Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

What I love about having my good homie growing is that we can have perpetuals with multiple strains and always trade bud when we want something different. You are always popping new beans tho so you always get new flavors where as I am trying to get some strains locked down and chill on them for a minute

I see lots of cloning in my future. Probably far less new seed popping. With 6 strains between the two of us I'm sure I'll find a couple to keep around. Ayahuasca makes the cut until something knocks it off. Looking for a solid sativa which is why these new photo plants are mostly sativas this grow.

I see lots of cloning in my future. Probably far less new seed popping. With 6 strains between the two of us I'm sure I'll find a couple to keep around. Ayahuasca makes the cut until something knocks it off. Looking for a solid sativa which is why these new photo plants are mostly sativas this grow.

Yea seed popping get expensive and cloning is fun and super convenient!

Let's see how those sativas grow, and I'll be interested which one you choose to keep in the end and why

Yea seed popping get expensive and cloning is fun and super convenient!

Let's see how those sativas grow, and I'll be interested which one you choose to keep in the end and why

I am starting this grow with my eyes on the Tangerine Dream and the Jack Herer. The Jack is super small so far compared to the other 3. Tangerine Dream is the best so that's a win. Always have my eyes on whatever Nirvana seed I have. They seem to always have solid plants so far.

I likely will clone all of them and keep them all alive for a couple grows to get a smoke report and decide which ones to keep. If I get a plant that just doesn't grow well then I'll trash that strain early. Can't wait for my buddies girls to get big enough to clone and try those out too. Would love to get 2 Sativa, a hybrid and an Indica. 2 Indicas would be ok too.

I am starting this grow with my eyes on the Tangerine Dream and the Jack Herer. The Jack is super small so far compared to the other 3. Tangerine Dream is the best so that's a win. Always have my eyes on whatever Nirvana seed I have. They seem to always have solid plants so far.

I likely will clone all of them and keep them all alive for a couple grows to get a smoke report and decide which ones to keep. If I get a plant that just doesn't grow well then I'll trash that strain early. Can't wait for my buddies girls to get big enough to clone and try those out too. Would love to get 2 Sativa, a hybrid and an Indica. 2 Indicas would be ok too.

Going to keep an eye on that Jack herer - Pat and I ordered some more seeds and one of them is Jack Herer. So, keen to watch how she turns out for you. Also got Y'Griega coming :D

You must, I have a buddy who just started up and we will be trading clones for sure. I am really excited for that.

You didn't specify what you should be studying Pat. Maybe he is studying my thread ;)

Studying for a financial analyst board exam which is in under 20 days now. Lots of content (n) :volcano-smiley:

Auto Veg Week 1 Day 3 - Photo Seedling Week 1 Day 3

The Autos are growing pretty well and transplant didn't seem to effect them much at all. They all grew enough where I was able to top them at the 3rd node. I accidently got one of the widow's leaves too so I wasn't happy about that but oh well, it'll be fine. Likely will just give me one branch on that node instead of 2. It is kind of crazy to think I transplanted 2 days ago and already topped but they were ready in terms of growth for an auto. I wont be topping them again but I will be LSTing them the rest of the way.

The Photos are all on a good pace except the Jack Herer. It's one of my favorite strains. I do think it will be fine but I always seem to have a runt in every grow and I don't want that this time. It's way too early for me to give up on it but if I do get worried I have another bean I could start.

IMG_224424.JPG

They all look pretty comfy Ase.

Topping didn't really seem to slow them down and neither did transplanting so this is going pretty good so far. My other tent opens up soon so they will all have plenty of space soon. Just in time to start to see some vigorous growth!

Auto Week 1 Day 7 - Photo Seedling Week 1 Day 7

3 of the photos will likely get transplanted tomorrow. The Jack Herer is just moving so slow and I see no roots coming out the bottom like the other 3. I'm going to let it do it's thing for another week but if it doesn't improve by then it's gone. I still see bright green in the middle showing new growth but it's only a tiny amount.

The 4 Photos.
IMG_232719.JPG

All moved to my main tent for now. Will likely move the autos back into the other tent when I need to but for now no point in running both. You can see the real colors of the plants in this one. The close ups the flash makes them really green looking!
IMG_233721.JPG

Widow actually has 4 branches. This is the one I accidently cut the leaf off but it still grew a branch so I will have 4. It definitely suffered the most stress because of that and is the smallest. Still growing well though.
IMG_233117.JPG

Gorilla Glue is now probably tied for 2nd best. I won't say it has surpassed the Cherry Bomb quite yet but it is growing really nice.
IMG_232924.JPG

Cherry Bomb is growing fast and steady. Hasn't skipped a beat yet.
IMG_233320.JPG

Headlight is going nuts. It has some vigorous growth and nothing seemed to have stressed it out. I'm very excited for this one.
IMG_233518.JPG

Great looking grow! Nice job on describing each phase as you go through it and lots of great advice. I started my first coco grow and journal on April 20th and have already learned a great deal (White Widow and CBD Therapy). I'll be keeping a close eye on your journal updates as we aren't all that far apart.

Nice to see another grower using the MARS series of lights as well. I am currently using the MARS Reflector 192 x 5w. Really happy with it so far. Can't wait to see how well it works for scrog.

... shuffles down the isle ... grabs a seat ... :volcano-smiley:

I should also mention that I brew beer as well (all grain). I actually use a 5lb oxygen tank with litre/min regulator and 2 micron aeration stone to aerate wort before pitching yeast. I now also use it to aerate my nutrient mix at each watering (60 s @ 1L/min). Seems to be doing the trick so far. That will completely saturate a gallon of nutrients with oxygen. Plants don't seem to mind so far :)

Great looking grow! Nice job on describing each phase as you go through it and lots of great advice. I started my first coco grow and journal on April 20th and have already learned a great deal (White Widow and CBD Therapy). I'll be keeping a close eye on your journal updates as we aren't all that far apart.

