cut your micro from 3 to 1 and bump the flower from 5 to 7 then you are way more close to my schedule.

I actually can answer that. If I remember right you are starting in fox farms soils so you should just need straight water for about 3-4 weeks. I think the bags usually say on it. You can add a little calmag or root enhancers if you have them but really the plant should have all it needs in the soil for a bit. I think we still haven't given my girlfriends CBDreams any nutrients yet and they are on Day 29. Anyways I would just start off by feeding them 1/2 strength of what the bottle recommends and when they really start growing fast you can bump it up to 3/4 strength. As you can see I have said nothing of PPM. All you should probably do is measure the PPM of the feedings after you mix up what the bottle recommends. You will be able to learn from that and it will help you later on when mixing nutes, but PPM isn't quite as important in soil as it is in hydro. I would also switch between water and feed every other watering. If the plants start to lighten up than you can move to a schedule of feed-feed-water. Absolutely do not overwater in soil. I hope you read the discussion on that a couple pages back that Van Stank broke down. It's essential to soil growing.

An easy way to do it according to my NPK schedule is really by guessing as you don't have to be exact in soil. The schedule on your nutrient bottles will probably be pretty basic. If in flower the bottles say to do 3 micro (my nitrogen heavy bottle), 5 grow (my potassium heavy bottle) and 5 flower (my phosphorous heavy bottle) but my schedule says to hit a ratio of 1-5-4, then you can reasonably assume that if you cut your micro from 3 to 1 and bump the flower from 5 to 7 then you are way more close to my schedule.
Ok. So don’t sweat the nutes for a few weeks except maybe some calmag. When I think they can handle a little, start small. I’ll probably post the specifics in my thread so please just smack my hand when appropriate. Haha! Thanks again brother!

This is why I was asking. I wanted to see if there is any correlation between yours and the one Van Stank is growing. That's probably a great thing that yours is from the same as his considering you have height restrictions. I stopped using a scrog because the whole point of quadlining is to create a screen-less scrog. It at least mimics the fact that the colas are evenly spread out for airflow and light. Well I am doing this scrog for Colorado Kid and it'll probably be the last one I do. I will be quadlining them but a little differently than normal. I will be using the net to make them grow flat instead of tying them down with the metal stakes and tomato wire. Instead of them being pulled down like a flux, they are going to be pushed down by the net. In that regard they are more leaning towards the softer side of quadlining and more like a 4-way LST than the normal fluxish training.

For your first grow I'd keep it simple and hand train them. If you think you need a scrog for the next run then you can do it but you want to take away a lot of variables on your first grow. That way when you have problems you can identify the issue easier because there are less things happening. Quadlining should be all you need really.

@Van Stank - HSO Blue Dream crossed with a 420 Blue Dream sounds like the perfect growers Blue Dream does it not?
That could be a very interesting cross. Makes me curious to try a R1 cross with those two versions since I don't have any male Blue Dreams. I planned on trying it with the Blue Dream and Northern Lights as well, I could actually do them together at the same time possibly.

Great info here! I had a similar goal for my current soil grow, which was to get scrog results without using a net. My training ended up being very close to quadline - without having ever heard of it.

Speaking of quad-line and scrog thats what im gonna try in my current grow so we shall see the results from it

Sadly, I have 1 plant which is way beyond others but that happens when you dont buy enough seeds.

Ase, how long more do you think these need before flowered? I thought flipping them next Monday or Tuesday?
I hope you dont mind me posting some photos, its all based on your methods.

Your quad line is killing it for my grow, sadly I neglected it a bit so I believe I can do it better next time. We'll see the quadline scrog results and see if its worth it :d
Sorry for the yellow photos :/

I have a successful tri-line too aswell, thank you.

This is what happens when you dont pay enough attention to some plant :/

Great info here! I had a similar goal for my current soil grow, which was to get scrog results without using a net. My training ended up being very close to quadline - without having ever heard of it.

Hey Mota and welcome! I can't believe I am doing a scrog again but I hope I can really do a jaw dropping filled screen. I like the flexibility of quadlining and having a net on there is going to be a giant pain. It is nice doing something different then normal again. I think I'll have one tent which will be quadlined and multi strain and one tent for fun things like scrogs or growing one single plants. Keeps things interesting.

Speaking of quad-line and scrog thats what im gonna try in my current grow so we shall see the results from it

Sadly, I have 1 plant which is way beyond others but that happens when you dont buy enough seeds.

Ase, how long more do you think these need before flowered? I thought flipping them next Monday or Tuesday?
I hope you dont mind me posting some photos, its all based on your methods.

