Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

That sticker though .LoL looking great bru. Give a close up of that GG flowering please!

420-magazine-mobile2095290026.jpg

Roots all over the top on all 3 autos
420-magazine-mobile1799004174.jpg

Looking good brother!! Sub'd

Thanks Van Stank! Glad to see your support follow me to this journal! I must be doing something right! Lol.

Plants are booming and there are roots just coming out of everywhere. Some of the roots on my top layer of coco are insane! Bigger roots = less veg time and hopefully more yield! I'm a pretty happy camper so far with these new girls, even the autos.

Photos 30 days

Just noting that all the Photos are going crazy and my tent was filling up. I decided to give them a major defoliation session. This will help all the little nodes get light in the middle as well. The Jack Herer is catching up which is also awesome.

Here is what they look like just after defoliation and training. I will likely let them grow and defoliate like this one more time. After that time I'll let them recover and then flip! Probably a couple more weeks away.
420-magazine-mobile1033683164.jpg

Roots on the top of the coco on the Autos, just going bonkers.
420-magazine-mobile1278693863.jpg

Gotta love when they grow roots on top! That scrogger thing seems like a cool idea if anything. Congrats btw!

Thanks GG. This is my first time with roots like this and this fast. Also my first time using root enhancers and that obviously has a lot to do with it.

Might be using that scrogger in a 4'x2' tent with my new light I got from the contest. Mars Hydro Pro II Epistar 160. Thanks Mars Hydro! Maybe I'll use the Dutch Master Nutes and one of my contest seeds and make it an all contest grow when they come. Although a friend wants me to do a one plant and grow with one of his Incredible Bulk seeds.

420-magazine-mobile535327514.jpg

Ase, will you take any action on those roots? I show roots like that every time I water my 24K Golds lately. I was thinking of adding more coco / perlite on the top prior to watering?

Ase, will you take any action on those roots? I show roots like that every time I water my 24K Golds lately. I was thinking of adding more coco / perlite on the top prior to watering?

I don't have a lot of options. I can't really add too much more coco to the top of mine. If I do it will just fall out of the pot with the waterings. The concept really is no different to me to when they hit the outside of the fabric pots. They either curl back in or the tips die off which is not a problem.

I would add more coco if I had room but eventually you just plain run out of room and the plant will figure it out. Roots don't want to be exposed to light or air so they'll curl back down. No harm really if they don't either. There are plenty of roots now.

Looking good Assasin.

I see you're rocking the autos this time round.

Thanks Blaze.

3 Autos and 4 Photos. Autos were pretty much just promotional ones that came via seedbanks when you spent $50 or whatever. I'm a Photos guy, just needed to get rid of them and with 2 separate tents I was able to squeeze in an extra grow since they will require less time than my Photos.

After these it's back to all Photos and cloning again. Nothing against Autos, but I just like to dictate the plants schedules.

Autos Day 40 - Photos Day 33

I've began to give the Autos Flowering-ish nutes. I don't follow the nute table I put up in the beginning of this thread for Autos since they move at their own speed. However, I am cutting back on the bitrogen a bit and boosting the potassium and phosphorous. I will also stop with the rapidstart as the roots are everywhere now. The Photos I am following my nutes schedule. They are almost 5 weeks old in total and according to that schedule I should be flipping in 9 days. I have an odd feeling I will flip them in more like 16 so I'll just repeat veg week 5 nutes for another week.

The Photos are all being trained daily at the moment. They are growing really fast.

The Autos are slowing down and getting ready to fatten up. The Gorilla Glue is not going to get any bigger. The Headlights is still growing a bit but it's really slow. The Cherry Bomb just keeps going. This thing is turning out to be a winner but I'm seeing more hairs and soon it will be done stretching.

Tent looks happy so I have nothing to complain about. Will be cleaning and using my second tent starting this weekend.

420-magazine-mobile1407375075.jpg

Height

420-magazine-mobile1438921909.jpg

I like those photo strains I saw in your update. Both Cherry bomb and white castle are strains I'm interested in.

I'd say add the extra 7 days Ase, couldn't do harm and should add a bit to them :ganjamon: they are looking sweet. Wouldn't mind winning one of those panels me self. Would make for a great side project

Yeah one week in the seedling stage and 6 weeks veg seems perfect for me. With the training I do and defoliation sessions I think I need it as well! At the moment I am literally moving the plant ties everyday. Once they reach the edge of the pot there really isn't much I can do!

I do think it's time to have a side project. I've always wanted to try to make my own seeds. Maybe I'll start looking into that.

Another quick update today. Got the plants moved into their tents so they had room and did some more training.

Autos into the Veg Tent. Both tents are currently set at 18/6. Gorilla Glue in the back. Cherry Bomb to the left and Headlights to the right.
IMG_258820.JPG

4 days from the previous training and did another major defoliation and training session. I will likely keep training for a week more and then let them grow for a week and flip.
IMG_258122.JPG

The amount of leaves I took off this time. Had about the same last time 4 days ago. Just from the photos as I am not defoliating the Autos to minimize stress.
IMG_259023.JPG

Back
Top Bottom