Nice to see another grower using the MARS series of lights as well. I am currently using the MARS Reflector 192 x 5w. Really happy with it so far. Can't wait to see how well it works for scrog.

... shuffles down the isle ... grabs a seat ... :volcano-smiley:

I should also mention that I brew beer as well (all grain). I actually use a 5lb oxygen tank with litre/min regulator and 2 micron aeration stone to aerate wort before pitching yeast. I now also use it to aerate my nutrient mix at each watering (60 s @ 1L/min). Seems to be doing the trick so far. That will completely saturate a gallon of nutrients with oxygen. Plants don't seem to mind so far :)

Welcome Chappy and glad to have you along! I will check out your journal and follow along. Always fun to follow someone who uses my lights and is growing with coco. I've tried to learn in my journal making as well as in my growing. Since I've only been growing one year (as of 5/16/16) I still remember what it was like to search many journals for information so I try to make the information as easy as possible to find.

I stopped brewing for a year but I am excited to start making beer this summer now that the weather has cleared up and I feel like I have a good system for growing. Great thinking with the aeration stone. I've used lots of my brew equipment for growing as well. It's fun to see the many different ways people grow.

Auto Veg Week 2 Day 5 - Photo Veg Week 1 Day 2

The autos are 19 days from sprout and the photos are 11. The title of my updates corresponds with where I am at in terms of feeding in each phase and not overall days.

A lot has happened in the last 5 days. Let's get the bad news out of the way first. The Widow (Sorry Tom Smith and CK!) started to get dark and kind of dry at the tips. It literally happened within 36 hours. I've always had a soft spot and try to let things grow but after a low nutrient flush and trying everything I could think of I decided to say goodbye. This was the one I was looking forward to the least to be honest so not a huge deal. It could have been stressed from me cutting one of it's early leaves, plus topping? Either way it had good white roots and no bugs or anything weird. May have been more sensitive to lower humidity or higher temps and just locked up. I'm just not going to waste my time with trying to fix an auto when all the others look healthy and great.

The other 3 autos are on a roll. I've got huge white roots starting to come out all over the airpots. Much thicker this time around and this is what I was expecting. Last time I didn't get to use the Great White or the Rapidstart in veg. This time they are showing how big a difference it can make. Faster veg times for the same size plants is always a bonus.

Started tying the autos down a bit to grow wider. I also decided to the transplant 3 of my photos. The Jack is still going slow but seemed to actually hit a noticeable growth spurt yesterday. Also could see a root at the bottom finally. Don't know why this one decided to grow slow but its a photo and still looks healthy so I have some hope, not going to end this one yet. When it is ready I have an empty pot of coco for it.

IMG_239423.JPG

The tent as a whole is in pretty good shape. Still got a little bit of time before I have to get my 2nd tent up and going again.

IMG_239223.JPG
IMG_238534.JPG

Auto Veg Week 2 Day 6 - Let the Training Begin!!!

I was not expecting to turn around and do another update 12 hours later but here I am! Went to the tent this morning and thought "these girls have spaced out nicely, time to LST them a bit. It is kind of funny though because last night I remember thinking that I probably have a few days still before any of that but last night they boomed. Autos run faster in their phases than photos so I would say this has his the aggressive veg stage for these now. It put a smile on my face to open my tent and see nothing but healthy, green plants so it solidified my decision to part ways with the Widow.

Last night I mentioned the roots were booming. Tried to do the best I could to show them. They are incredibly thick. In a few days I will get a better pic and the pot will likely be full of them at this rate.

IMG_240726.JPG

I started by taking the first set of 3 point leaves off as well as the first set of 5 point leaves. They aren't attached to a node that is going to flower and they were getting pretty big. Each plant lost 4 leaves and since these are autos I will try to pull less leaves off as I normally do. Don't want to cause too much stress. The leaves were all pretty green and healthy.

IMG_240829.JPG

All the plants were trained the same way. I just take 4 metal stakes and tie them down under their furthest and most sturdy node. It's a judgement call but you can usually tell when a node is too flimsy to keep down. The Gorilla Glue is noticeably in 3rd place now.

IMG_240225.JPG

Headlights on the left and Cherry Bomb on the right. These two are going crazy and the headlight is just starting to look very symmetrical and even. If they keep growing this fast before they decide to flower I think I am going to be able to LST to get a lot of even nodes. As my friend has coined it "A screen-less ScrOG". When the leaves position themselves towards the light after this training I think they will look really nice.

IMG_240028.JPG

Everything is looking awesome Ase! Sorry to hear about The Widow): it's never fun having to cull a plant. I always see the best in them too and try not to throw anything away but I know what you mean by there is only so much you can do. It's just always a bummer still.

Those other 3 Autos will explode I bet and make up for the one you had to cull!

Everything is looking awesome Ase! Sorry to hear about The Widow): it's never fun having to cull a plant. I always see the best in them too and try not to throw anything away but I know what you mean by there is only so much you can do. It's just always a bummer still.

Those other 3 Autos will explode I bet and make up for the one you had to cull!

Yeah to be honest it was free and I really am not a huge Widow fan so if one has to go, I'm glad it was it. Weird how the lights/heat/nutes and pre treated coco were all the same and this gal couldn't handle it. The others look amazing and this one was eating its own leaves! Not something I needed to keep fighting less than 3 weeks into the grow. Would rather have 3 great autos than 3 good autos and 1 weird one that I just can't figure out. I think maybe I'm just getting used to tearing a plant down now that I had those males and the one weird freebie. Doesn't sting as bad anymore.

All of the freebies have been the only ones with problems. Maybe there is something to that...

Back
Top Bottom