Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

Subbed for this one. I am in my second grow with coco. I am very interested in getting caught up with this journal as I am trying for what you have going.

ASE!! Hey bud finally made it over. Glad to see u still got things rocking n rolling. Just caught up and so damn informative!! M bout to harvest my first two coco girls and wanted to say thanks for your help on my first grow. M gonna b along for this long ride. Love the set up!! Great work as always keep it up the community m sure appriciates it!!!

Subbed for this one. I am in my second grow with coco. I am very interested in getting caught up with this journal as I am trying for what you have going.

Welcome aboard. I wish I had a DIY project like you do for your separate rooms. At the same time I will be looking into buying a house at some point soon and a little grow room or potential to build one will play a factor in that decision. For now having the two separate tents works just fine.

ASE!! Hey bud finally made it over. Glad to see u still got things rocking n rolling. Just caught up and so damn informative!! M bout to harvest my first two coco girls and wanted to say thanks for your help on my first grow. M gonna b along for this long ride. Love the set up!! Great work as always keep it up the community m sure appriciates it!!!

What up Pino! Glad you could make it! I tried to put together a good summary of how I grow and why (mainly things I learned from my rookie year of growing). I like the way the start of my journal worked out. Hopefully a newer grower could just read it and have a good start.

The 4 Photos should all be examples of my techniques and why I do what I do. In the end that should (hopefully) result in 4 beautiful plants and some strong clones. You are welcome for the help. You did a great job and I have been following along. Anxious to see how you do in the end. Just be patient with drying and curing.

I think m gonna try the Dr. Ziggy low and slow in the firdge. I have a monogram dorm fidge with digital temp. Then m also gonna do the regular way. I want to find the best way. I feel no reason to put in all the time growing jus to rush the cure. I have learned a lot from u. Do you bud wash? What way do you dry and cure if u dont mind me asking? Heard a lot bout the broveda 62 packs. Thanks in advance. Also how long do you flush your coco befire harvest? Sorry for all questions jus dont want to screw the pooch at the end!!

I think m gonna try the Dr. Ziggy low and slow in the firdge. I have a monogram dorm fidge with digital temp. Then m also gonna do the regular way. I want to find the best way. I feel no reason to put in all the time growing jus to rush the cure. I have learned a lot from u. Do you bud wash? What way do you dry and cure if u dont mind me asking? Heard a lot bout the broveda 62 packs. Thanks in advance. Also how long do you flush your coco befire harvest? Sorry for all questions jus dont want to screw the pooch at the end!!

I do bud wash. Due to a timing issue I couldn't bud wash once and it still turned out great. There will always be little bugs and hairs and junk that gets in them and I would always recommend bud washing though. Then I hang the plant in a 2'X4' tent with a small dehumidifier and a fan blowing air around, but not at them. I try to let them hang for a week and slowly drop the humidity to the mid 50s. I've never let them dry out to the point where the stems snap. I even tried to let one plant go for a couple days longer in the tent and they just won't (for me), especially if you hang them whole.

When they are dry on the outside but still kind of spongy in the middle is a good time to cut and jar them. They will be dry enough to smoke in about a week but they really hit another level about 2-3 weeks in the jars (Low 60s humidity. I don't measure it anymore but I can kind of tell by touching the buds where they are at.). I open the jars and roll the buds around so they don't stick together or develop mold. I don't use any packs or anything but if they keep your humidity at the right level then they can't hurt to use. I just fill the jars up 3/4 of the way and roll them around everyday. I leave the lid off for a few minutes to a half hour depending on how moist the bud feels. If they are getting too moist I will dump them on a tray and leave them out until they feel dryish again, usually an hour or so.

I flush my coco about a week before harvest. I think it's a good thing to see the leaves using up the stored nutrients in them. I don't PH my flush water either. Just straight tap water. Use a PPM meter if you have one to check the runoff of each plant and make sure the ppm has dropped to where it is close to the water you are putting in.

I mentioned you in a post letting you know I waited to water and well i spelled your name wrong. I'm sorry. I am blaming the beer I had the night before and waking up way to early.

Well I know there have been a lot of posts and updates from me lately but there will be times soon where it will be slow and I won't have anything to update. As of now, that isn't the case. Both of my prizes from Gorilla Seeds and Crop Kings Seeds came today. I am really going to have to think about what I am going to do with my next grow. I could really see the practical use of a 3rd 4x4' tent but I really don't want more than what I've got going. I even have the equipment all ready to go for an entire 3rd tent, just not the tent. 2 tents is my limit for now and I will just have to think of what strains I really want to keep going. All 4 of the photos look good so I will be taking a few clones from each in a week or so. My friend has one I want a clone from and now I have all the seeds from the prizes. I guess there could be worse problems to have...;)

All of the sponsors so far have been very easy to deal with. I've read stories about issues with getting the seeds. I can confirm that both of them were incredibly easy to deal with and I got exactly what I ordered. Well not exactly, seems like I got a couple extras from both seedbanks :). Thanks Gorilla Seeds and Crop King Seeds!

IMG_260720.JPG

Crop King Seeds
Purple Kush x7 - Indica
Cali OG Kush/Haze x7 - Sativa

I basically ordered 5 each of the most potent Indica/Sativa and it looks like got a couple extra of each. I have an odd feeling I will be keeping these strains around for a while. Both sound incredible and the Purple Kush comes highly recommended by a few sources.