Your quad line is killing it for my grow, sadly I neglected it a bit so I believe I can do it better next time. We'll see the quadline scrog results and see if its worth it :d
Sorry for the yellow photos :/

I have a successful tri-line too aswell, thank you.

This is what happens when you dont pay enough attention to some plant :/

Don't mind at all! They look pretty good. I'm stoked you took my route and hopefully you get the results you want with it! Plants are pretty resilient in veg as long as you don't neglect them in flower you'll be just fine. I think you've got it nailed on the flip date of being Monday/Tuesday. I'd just focus on making them as happy as you can right before you flip them.

I like that you have a tri-line! I feel like every #quadsquad member has had a tri-line once or twice. I also like the picture of the girl that got away a bit. They harden up and then keeping them more horizontal is really difficult. For your first time doing it though I'm pretty impressed.

Hey Ase! I can’t remember if it was in this journal or another....feel like I’ve read so many lately...but I know you use LEDs and I was wondering a good height to keep mine above my seedlings. Thanks brother!

Never mind bud I found it. Start about 30” and let the plant grow till around 24” from the light through veg. Just realized you could search within a thread. That’ll come in handy!

Never mind bud I found it. Start about 30” and let the plant grow till around 24” from the light through veg. Just realized you could search within a thread. That’ll come in handy!

Yeah the new search is actually pretty cool. The old one I didn't like at all. Those are just good estimates as well. Each setup or light will be slightly different and you can adjust them down a couple inches to see if the plants still like it or not. 24" is a pretty safe bet though. 30" for seedling should be good and they don't need a lot of light.

So what would you call this? Hexline? This is a Bubblegun plant with trilateral branching.

full

So what would you call this? Hexline? This is a Bubblegun plant with trilateral branching.

full
Naw to me that is just LST. When I refer to anything being "lined" it means there is only 3 branches (tri-line) or 4 branches (quadlined). I guess if you had tri-lateral branching you could theoretically have 6 but that's probably extremely rare. You have to train and defoliate really early to get the plant just to focus on those branches supporting the entire plant. All of the branches will be the same thickness. Anything left more than 4 branches isn't really hitting the concept of running all the nutrients through 3 or 4 main branches to a nice even canopy either. In your picture those 4 little branches under the tri-lateral branching on top are thin and won't hold a lot of weight. They are also really spaced out. You would want the node tighter in distance from each other. My idea is that it's just best to remove those very early on so the plant doesn't waste it's energy trying to build those up. I'm all about the plant focusing it's energy and I use my quadline training to help with that. With that being said, I would just continue to LST and leave them and see if you can see what I am saying when the plant is finished. I bet those ones will be flopping around. Next time try to get to it early and you'll see the difference.

I just took a picture of a plant of mine because sometimes a picture is a lot easier to understand than just writing!

Day 28 Veg Tent A - Day 51 and Day 6 Flower Tent B

Well the smooth sailing in Tent B has finally ended. When the power problem happened at my house it knocked out my lights and fans and everything for a couple days. Remember the time when I accidentally left my canopy fan off? Well I got the same results. I found a little bit of mold on just a couple buds on my White Rhino and Chemdawg. Nothing too big and I was able to recognize it right away and get it cut off the plant. I'll monitor them closely to make sure no more pop up but with just 3 weeks left I should be fine if it doesn't progress, which it shouldn't. If it seems to keep flaring up then I may have to pull them earlier than expected. The Super Iced Grapefruit looks fantastic and the Purple Envy is doing well too. The weather has gotten hot and no humidity in sight so that should help the flower tent keep the humidity where it needs to be.

The clones in the Flower Tent are really only about 5 full days of growing but technically it's day 6. I see light green starting to show in each of the plants nodes so I think roots are starting to sprout and the plants growing a ltitle. The coco was fairly dry and the clones looked a little more wilted than normal so it was finally time to give them a light watering. I'll also keep spraying them. A little worried about the two little clones (I really need to be 100% certain which are female and male before putting on the net) but they both showed some light green growth so hoping they pull through.

The veg tent plants got their second defoliation today (first being the removal of the 1st and 2nd nodes a while back). All of the plants lost their 4 big fan leaves. This tent has been so much fun. I can't wait to start training on the net. I'm a little nervous I have 5 males and 3 females but in all reality I have no idea what I am talking about other than research I've done as I've never grown regs.

I actually remembered to take a full before picture! Cherry tomatoes aren't doing anything and starting to piss me off. I love cherry tomatoes.
After the defoliation. This is normally the time I'd start pulling them down with my stakes for the quadline but since this is a scrog I'll just let them grow. They aren't in their final homes either so when I transplant them I will put them all the way down in the pot and fill in coco on top if any are getting too tall (of the females of course, the males won't get a final home).

Back
Top Bottom