Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

You may be right there.

I think the only freebie I've had good luck with was the Blue Mammoth Auto a little ways back. I'm pretty sure it was a freebie. I can't 100% remember. Pretty sure my Amnesiac photo is a freebie as well so not all freebies are bad but I do find it slightly interesting. Might be just my dumb luck so far.

Hey Ase. I'm very early down the path of learning growing, in coco. Glad to have found your journal. I'll be following along.

Hey Ase. I'm very early down the path of learning growing, in coco. Glad to have found your journal. I'll be following along.

Hey DobeWan! You will love using coco. Glad to have you along and if you have any questions just feel free to ask. I tried to include a lot of stuff in the begin to help with early success with coco. Hope it helps!

Auto Veg Week 3 Day 3 - Photo Week 2 Day 3

Just a quick update. Everything is going pretty good. Even little Jack is starting to get bigger in the last day or two.

Before Defoliation
IMG_243527.JPG

I did a little defoliation. Some of the leaves on the autos were huge and just needed to go. I'm trying to not do too much to them but they are growing like crazy and blocking new growth. They are still growing vigorously so I think it will be just fine. Going to have to start up the other tent again soon with how fast everything is starting to grow.
IMG_243926.JPG

Autos Veg Week 3 Day 7 - Photos Veg Week 2 Day 7

The autos are 28 days from sprout and are ending veg week 3. There is now hairs on all 3 of them and today is likely the last day I will train them any further. Part because I am all the way out to the end of the pot and part because they are going to start flower soon.

The photos are 21 days from sprout and are ending veg week 2. I topped the Jack Herer yesterday morning as I feel like it finally was starting to get its stride. The new growth from topping is coming in fast already. It's a ways behind the others in size but I think it will work out in the end. Might have to veg it a week longer than the others. The other 3 I took the huge fan leaves off of so they look smallish but they are growing like crazy and will be starting to be trained in the next couple days.

I took some pure coco that was treated and filled in the tops of all the pots. This will allow a little more room to the surface for the roots to grow. I was already starting to see some get to the surface. The roots are all strong and white. I'm loving the root enhancers I am using. They are making a huge difference this time.

Before Training
IMG_245224.JPG

After Training
IMG_245622.JPG

Cherry Bomb Auto Training
IMG_245820.JPG

Wow - your training looks perfect. Definitely something to shoot for next time for me. My x shape looks more like I drew it left handed!

In terms of rotation and the fact I'm usually good at not mixing things up, I'm going to say this is indeed the Cherry Bomb. It and the Headlights are the same size so I'm going to trust my organization on this one.

The training is turning out great and all 3 autos are basically getting the same training and so will my photos when they are big enough. I am pretty happy with the way they look. Thanks for taking notice!

Autos Veg Week 4 Day 3 - Photos Veg Week 3 Day 3

My laptop is broken so until I get a new one my updates won't be quite as organized looking as normal.

I did some LST a few days ago and the plants are responding well. The photos are starting to take off now and even little Jack was topped. The other 3 photos are starting to be trained as of yesterday. Pretty happy with everything.

The autos are now all showing some white hairs. Not much more training for them now, just going to let them grow vertical. Time to clean and get my second tent ready to be put back in action as this one is starting to get cramped a little.

420-magazine-mobile1271114445.jpg

3 days later the Cherry Bomb looks like this now. If plants are healthy when you do it they usually respond very fast.

420-magazine-mobile2013054215.jpg

Ended up doing some defoliation today so added what they looked like now.

420-magazine-mobile1993931939.jpg

All of those girls have EXPLODED!

Already getting a nice Sea of Green up in there, they look like they're all loving life to the fullest!

:thumb:

Yeah a week ago I was thinking, I've still got a few weeks left before I need to get my 2nd tent back up and running. Now, only a week later I already need it. I did a lot of topping and training the last two weeks, I wonder how much aggressive veg I am going to get now that all that training is done and they are just going to grow and be stress free!

Even though the Auto's look good, I'm a Photos guy. It's hard for me to get too excited about the auto's since I'm not really in control of their schedule. I like to be able to be in control of when I flip them to make sure they have good shape.

Still happy I got rid of that Widow. So nice to have 7 healthy plants and not be worrying about the one funny one.

Yeah a week ago I was thinking, I've still got a few weeks left before I need to get my 2nd tent back up and running. Now, only a week later I already need it. I did a lot of topping and training the last two weeks, I wonder how much aggressive veg I am going to get now that all that training is done and they are just going to grow and be stress free!

Even though the Auto's look good, I'm a Photos guy. It's hard for me to get too excited about the auto's since I'm not really in control of their schedule. I like to be able to be in control of when I flip them to make sure they have good shape.

Still happy I got rid of that Widow. So nice to have 7 healthy plants and not be worrying about the one funny one.

I only like those autos outdoors, photos are the bomb, but unpredictable weather where I live are a gamble growing photos outside.

Haha it's funny how that works huh?!.

I haven't ever grown an autoflowerer but I feel the same way about photos and I think that's why I haven't ever tried em. Now if they happen to come as a free seed then hell of course I'd grow it lol

Haha it's funny how that works huh?!.

I haven't ever grown an autoflowerer but I feel the same way about photos and I think that's why I haven't ever tried em. Now if they happen to come as a free seed then hell of course I'd grow it lol

Pretty much all mine were freebies except the headlight and gorilla glue. I bought those two to pair with the Widow and Cherry Bomb I got for free. That way I had 4 total plants going in each tent. I will likely not grow anymore Autos. Nothing against them, they all look great. I just like to be in 100% control. I do also believe photos give better quality and thats important to me but the Blue Mammoth I grew was fantastic and I'm not saying anything bad about Autos. Just that I want to flip them.

The training I did this time I think ended up pretty good for Autos. Don't train enough or at the wrong time and it can really limit them.

As I say this I'm about to get some seed shipments in from sponsors for my Plant of the Month last month. I know I get some promo freebies and I ordered all feminized seeds in my orders but I think I'm getting a couple extra too, so maybe I'll get some autos that I didn't expect. Once I get to 4 I'll likely do another one just to use them but cloning is more my focus this time and really getting strong clones. I'll be taking a lot of them.

Back
Top Bottom