Gorilla Seedbank
Lost Coast OG x3
Purple Envy x3
Anubis x1
Cinderella99 x1
Honeysuckle x1
Lemon Venom x1

Gorilla Seeds was incredibly fast and friendly and responsive. I really wanted to do the Lost Coast OG because Blaze did it and it looked great so that was the main goal. The lady let me spend all $50 on just seeds (without tax) and then shipped it stealth for free (usually an add on in price). They also threw in 3 Purple Envy's (which are not a bottom scale seed for them) so for that I was grateful. She also gave me the if you spend $50 USD you get free seeds promo and I got the Cinderella 99 and the Honeysuckle from that. Just a pleasant experience.

Ultimately it's about the strains though. I think I see a Lost Coast OG/Purple Envy/Purple Kush/Cali OG Kush grow for my Fall or Winter grow.

Sherry is a big reason i keep using Gorilla. I have one of those Anubis from pyramid and it sounds really good. Also got the honeysuckle, c99 and lemon venom as freebies and they all sound pretty great too.

Awesome seed stock Ase! I'm about 3 weeks from chop on my CKS Cali OG's and they are turning out pretty swell for my first grow.. Can't wait to see what someone with some skills gets out of them! Also just got a few of those Lost Coasts myself for a future run.. I love OGs

Yeah, sherry is very cool. With my last order, the free seeds were worth more than the order I placed. LOL! I'm not complaining.

BTW, that purple envy is pretty cool. Mine are growing well and were strong from the beginning.

I like how all 4 of you came up with different ones you liked from my latest order.

Sherry is a big reason i keep using Gorilla. I have one of those Anubis from pyramid and it sounds really good. Also got the honeysuckle, c99 and lemon venom as freebies and they all sound pretty great too.

Lemon Venom and Anubis were two I added on to the Lost Coast OGs to hit my gift certificate. I didn't spend too long choosing as the OGs were what were really important to me (and price to make it all work). Anubis and Lemon Venom were the two that fit the right price point and caught my eye. It was very nice of them to let me have the website promo (as I wasn't really spending any money, just a voucher) and then Sherry throwing in the Purple Envy's (sounds like she might do that to all winners but either way that's being an awesome sponsor!).

Some nice options in there. Love me some Purple Kush. Lost Coast OG sounds great.

Purple Kush came recommended by a few people on this forums. It was my counter to the Cali OGs I got. They both came from Crop King Seeds and they were easy to deal with and threw in a couple extra of each strain. I've always shied away from them because I like just getting one or two seeds and not in multiples of 5 but they have some solid strains I want to try and if I get good results with these I will likely want to try those others.

Awesome seed stock Ase! I'm about 3 weeks from chop on my CKS Cali OG's and they are turning out pretty swell for my first grow.. Can't wait to see what someone with some skills gets out of them! Also just got a few of those Lost Coasts myself for a future run.. I love OGs

Thanks Shidden! I showed it to a friend and he used to grow and he said he really liked all the different options I had too. I've also got seeds leftover from my first grow (Aurora Indica) and 2nd grow (Chemdawg, White Rhino, Ayahuasca Purple and Purple Trainwreck) as well as Panama, Jock Horror, Critical Cheese and Black Jack and 16 mystery Nirvana freebies. Needless to say I don't think I need seeds anytime soon (I also plan to clone most of these so these should last a while). The Cali OGs I might be looking forward to the most. I will have to check out your journal to see what I should expect!

Yeah, sherry is very cool. With my last order, the free seeds were worth more than the order I placed. LOL! I'm not complaining. BTW, that purple envy is pretty cool. Mine are growing well and were strong from the beginning.

The Purple Envy's look awesome and obviously I got the Lost Coast OGs because of you! Gonna see what I can do with them ;).

Sherry at Gorilla was awesome to deal with. .

Little does Sherry know how many positive things are said about her and her customer service. All of them accurate.

Autos Day 46 - Photos Day 39

I will likely the the Photos go 10 more days. I will do continue to train them for the next 3 or 4 days and then just let them go vertical for the remainder and then it's time to flip. In 2 days I will be doing another hard defoliation and this is when I will likely take any clones. I could probably just flip them now but I am in no hurry and want to make sure the training is exactly where I want it.

Going from top left counterclockwise - Jack Herer, Tangerine Dream, White Caste, Amnesiac. This is what they look like when I first come home from work with no training or defoliation. I train them everyday and usually I post a picture of them when they are done but decided to show something different today.
IMG_262515.JPG

The autos are a really fun right now. The Gorilla Glue is budding up, the Headlights is stacking and hairs are popping out of everywhere and the Cherry Bomb just keeps growing. There was more hairs today so I think it's stopping but I keep having to supercrop or bend the branches to make sure it doesn't get too close to my lights. I can't really get the lights any higher. The seedbanks say the Gorilla Glue will finish first and then Headlights 10 days after and the Cherry Bomb 10 days after that. Pretty cool that they all actually look about 10 days behind one another. That must mean I am doing something right with these things.

IMG_262317.JPG

Gorilla Glue
IMG_261219.JPG

Headlights
IMG_261822.JPG

Cherry Bomb
IMG_262021.JPG

Back
Top Bottom