Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

Autos Day 62 - Photos Day 6 Flower

Things just keep moving along nicely. Day 5-17 is when I always notice the best stretch so I will try to show the vertical height more in the next updates of the Photos tent.

Tangerine Dream
IMG_281026.JPG

Whole Family - Starting back left going counterclockwise - White Castle, Amnesiac, Jack Herer, Tangerine Dream
IMG_281217.JPG

In the flower tent things seem to be doing well. Here is a picture for the size reference.
IMG_279019.JPG

The Gorilla Glue is mighty frosty. I will start checking trichomes soon and see where they are at and then decide when to start flushing.
IMG_280423.JPG

Headlights is gaining weight nicely.
IMG_279412.JPG

Cherry Bomb's leaves are a little too light green for my liking but I also didn't expect it to be so huge. I have been trying to boost the Nitrogen. For the most part they still look fine and there is some yellowing of the leaves not really getting light or are just old leaves getting used up to help stack properly. Either way the stacking is doing much better than I thought I'd get. Starting to think I will get some fat colas on her.
IMG_279913.JPG

Looking good Ase!! How do you like autos. M not to keen on them. I like what photos bring to the table. To be honest i dont even like fem seeds i like reg and sort out the males. I have always known u to grow photos and if my memory is correct is this your first time running autos. They look fantastic and thats why i was curious.

hello Ase, (other growers)
I was wondering if you have ever tried an EBB&Flow style grow with the Coco? Such as the Oxygen Pot System?
I am currently trying a grow in Coco using a drip system with two plants but would be interested in doing more plant sites.
I like growing in the coco, and wish to stick with it but wanting to know what the best option would be, to use a EBB&Flow style or Drip system with multiple sites.

also, that Gorilla Glue Looks damn good.
read through the whole journal and learned a Ton of info, so thank you for that as well.

:Namaste:

Looking good Ase!! How do you like autos. M not to keen on them. I like what photos bring to the table. To be honest i dont even like fem seeds i like reg and sort out the males. I have always known u to grow photos and if my memory is correct is this your first time running autos. They look fantastic and thats why i was curious.

I had grown one Blue Mammoth Auto in one of my journals and it was ok. I think it produced just under an ounce and it was good smoke. First time where the whole tent is autos though. I gave it a pretty basic feed the whole time and didn't train it other than topping. I just like photos more because I dictate when the plants change. It helps me be able to train them more accurately without causing stress. I feel like I did pretty good with the structure of these autos. Maybe I wouldn't have trained the GG as much if I knew it was so much shorter than the others.

I only grew the autos because I could fit them into my schedule without really interrupting my veg time for my next set. However my Cherry Bomb will take a while longer so there may be some fight for space in that tent in about a month. The Headlights and Gorilla Glue will be finished by then. I can't say I don't like autos but I surely love feminized photos. Unless I was breeding I see no reason to grow males if you don't have to. Just my opinion but I'd rather just put effort into things that are going to flower.

hello Ase, (other growers)
I was wondering if you have ever tried an EBB&Flow style grow with the Coco? Such as the Oxygen Pot System?
I am currently trying a grow in Coco using a drip system with two plants but would be interested in doing more plant sites.
I like growing in the coco, and wish to stick with it but wanting to know what the best option would be, to use a EBB&Flow style or Drip system with multiple sites.

also, that Gorilla Glue Looks damn good.
read through the whole journal and learned a Ton of info, so thank you for that as well.

:Namaste:

I have not tried the EBB&Flow style but I have read about it here and there. People claim to have pretty good results but coco is really fine and I can see it causing clogs and buildups. I really have no experience here though.

I have seen quite a few people do a drip system with multiple sites and it looked pretty straightforward. I wish I had the space to try it myself, but I just have the two tents and that is about my maximum until I decide to look into buying a house.

The Gorilla Glue smells as good as it looks. It is going to be some great stuff but unfortunately it just has almost too fast of a grow time. Not even enough time to get big. Glad you got some good info from my journal!

In need of help. Everything was going good until I ran into this problem. Would you offer up some advice.

You seem to be doing a damn good. Figure I ask an expert opinion.

Should I be adding or taking away from the environment or soil?

Thanks

In need of help. Everything was going good until I ran into this problem. Would you offer up some advice.

You seem to be doing a damn good. Figure I ask an expert opinion.

Should I be adding or taking away from the environment or soil?

Thanks

These look stressed out. Did they just get transplanted recently? Usually plants will start to take all the nutrients from the bottom parts of the plant and transfer them to the top because the plant is stressed out and/or locked up. What does the new growth look like at the top? how far along are they? Are they in flower or veg? What are you feeding them? how often? PPM/PH measurements? What are your temps and humidity? Try to provide a little more information and I can help a little better.

Wow. That's good to know. Yes, I just transplanted last week. Good eye.

If you go to my 2nd grow journal on page 4 I had an issue like this before. Maybe if you read over those couple posts and look at the pictures you can get an idea if it feels like the same issue. Basically you will lose the part of the plants that get really yellow and have to cull them because your plant is telling itself to start eating itself for nutrients. As soon as the roots start working again then the plant will start uptaking from the soil. Just pay attention to the new growth and make sure you don't see it on there. If you do then it's likely a feeding deficiency (lack of nitrogen maybe). I'm pretty sure its transplant shock though. Most of the leaves effected are ones I usually take off at some point anyways so it is no biggie to lose them. Just make sure the plant is growing and healthy again (the new growth) before doing any culling.

Judging by your temp/humidity those are fine. What/how much/how often are you feeding them. Do you know the PH/PPM going in? how old are they?

I will look at your page right now. Much appreciated. Taking all your advice in right now.

I swear this is my last question of the day. "The day". Ha.

Do I need to add nutes, bloom or cal-mag to help in the deficiency?

I will let the leaves just fall off. I don't want to cut them. Feel like it will make things worse .

I will look at your page right now. Much appreciated. Taking all your advice in right now.

I swear this is my last question of the day. "The day". Ha.

Do I need to add nutes, bloom or cal-mag to help in the deficiency?

I will let the leaves just fall off. I don't want to cut them. Feel like it will make things worse .

I can't really answer that question without knowing what and how much you are feeding them. I still think it's just stress and not a deficiency. If it is a deficiency I think it's Nitrogen and that means you need to add a little more of the nutrients that contains the higher Nitrogen content. I wouldn't mess with changing your feed until you know if it is for sure a deficiency or not. Trying to correct one problems by trying 5 new things all at once might just cause other problems and then you won't know what the real problem is.

Autos Day 62 - Photos Day 6 Flower

Things just keep moving along nicely. Day 5-17 is when I always notice the best stretch so I will try to show the vertical height more in the next updates of the Photos tent.

Tangerine Dream
IMG_281026.JPG

Whole Family - Starting back left going counterclockwise - White Castle, Amnesiac, Jack Herer, Tangerine Dream
IMG_281217.JPG

In the flower tent things seem to be doing well. Here is a picture for the size reference.
IMG_279019.JPG

The Gorilla Glue is mighty frosty. I will start checking trichomes soon and see where they are at and then decide when to start flushing.
IMG_280423.JPG

Headlights is gaining weight nicely.
IMG_279412.JPG

Cherry Bomb's leaves are a little too light green for my liking but I also didn't expect it to be so huge. I have been trying to boost the Nitrogen. For the most part they still look fine and there is some yellowing of the leaves not really getting light or are just old leaves getting used up to help stack properly. Either way the stacking is doing much better than I thought I'd get. Starting to think I will get some fat colas on her.
IMG_279913.JPG

Headlights nice name lol

Looking nice bud.made me turn my frown upside down ...

Looking awesome as usual Ase.

You made reference to checking trichomes to decide when to start flushing. What criteria do you use to make that decision? What are you looking for, and is it influenced by what you want in the end - ie. more / less amber?

How do you personally flush in coco? Roughly how many days? Or do you do it on the leaf colour (waiting for them all to yellow?)

Your plants look great man that gorilla glue looks soo sticky

I was told two weeks or in ten days flush just ph down tap or rain water only yes leaves will yellow as well I hope hat helps but for drying you need to try this new method everyone is hyping about . Dr ziggys slow drying thread for how to slow dry your herb so it keeps all the terpenes in. a must look sir.

Looking awesome as usual Ase.

You made reference to checking trichomes to decide when to start flushing. What criteria do you use to make that decision? What are you looking for, and is it influenced by what you want in the end - ie. more / less amber?

I use a jewelers loupe and I make sure to check out the trichomes on the bud itself. Some people will check the sugar leaves and sugar leaves will always be more amber than the bud. That is why sugar leaves make such a good stoney high when you roll them in joints and such. Anyways, I usually just look to see if there is any amber or not. If there is not then there is no way I'm flushing. If I see about 5-10% amber I'm usually right in the range to flush. If for some reason I flush for a week and the trichs are still about 10% then I'll go a few more days. In coco I have heard of people doing a flush for only a couple days so if they start to go amber too quick then you can cull them but I like to flush at least a week and the trichs usually go from 5-10% amber to 15-20% amber. 30% clear, 50% cloudy and 20% amber is what I want them to usually be when I pull them.

How do you personally flush in coco? Roughly how many days? Or do you do it on the leaf colour (waiting for them all to yellow?)

Your plants look great man that gorilla glue looks soo sticky

I usually flush for 7-10 days. The very first day I will add FloraKleen and PH the water to 5.8. I'll run to about 50% runoff. Then next day is when I do the main flush and I run just regular tap water (my water is like 20ppm so super low in minerals and I don't PH the water, just leave it as is). If you have anything about 150-200 I'd flush with cleaner water. Anyways, I then water each plant until my runoff PPM is under 200 (collect some runoff and use the ppm meter to measure after each big dump of water). Usually it is about 2.5 times the amount the pot can hold. 3 gallon pots get somewhere between 5-7 gallons of water each usually. The following day is usually a light watering of tap water at most and then I give it normal waterings of just plain water for the rest of it's life-cycle.

I've had some strains yellow more than others and some that stayed greener so it's not all about the leaves. They likely will start to yellow for sure but it's important to be checking trichomes. A cheap jewelers loupe works great.

Back
Top Bottom